• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Olympia Clash of the Titans: Freeman vs Dillet

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
freeman_vs_dillett_lg.jpg

The giant mutants, Toney Freeman vs Paul Dillet

6262.jpg
6261.jpg

NAME: Toney Freeman
HEIGHT: 6'1"
WEIGHT: 280 pounds
OLYMPIA HISTORY: 2006, 7th; 2007, 14th; 2008, 5th

NAME: Paul Dillet
HEIGHT: 6'1"
WEIGHT: 280 pounds
OLYMPIA HISTORY: 1993, 6th; 1994, 4th; 1996, 5th; 1997, 5th; 1998, DNP; 1999, 7th; 2000, 5th; 2001, 9th; 202, 15th

SCOUTING REPORT: FREEMAN
Toney Freeman toiled away as a journeyman competitor his first three years in the pros. Since his breakout year of 2006, however, he's established himself as an A-lister, thanks to his stunning X-frame, which includes terrific arms and legs and a barn door-wide back. A minor pec tear and a slightly shallow appearance in side shots are his main flaws.

SCOUTING REPORT: DILLET
Dubbed "Freakenstein", Dillet was, in some poses and certainly relaxed, the most impressive bodybuilder in history. Yet despite his incredible appendages, ponderous pecs and a tight waist, his posing was terrible and his back was as unimpressive as his front was impressive.

FRONT VIEW:
Relaxed, it's all Dillet which is no sleight to Freeman, but Dillet's relaxed front pose is a world-beater. Once the arms come up though Dillet loses a lot of steam as Freeman sinks into a pleasing version of the front double biceps shot. Dillet wins ab & thigh and most muscular shots.

SIDE VIEW:
Thanks to massive calves and a ridiculously thick torso, Dillet wins this one. Freeman looks great, but Dillet is from another planet.

REAR VIEW:
Freeman dominates Dillet from the back, both in the front and rear double biceps poses. Freeman beats Dillet in width, thickness and detail - slam dunk.

THE WINNER: FREEMAN
It's been often said that if Dillet had Dorian Yates' mental approach to bodybuilding he would have figured out his back and posing issues and would never have been beaten as a pro. Freeman has the perfect mindset for Freeman's body. Freeman's overwhelming dominance in the back and front double biceps poses gives him a slight edge over Dillet for the win.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Agree here, but dillet was a FREAK

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^Dillet was a freak for sure !!!

but Freeman looks better than him.

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Freeman has maybe better overall package, but I think you all will agree with the fact that the freak award goes to Paul.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
completely different types of physiques

FlexFan

FlexFan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't think Freeman beats Dillet in the arms as stated...especially in the triceps - not even close...and what's that BS at the end in Dillet's Olympia history "202,15th"?!

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ In 2002 he got 15th place.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
^ yea it was a typo by flexonline, lol.

A

alfred_wright

Dillet always looked like a giant on stage among other Competitors which I dont see freeman looks the same next to other Competitors....and dillet's arms are one of the biggest and should surely beat freemans....

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
A

alfred_wright

Big Dillet's arms

Big Dillet's arms

Attachments

• 1994-german-gp-new-1 - Paul WINNER.jpg
    1994-german-gp-new-1 - Paul WINNER.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 215
H

hook3

dude so freeman wins tha back and he takes the whole thing... thats a little skewed

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

Toney's body is incredibly aesthetic but Dillet's muscle bellies were fuller and bigger, he was one of the best freak to walk on stage.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In that pic his lats are completely assymetrical, his right lat is much bigger