• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Olympia Clash of the Titans: Heath vs Levrone

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
The eighth in our Olympia Clash of the Titans series features reigning Phil "The Gift" Heath and Kevin "The Maryland Muscle Machine" Levrone.

NAME: Phil Heath
HEIGHT: 5'9"
WEIGHT: 240 pounds
OLYMPIA HISTORY: 2008, 3rd

NAME: Kevin Levrone
HEIGHT: 5'9"
WEIGHT: 240 pounds
OLYMPIA HISTORY: 1992, 2nd; 1993, 5th; 1994, 3rd; 1995, 2nd; 1996, 3rd; 1997, 4th; 1998, 4th; 1999, 4th; 2000, 2nd; 2001, 3rd; 2002, 2nd; 2003, 6th

SCOUTING REPORT: HEATH
Although 2009 will mark only his second Olympia appearance, Heath has already established himself as one of the favorites. Like Levrone, Heath has almost no weak points. His formerly subpar back is now shaping up to be among the best in the world. His arms are arguably the best. His legs, calves included, are also near the top. While his chest leaves room for improvement and his clavicles aren't the widest, his lines make up the difference.

SCOUTING REPORT: LEVRONE

In survey after survey Kevin Levrone ranks at or near the top of the list when it comes to uncrowned Olympia winners. With four second place finishes, including in his Olympia debut, Levrone has established himself as an all-time great, regardless of the fact he never got to hold a Sandow aloft. There's very little to criticize about a primed Levrone physique. His delts and arms were astounding, his legs amazing, his torso fantastic. His back was a minor liability, but only because he had to compare it to those of Messrs Yates and Coleman so often.

FRONT VIEW:
Levrone is complete from head to toe. Although in later years his legs lagged a little, at his peak (which is what we're comparing) they were terrific. Heath's chest thins out a little in the front double biceps and looks a bit narrow in the most muscular, but he beats Levrone in conditioning and overall leg development.

SIDE VIEW:
Levrone is among the best of all time in the side shots. While Heath's chest results in a Levrone edge from the waist up, his crazy glute and hamstring separation give him a lower body advantage.

REAR VIEW:
Heath has an edge here, sporting a crisper, more detailed back and incredible glute/ham/calf density, although Levrone's width is an advantage for him.

THE VERDICT
Levrone and Heath present two of the finest physiques in IFBB history and are very evenly matched. Because Heath is required to reach a higher level of conditioning than Levrone he wins in that department hands down. All things being equal, however, this match is a virtual dead heat. Based on photos of Heath taken at this year's Jacksonville Pro our prediction is that he will surpass Levrone at this year's Olympia. In other words, this one is still open...

Last edited by a moderator:
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Just like i thought, Heath is compared to Kevin, tough decision though, i like them both.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Very comparable physiques...although I think Heath will eventually set a new standard!

The big king

The big king

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Gift will be unwrapped come Mr.O 2009!

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Phil will surpass kevin at this olympia, but who knows!? kevin might be back in '11 and beat heath :)

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^^:49:

kevin is awesome !!! and one of my favorite bodybuilders !!!

but Phil will surpass him for sure :thumbsup2:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I see them as equals.