• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Speedy's training log

speedy

speedy

Hi guys,

For those who don't know me yet, well that's normal as I registered yesterday, so I am brand new on this board...You can check out my introduction in the appropriate section.

I decided to start a training log to get advices and to share my experience with you guys. I'm from France, now in Montreal, and I've been working out for about 3 years and a half. Like a lot of you (I guess), I started being more serious about my diet about a year ago, and since then I've been trying to learn more and more about our sport and nutrition...

I could take some good advices right now because I am muslim, and this is my first Ramadan this month (I converted to Islam a year ago), so my main goal is to try not to lose to much weight...So if there is any muslim on this board that could give me some advices about bodybuilding nutrition during Ramadan, that'd be highly appreciated...

Ok, enough talking, let's start with the training. Yesterday, chest workout :

- Flat bench press :
10@200
10@220
2*5@270
8@250
- Incline bench press
4*8@220
- Weighted dips
4*8@(body weight + 90lbs)
- Seated fly
3*8@220
- Incline bench press (on a machine)
3*8@220

That was it...once again, as it is Ramadan and as I have no choice but working out before eating, so on a empty stomach, my workouts are pretty short (45'), and I workout only one muscle group...

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ imo the best thing to do during ramadan is what you are doing, training right before eating before sundown. This way you get your PW nutrition in, question though, does that also mean u cant have any type of pills during fastin? like bcaa's?

Good luck and welcome to the logs

speedy

speedy

No food, no liquids (meaning no water, even during training), and no pills either during the day...Well at least I'm gonna burn the little layer of fat I had on my abs haha...

Do you guys think this fast can be beneficial though : after the 19th of september, I can start eating normally again, and I was thinking that this will definitely shock my body/muscles, so I should grow a lot right after this month don't you think (if I take the right amount of quality food obviously)...

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
From people that i know, most of them had a good rebound effect once they start eating right again, just dont train too hard, cuz you dont have enough calories to recover and stuff, be patient, once 19th of sept comes, eat lots and train hard

speedy

speedy

Thanks PrinceVegeta for your comments and advices...
Oh and by the way, I like your son better haha
6pp7u5aq-1.jpg

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ lol, he is a pussy lolz

speedy

speedy

:eek5nono: You're crazy man...out of all the characters in DBZ, Trunks is for sure the less "pussy" haha...Vegeta is kinda one though, always complaining...but the worst one is Sangoten (grown up) for sure haha...

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
awesome chest session bro. ure on strong dude:2:

speedy

speedy

Thanks mate I appreciate, especially coming from a strong guy like you :xyxthumbs:. I noticed that you seem to talk in KG on this board but as it's american I was expecting LBS...I know both but I just wanted to know which one you understand better ? (I hope you understood my chest session was in LBS, I am not that strong...yet :weightlifter:)

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
nice to see a new log in here.

good chest workout bro. pressing a good amount of weight there. keep up the good work:xyxthumbs:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
nice chest session bro !!!

keep up the good work :thumbsup2:

speedy

speedy

Wooow thanks guys I really appreciate your comments...
Chest is my fav' by far, if I could I'd do it all the time haha...Thanks again and sorry for not posting too much yet on your logs, but there are too many to check out !!! Ill try to do my best though..

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Great strength you have!

Looking forward to see more.. :xyxthumbs:

speedy

speedy

Hi guys, and thanks again for the comments.

Yesterday, shoulder training :

- Shoulders presses :
4*10@150
- Upright row (cable) :
10@120
10@130
10@140
10@150 :turborun:
- Lateral raises (dumbells):
4*10@25 (each)
- Lever shrugs :
5*10@270 (getting there...)
- Lever seated rear lateral raise (clear enough ?) :
3*10@100

That was a good training...shoulder training is not my fav but it went well and I was pretty happy with the weights I used...

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Solid session man! heavy ass upright rows!

speedy

speedy

Thanks Vegeta for your comments :thumbsup2:

Yesterday Chest again :

- Flat bench, dumbell presses :
10@80
10@90
7@100 :headbang:
10@90

- Incline bench, barbell presses :
4*8@200

- Cable crossover :
4*12@60 (each side)

- Lever incline bench presses :
10@200
8@220
8@200
8@180

That's it, it was pretty short, but intense enough...I'm happy about my dumbell presses, even if they take all of my energy right at the beginning of my workout...

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome chest session man, heavy presses, keep it up!