• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Olympia Clash of the Titans: Warren vs El Sonbaty

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
NAME: Branch Warren
HEIGHT: 5'7"
WEIGHT: 255 pounds
OLYMPIA HISTORY: 2005, 8th; 2006, 12th

NAME: Nasser El Sonbaty
HEIGHT: 5'11"
WEIGHT: 280 pounds
OLYMPIA HISTORY: 1994, 7th; 1995, 3rd; 1996, DQ'd; 1997, 2nd; 1998, 3rd; 1999, 6th; 2000, 5th; 2001, 9th; 202, 15th

SCOUTING REPORT: WARREN
Warren may well pack more striated muscle on his 5'7" frame than anyone else in bodybuilding today. As he rolls his 250 pounds onstage he resembles a human tank, all power and energy. His legs are especially impressive; his arms and back a bit less impressive. Warren is the living epitome of ruggedness.

SCOUTING REPORT: EL SONBATY
Coming into his own during the "mass monster" era of the mid-90's (think Yates, Dillet, Fux, Francois), El Sonbaty stood apart as the most massive of them all. He sported full, hard muscles from head to toe, especially from the front. If not for a slightly subpar back Nasser could easily have won several Sandows.

FRONT VIEW:
From the waist up El Sonbaty holds a solid edge. Although their torsos aren't too far apart, El Sonbaty's arm advantage is sizable. Legs is a tossup - both men have, arguably, the best wheels of their respective generations.

SIDE VIEW:
This one is close, although Warren does hold a slight advantage when it comes to glutes and hamstrings. Again, El Sonbaty's arm advantage is clear, but Warren's pec mass offsets this.

REAR VIEW:
Neither man is known for a strong back. In the rear double biceps shot El Sonbaty's back looks narrow and thin. Warren's is thicker, although lacking in crisp detail. El Sonbaty's back holds up better against Warren's in the rear lat spread.

THE WINNER: EL SONBATY
In the end it's the more balanced physique and better arms of El Sonbaty that wins out. Warren's unbelievable conditioning keeps it close, but only a few men in history could have beaten a primed El Sonbaty and, to date at least, Warren's physique doesn't put him in that category.

Last edited by a moderator:
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I prefer warren in this battle, condition wise he blows sonbaty away, plus sonbaty's wheels will look like nothing special next to branch.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
^ same here, i'd vote for Branch, his condition at ASC this year, is way better than Nasser ever had, plus i can't stand Nasser's oil in arms and delts..

and you're right about Branch's legs.

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nasser had his years when he were waaay better than Branch (1997). So my answer is that at his prime, Nasser is better.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
now if this was a personality contest, i think we know who the winner would be ;) ..... (branch)

R

Ruhlforever

Nasser of course, he was actually the uncrowned mr olympia in perhaps three competitions 1995-1996 and 1997 where politics of IFBB and the weider-McCough clan took an impressive role in giving the sandow to Mr. Injuries Dorian Yates, in 1997 Yates received a gift with a TORN biceps a horrible bicep.

T

tavuthekid

el sonbatty for the mass but warren for the condition

H

hook3

dude comeon are you serious? these pictures are from different distances... get more pictures to compare... i respect the idea of comparing these guys and putting in the effort to make these posts, but if you are going to go trough the trouble to make them you should do them all the way and make them a little more fair... also bodybuilding today looks differently at the physiques than they did when sombaty was bodybuilding, great example... markus rule... never did well but wouldve fit in perfect in the yates sonbaty years.