• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Playstation 3 thread

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I thought it would be good to add an official ps3 thread.

first question..

When i try to play metal gear online, i has to update
that takes 3 hours to get to 40% here, and that is so fucking slow compared to anything else i dl. can i purchase it through the playstation store?

P

Pain

VIP
Try using the direct download instead of p2p.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was thinking of trading in this ps3 next year, to wait for the newer system (PS4), question is, when you trade in systems at gamestop do you need the box, and everything originally with it?

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was thinking of trading in this ps3 next year, to wait for the newer system (PS4), question is, when you trade in systems at gamestop do you need the box, and everything originally with it?

I'm pretty sure you don't need the box, but you probably need the cables.

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

they are coming out with a ps4?

P

Pain

VIP

PS4 won't be out till 2012-2014.

Those dates look so futuristic. :turborun:

smcfay

smcfay

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
MSG4..greatest game i played for for ps3 to date.

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Trade in your PS3 for an Xbox 360 and play with us. :)

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
they are coming out with a ps4?

It's kind of a given that they will, but nothing has been officially announced. We have at least 2 years before it's released, possibly longer.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
If you like playing online though the xbox is better because there are shitloads of people on xbox. And also I think the games are better.

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Batman Arkham Asylum, great game....back to you johnny.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you like playing online though the xbox is better because there are shitloads of people on xbox. And also I think the games are better.

actually a ps3 exclusive is on average better than an 360 exclusive.....
anyways what is so fun about gears of war?
perhaps the most repititive gameplay ever created......apart from tetris

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
actually a ps3 exclusive is on average better than an 360 exclusive.....
anyways what is so fun about gears of war?
perhaps the most repititive gameplay ever created......apart from tetris
:bball:

do you any facts to back up that the PS3 is better then the 360. prob not

xbox has one of the best selling games series ever HALO and gears of war is awesome too.

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

xbox has one of the best selling games series ever HALO and gears of war is awesome too.

Valkyria Chronicles. Ratchet series. Uncharted 1, 2. Resistance 1, 2. Killzone 2. InFamous. God of War 1,2,3. Gran Turismo 5. Metal Gear Solid 4. Little Big Planet. Demon's Souls. Final Fantasy 14. Blazblue. Wipeout. Socom. Warhawk.

Those are top exclusives off the top of my head (all either scores of around 9 or up or upcoming titles in huge franchises). I'll take that over Halo and Gears, personally.

PS3 = free online, wifi, blu ray player, lower failure rate, quieter....same price.

(not hating on 360, it's a fun console....just felt like laying some smackdown :turborun:).

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Valkyria Chronicles. Ratchet series. Uncharted 1, 2. Resistance 1, 2. Killzone 2. InFamous. God of War 1,2,3. Gran Turismo 5. Metal Gear Solid 4. Little Big Planet. Demon's Souls. Final Fantasy 14. Blazblue. Wipeout. Socom. Warhawk.

Those are top exclusives off the top of my head (all either scores of around 9 or up or upcoming titles in huge franchises). I'll take that over Halo and Gears, personally.

PS3 = free online, wifi, blu ray player, lower failure rate, quieter....same price.

(not hating on 360, it's a fun console....just felt like laying some smackdown :turborun:).

ZING!!!!!!

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn look at all the haters in here, and non-haters :p
Oh bout gears of war, i bought gears of war for pc, and the 2nd soon too.

like Tech,pain said in past, most games that come out for 360, besides halo come out for pc, but ps3 games only a few... and i like the interface (XMB) better than 360s

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's all the same stuff to me anyway.

Xbox 360 fits my budget, I like the controller a lot more (Playstation controller is too small for my hands I find), I know all of the PS3 exclusive games because I've played them on PS1/PS2 (MGS, Killzone, God of War, GTA, Ratchet series, Socom, Wipeout, Finaly Fantasty - all fantastic games though). I don't need blue ray, I have no idea what Linux is, my Xbox 360 is pretty quite already...

But I could have flipped a coin for the PS3/Xbox 360 if they were the same price and care less with what I ended up with, as long as I'm in the know and play the newest games 'cause I've been missing out on so much of them!

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

actually yes.. i read an article where they compared(dont ask me how) all exclusive`s ratings etc.. and came to the conclusion ps3 exclusive is on avg better than an 360 exclusive

they are great but i wouldnt call them amazing... ESPECIALLY gears of war with its super repetitive gameplay and great lack of guns.
Halo is cool... however not halo odst or halo wars....

Msoft didnt have anything to put out for the holidays so basically they threw out ODST.. which uses the same old engine(its untouched) but sold at those unsually high prices
it will sell well sure.. because of the name
also from another review