• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

New Diet And Workout Plan for Cutting

M

murray.gill

Upon Wake up: 3 hydroxycut tabs and 500ml water

Meal 1: 1/2 cup oats and scoop whey protein (with water)

Meal 2: 1 apple and 10 almond nuts (unsalted)

Meal 3: 1 Tin of Tuna and a cup of vegetables

Meal 4: whey Protein Shake (after my workout)

Meal 5: 100 grams of either fish,chicken,steak and a cup of vegetables.

Meal 6: Fat free cottage cheese (Table spoon)

Exercise Routine Consists of: Cardio 3 times a week (running) and Weights twice a week( high intesity)

My goals are to get ripped and really cut. my body fat is at 13.5% far to high i think..... !!

What do you guys think of this diet and workout plan.... Please feel free to comment and be as open and honest as you can. Need Help if Possible..

Thank you

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Upon Wake up: 3 hydroxycut tabs and 500ml water

Meal 1: 1/2 cup oats and scoop whey protein (with water)

Meal 2: 1 apple and 10 almond nuts (unsalted)

Meal 3: 1 Tin of Tuna and a cup of vegetables

Meal 4: whey Protein Shake (after my workout)

Meal 5: 100 grams of either fish,chicken,steak and a cup of vegetables.

Meal 6: Fat free cottage cheese (Table spoon)

Exercise Routine Consists of: Cardio 3 times a week (running) and Weights twice a week( high intesity)

My goals are to get ripped and really cut. my body fat is at 13.5% far to high i think..... !!

What do you guys think of this diet and workout plan.... Please feel free to comment and be as open and honest as you can. Need Help if Possible..

Thank you
I don't know man, that's a very low carbohydrate and fat diet, especially when you're training with high intensity. I hope you are not jumping right into a low calorie diet like this.

Obviously depends on your goals, but I don't like it.

M

murray.gill

serious.. so its way to little food ?? yeah im not jumping into this diet i have been eating like this for a while. But yeah.. you got any advice for me.... ?? diet and on the training side..

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
i would say that u should take in far more protein. instead of 1 can of tuna, take two. try to eat meat atleast 3 times aday. throw in some a few eggwhites and a whole egg. remember sometimes you have to even INCREASE your protein when u diet beause u dont want to end up losing all your mass. by looking at ure exercize routine, it looks like ure not really working out with weights enough. workout with weights 4-5 times a week and dont do any cardio for now to support your extra workout days, after a few weeks do cardio but walk dont run. if u workout more often and take in more protein, you will end up being leaner since you will put on a bit more dense muscle and lose fat.

i agree with flex, too little food. i dont know if its possible to get shredded doing that stuff because while ure losing fat you will be losing muscle as well so your body composition of fat to muscle ratio wont be changing fast enough and u wont end up getting that much more cut unless u end up super skinny. but Flex knows a hell of a lot more than me.

I just starded a basic diet and i have lost around 7 lbs of fat and gained around 3 lbs of muscle in 1 month because i increased my protein intake substantially with just food and dropped my carbs to about half as they were before, (since i can afford it now) im not taking any fat burners or any supplements at all right now but i just ordered a decent stack which should arrive within 2 weeks and i will be taking even more protein.

As far as training goes, a bodybuilder cannot build mucle or a complete physique working out twice a week. Although you may not be a bodybuilder, you can still workout witha bodybuilding routine and acheive all your goals in the fastest way (unless ure training for a specific sport). If there was a faster way to get in shape, bodybuilders wouldnt be doing what they are doing now, they would try whatever works the most efficiently. try working out a bodypart a day on a 5 day a week workout, if its too many days for u than do triceps after chest and biceps after back which will make it a 4 day . i have been doing cardio but because of my job, not because by choice, but it has definitely helped with fatloss, the reason im saying not to do cardio for a few weeks is because if u workout more often u wont need to for a while since ure body will be getting used to the change from 2 days a week to 5 days a week and u will be burning fat.

M

murray.gill

okay cool.. thanks a lot for the help guys...

M

murray.gill

But the problem i have is honestly now.. if i eat any more than this original diet i posted i gain weight!!! Should i go and see a doctor because its obviously not normal and the diet doesnt really work for me... im constantly tired and feeling weak. But i jus dont want to gain weight so i kinda push through... But im starting to think i should go and see a doctor or something because how can i gain weight by eating more than i origanally posted.. and im a big guy. big boned and naturally big.. haha...

jsfitnessking

jsfitnessking

seems your meals are very limited. almost no carbs and very little fat. if your doing more cardio than weight training it seems your burning up any calories you take in, leaving nothing to help you recover, which is probably why you tired all the time. try adding some carbs, not a ton just something simple like a sweet potato with your shake after working out and switch the third cardio day to a weight training day. sometimes more consistant weight training can help you get leaner, rather than more cardio. your bodyfat% isnt outrageous, if you stay on track and give your bodytime to respond, results should come nice and slowly the way you want it to.

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
how tall are you, how much do you weigh?

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ps screw that HIT shit, it works for cardio but thats about it, get in the gym and go heavy, and go heavy alot. Build some muscle...... ok I'm done ranting on hit now lol

M

murray.gill

im weighing in at 100kg and im 6ft... But soon as i eat more than my original diet i pick up weight to like the 104 - 105 kg regions in the space of a weekend... ???

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ You don't gain real weight in that sort of time period. So it is either fluids or literally shit.

The other thing is that your diet being so tempremental would be down to the amount of actual exercise you are doing. HIT is really low volume and can lead to an ordinary metabolism. Try doing a more normal weights routine that sees more spikes in your activity and protein synthesis demands. I like UB/LB but something that gets you lifting more regularly would be beneficial.

jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
if you only want to train weights twice a week. I would suggest to squat every workout and/or deadlift. Heavy explosive training is very beneficial for the body. As far as nutrition goes, you'll have to seek out what fits you best.

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
if you only want to train weights twice a week. I would suggest to squat every workout and/or deadlift. Heavy explosive training is very beneficial for the body. As far as nutrition goes, you'll have to seek out what fits you best.

Good advice. Personally I don't know if I could even lift only twice a week. lol I love lifting and have to stop myself a lot from getting on the verge of overtraining. Twice a week I'd be edgy and anxious to get back in the gym. Everyone is different though.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I used to train HIT and found it ok as you really do hammer yourself in the gym. But I also did a fair bit of activity out of the gym. As soon as that changed I put on pudge really quickly and it made me reassess what I was doing.

The more I read the more I realised I had been duped.

jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I used to train HIT and found it ok as you really do hammer yourself in the gym. But I also did a fair bit of activity out of the gym. As soon as that changed I put on pudge really quickly and it made me reassess what I was doing.

The more I read the more I realised I had been duped.

yeah I have done HIT too for several months. I noticed that is realy hard for your nervious system instead for your muscles. I liked it though.

jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good advice. Personally I don't know if I could even lift only twice a week. lol I love lifting and have to stop myself a lot from getting on the verge of overtraining. Twice a week I'd be edgy and anxious to get back in the gym. Everyone is different though.

indeed, I am just the same. :)

M

murray.gill

haha.. i love lifting myself.. There is nothing like being stiff the next morning and 3 days after a solid leg workout.. wow.. love it... BUt i see your guys points and i appreciate your help.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
HIT is great if done right. i know ure supposed to go heavy with legs but i do 2 weeks of HIT leg days and the next 2 weeks i go heavy and i get WAAAAAY better workouts with HIT training, my hamstrings have been showing A LOT of improvements from the High Intensity sets. I had heavy squat and hack squats.... it felt good but it doesnt feel nearly as good as when i feel like practically crying from the intensity of HIT sets... I think its best to combo things constantly and constantly shock your body with both Volume and HIT. Sometimes my shoulder workouts are 1 hr but sometimes if its a super intense workout i can finish in 40 minutes. with chest i can finish in 30 minutes and ill be sore as hell lol