• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Sobe Life Water?????

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sobe Life Water has 0 calories yet 6 grams of carbs per serving. Anybody have any kind of sensible explanation???????????? Oh yeah, and I dont think it has any fiber. Am I just drawing a blank here or is Sobe BS'ing the world?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Clearly magic carbs.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ill go with magic carbs also. :49:

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So no explanation????? This is racking my brain...

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Um no honestly creator sometimes a company will count carbohydrates that are in sweetener. They has a chemical composition of X grams of sugar/ carbohydrates but they do not experience digestion/hydrolysis. That is all i can come up with. It is like carbohydrates vs net carbohydrates with fiber, but in this case it is with sweetner.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That is odd that they would count those. I mean technically they dont have any calories if they are not going to be absorbed by the body and made available for energy....

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i agree but that is the nly thing i can think of. If their is 6 carbs their MUST BE calories that go along with them because of the way calories content is measured. A carbohydrate has 4 calories that is the energy it has in it. To say that a carbohydrate, a molecule with a specific chemical structure does not have energy stored in its chemical bonds is incorrect. The company has done something funny. Either they have changed the carbohydrtae chemically so the bonds cant be broken and they are bound by the FDA to label the 6 g or something else but if something has 6 carbs it must have calories.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree it doesn't make a lot of sense. Short of a labelling requirement that covers an artificial sweetner which technically delivers no calories, I can't see why.

Either that or their marketing dept doesn't want you to look to closely at the label.