• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Jeff Rodriguez trains arms 1 week from 2009 NPC Team Universe

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Uh oh, he looks a bit over-depleted to me.

I hope he wins the whole show nonetheless.

big inspiration right there!

the guy is rippped!

thanks Daniel.

Well from his water loading phase theory, seems that his depleted look is on purpose right?

His arms look great! God I miss training :(

Wow, look at that front lat spread. His waist disappears!

Well from his water loading phase theory, seems that his depleted look is on purpose right?

Why would he want to look over-depleted 1 week out?

:confused:

Why would he want to look over-depleted 1 week out?

:confused:

I dont know, but at 1 week out he starts drinking 5 gallons of water?! There must be some reason for that madness.,

he does look over depleted right now.. but props to him.. i dont get the idea behind most of his food being protein shakes though??? Flex, explanation?

he does look over depleted right now.. but props to him.. i dont get the idea behind most of his food being protein shakes though??? Flex, explanation?

He drinks a lot of protein shakes because he cannot handle eating large ammounts of food 5 times a day. that way he has smaller meals more often without getting full or bloated... i think that may be one of the reasons why he looks a bit stringy... also may be one of the reasons why his waist is so sucked up other than genetics...

I agree with flex, he looks overdepleted but i dont think i have ever seen him not over depleted. either way, he is one super conditioned natty. Im hoping he juices somewhere down the line, i think he can be verry competative on a pro stage if he had the mass on that great frame of his.

I gave him a hard time about that over on the Muscular Development forum. He does 3 meals of solid foods and 4 meals of shakes per day. That's not really that bad, but he'd probably benefit in adding at least one more solid food meal a day.

I'm going to try to convince him to go 4 and 3 rather than 3 and 4 for his next offseason.

I dont know, but at 1 week out he starts drinking 5 gallons of water?! There must be some reason for that madness.,
I wasn't aware he bumps it up that much that late. I was figuring he goes 5 gallons for several weeks. There's really no reason for doing that IMO, it only makes the carbup process more confusing. He's going to drop his water his last several days, so it's pretty drastic to go from 5 gallons down to a gallon (or however much he decides to use).

he looks really good, depleted, but still very impressive

jeff is looking good !!! top 2 for sure !!!

thanks for the updates tkd :tiphat:

I dont like saying this, but I have a really hard time believing anyone these days that claim to be "natural", im definitely not saying all "natural" bbers are "not" natural, but I have known way too many in my day to take their word on it.. the most powerful testosterone is test suspension and it leaves your system in a a week or so, if that! also, there is absolutely no way to test for growth hormone, sure they would have elevated IGF 1 levels but come on now.. there is no absolute test for this.. and surely they know when they are getting tested, its not like the Olympics where they can get tested randomly at any given time, im sure their piss tests are set up the day or close to the actual show.. this guy has really good genetics and im not saying its not possible that he is all natural but its just really hard to believe now a days..

also, when he says protein shakes, does he literally mean just protein? like a whey protein shake with water? nothing added to this mix? any complex carbs by chance? im just curious because protein shakes especially while dieting is not something very common especially for the highly competitive levels.. does he have a trainer/nutritional adviser helping him with his prep?

I dont like saying this, but I have a really hard time believing anyone these days that claim to be "natural", im definitely not saying all "natural" bbers are "not" natural, but I have known way too many in my day to take their word on it.. the most powerful testosterone is test suspension and it leaves your system in a a week or so, if that! also, there is absolutely no way to test for growth hormone, sure they would have elevated IGF 1 levels but come on now.. there is no absolute test for this.. and surely they know when they are getting tested, its not like the Olympics where they can get tested randomly at any given time, im sure their piss tests are set up the day or close to the actual show.. this guy has really good genetics and im not saying its not possible that he is all natural but its just really hard to believe now a days..
I agree, there's obviously people competing in natural bodybuilding shows that aren't natural (Michael Lockett!). And yes, the testing is almost always set up a day before or the day of the show.

Serb said:
also, when he says protein shakes, does he literally mean just protein? like a whey protein shake with water? nothing added to this mix? any complex carbs by chance?
I don't think he adds anything except water to his whey protein. But, he'll eat some carbs/fat sources with the shakes. If you'd like to find out more you can check out his blog.

www.jrod123.blogspot.com
Serb said:
im just curious because protein shakes especially while dieting is not something very common especially for the highly competitive levels..
Seems that way, although there's not much reason to cut it out. It still remains the best protein source upon wakening and post-workout. IFBB pro Mark Alvisi used the excuse "I don't like to use whey protein while I diet, because it doesn't fill me up." But, whey protein actually can be very filling, as studies have shown it suppresses appetite more effectively than foods such as cottage cheese.

Serb said:
does he have a trainer/nutritional adviser helping him with his prep?
No, he does everything himself.

I wasn't aware he bumps it up that much that late. I was figuring he goes 5 gallons for several weeks. There's really no reason for doing that IMO, it only makes the carbup process more confusing. He's going to drop his water his last several days, so it's pretty drastic to go from 5 gallons down to a gallon (or however much he decides to use).

His water manipulation is pretty drastic but he has been doing it for several years now. It has to be drastic in order for your body to go into a mode where your pissing constantly and continue pissing constantly after you switch from 5 gallons to 1 gallon that way your body is efficient at moving water in and out of your system and your body doesnt worry about retaining water since it beleives there is plenty of water going through. It seems to work for him, i also have a friend who does some water manipulation and he got pretty ripped. I agree with you, flex, th 4 shakes to 3 meals ratio should be flipped, a little extra solid food will only do you good.

As for the people who dont think he is natural, i also beleived he was juicing but watching him over the years i havent seen drastic size increase and the conditioning can be based on the fact that he stays really lean year-round and he is pretty smart when it comes to dialing it in.... A by product of his methods is over-depletion IMO

His water manipulation is pretty drastic but he has been doing it for several years now. It has to be drastic in order for your body to go into a mode where your pissing constantly and continue pissing constantly after you switch from 5 gallons to 1 gallon that way your body is efficient at moving water in and out of your system and your body doesnt worry about retaining water since it beleives there is plenty of water going through. It seems to work for him, i also have a friend who does some water manipulation and he got pretty ripped. I agree with you, flex, th 4 shakes to 3 meals ratio should be flipped, a little extra solid food will only do you good.
I know the reasoning behind it. My point is it makes a carbup more risky.

Plus, at least 15 days is the amount of time you should give your body to adjust to an increased water intake. If he started at the beginning of this week, he would of been better off keeping his water the same.

Update. Jeff made the middleweights again.

He used a sauna to lose about 4 pounds to make it. I'm not too crazy about that idea, but it was just about his only option to avoid a dangerous light heavyweights class.

Which means he most probably will win it, and then he has chance for the overall, insted of trying to win the light heavies, good move imo, needs more size to fight in the light heavies.

Which means he most probably will win it, and then he has chance for the overall, insted of trying to win the light heavies, good move imo, needs more size to fight in the light heavies.
I disagree. He would of won the light heavys last year pretty easily.

He's going for the overall, nothing else. So, I figure he might as well bring the best package possible to take home the overall rather than losing precious pounds at the last minute.

The good news for him, is he'll probably look like a beast next to the other middleweights giving him more exposure.

Last edited by a moderator: