• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Dennis Wolf trains legs - Road to the Olympia

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Slide1_45.jpg

http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/2321/225/

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
I gotta say that I was impressed to see Dennis doing squats!

lol @ "I feel good too" comment haha, and btw, like always Dennis is HUGE!

Salt

Salt

288 lbs is massive. Great video of The Wolf. Thx for sharing.

Joeb23

Joeb23

I gotta say that I was impressed to see Dennis doing squats!

Those were not squats. Not even close to acceptable form...
Once again, this demonstrates that form is highly overrated. Muscle growth and stimulation can occur from doing almost anything it seems. :music:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
"Full Squats"....... :disgust:

Lame.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Those weren't even Duality squats.... Wolf is such a pussy.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Those weren't even Duality squats.... Wolf is such a pussy.

qft. he wasnt close to hitting paralell. calling it full squats is misleading to say the least.

atleast he actually does "squats" in this video. thats an improvement from the last leg session i saw him do.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
H

hook3

wow everyone is super quick to judge, he is a taller guy which makes deep squats harder he probably doesnt want to get hurt before olympia either i mean he seemed worn down hes probably exhausted by now with the diet... and to say that anything can stimulate muscle growth it probably has somwething to do with the massive amounts of drugs these guys are on

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^exactly !!!
he doesn't want to get hurt, that's a smart thing to do !!!

thanks for the updates tkD :tiphat:

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

wow everyone is super quick to judge, he is a taller guy which makes deep squats harder he probably doesnt want to get hurt before olympia either i mean he seemed worn down hes probably exhausted by now with the diet... and to say that anything can stimulate muscle growth it probably has somwething to do with the massive amounts of drugs these guys are on
Well Dennis is actually 180cm which is 5'11'' and I'm 5'10 which is 178 cm, that's average height, while I do agree that precontest everybody must be a bit more careful with the excersises to avoid injuries, I do agree that Wolf misses some major excersises like full squats and deadlifts and that is the main reason why his weak spots, see lower back and hamstrings/glutes aren't to the level of the rest of his body.I'm a huge fan of the Wolf, but that's the truth.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Wolf is about 5'11", I'm 6'1 and I have zero problem squatting below parallel. I also did deep, 20 rep squats up until about 10 days out from a show when I competed. You are correct though, anything can stimulate growth with the massive amounts of gear that pros take, Dennis Wolf is exhibit A for this.

Flex is exactly right. Wolf doesn't squat or deadlift like he should, and his lower back and hams suck. Coincidence? Not one bit.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Many reasons why we're upset.

1.) He's not tall, he's barely over average height. I'm 2 inches taller and hardly consider myself tall. How he compares to other bodybuilders in this aspect doesn't matter.

2.) The video says "full squats." I have no problem with someone who wants to squat just above parallel or at parallel, just don't refer to them as "full squats" when they are not even close to that. All of his reps are cut short of parallel besides 1 or 2.

3.) He's a waste of good genetics. Please tell me why he would squat to emphasize to the quads when his quads would grow even if he replaced leg day with a slow walk on the treadmill. Two of his weaknesses are glutes and hamstrings, and he's either too dumb or too lazy to improve them. I'm willing to bet it's laziness.

4.) The video wasn't recorded yesterday and we're still two weeks out. In other words, this video is recorded at least 3 weeks prior to the Olympia.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
^ I agree.

His form is crap to say the least. I mean even on leg extensions and then the leg presses were'nt a full range of motion. I don't know if he's just a dumb guy and does'nt know how to train or if he's just being lazy because he thinks he can get away with training crappy. Next offseason he needs to sort his shit out if he ever wants to bring his ful potential to the Olympia stage.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As another person who is taller than Wolf and has no problem squatting deep I find the "oh he's tall" or the "oh doesn't want to get hurt" arguments BS. I'd also like to point out that the weight he was using there for his piss-ant squats was a weight I was using at 100lbs lighter BW (for a slightly deeper squat, I've since changed).

He needs to grow a pair and lift properly. And this is from someone who thinks Wolf is a great BBer.

H

hook3

As another person who is taller than Wolf and has no problem squatting deep I find the "oh he's tall" or the "oh doesn't want to get hurt" arguments BS. I'd also like to point out that the weight he was using there for his piss-ant squats was a weight I was using at 100lbs lighter BW (for a slightly deeper squat, I've since changed).

He needs to grow a pair and lift properly. And this is from someone who thinks Wolf is a great BBer.

this is bullshit man everyone is quick to bag on this guy... the guy is fucking huge of course he has weak points who doesnt? Besides Heath I mean. For people to bag on him man yeah he probably wont ever be Olympia because of those weak points but still the guy puts on a fucking awesome show every year and hes not from America. He brings something different, there are a lot of guys who do full squats and heavy deads like Johnnie J and he looks like shit. Quit baggin support the dude. Thats like calling out Chuck Liddell saying he's a dumbshit or a bitch because his ground game wasnt the best. He'd knocked people out thats what he did. Say it to his face and say it to Wolf's face man I'd love anyone to walk up to Wolf and say "I bet I can squat deeper than you" he would laugh and then is his accent say fuck you I just signed a multimillion dollar deal with Nutrex who are you?

H

hook3

not say to say Liddell didnt have decent ground game its just not what hes known for ya know? thats what im sayin

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Wolf is huge, i have no problem with his training style because he looks freaking awesome... Buuuut, if he wants to make the improvements that kai, phil, and dexter are making... he needs to go to metroflex and get a crashcourse in hardcore and then he needs to go to Armbrust Gym for a crashcourse in squats. Him saying " full squats" is like when Gustavo Badell was doing curls and saying " ALL NATURAL!!"