• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

DEXTROSE

L

LSIA4549DB/RS

Good, bad, or useless?

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good during and post workout
bad any other time.....not as such because its bad but because there are better options

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Last edited by a moderator:
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What about when in diet mode? still use it in the morning?

L

LSIA4549DB/RS

Is it the most ideal post-workout carb of choice??

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What about when in diet mode? still use it in the morning?
Maybe 30-60 grams tops if you have a fast metabolism.

Personally, I wouldn't use it in the morning while dieting.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
recently Dextrose has been giving me the shits. Last couple of workouts i took it after it and on my way home had a terrible groan in my stomach. Raced home asap knowing i was going to drop my guts. I think the reason though is maybe because i had too much post-workout, I had like 80g normally i'd have 50g. I'll cut back to that and see how it goes. It's saved me ALOT of cash on post-workout supplementation and it does just as good if not better then the other post-workout products that company's sell.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
recently Dextrose has been giving me the shits. Last couple of workouts i took it after it and on my way home had a terrible groan in my stomach. Raced home asap knowing i was going to drop my guts. I think the reason though is maybe because i had too much post-workout, I had like 80g normally i'd have 50g. I'll cut back to that and see how it goes. It's saved me ALOT of cash on post-workout supplementation and it does just as good if not better then the other post-workout products that company's sell.
How does your body normally handle sugar?

You could try switching to maltodextrin, it's only slightly more expensive.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
How does your body normally handle sugar?

You could try switching to maltodextrin, it's only slightly more expensive.

My body does handle sugar fine normally but if the problem persists I'll definetly check out the maltodextrin. It doesn't digest as quick right? I mean dextrose is just pure glucose which is 100 on gi. Maybe it might just be too much for my body.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
i heard daryl gee make a comment on how he put on 25 lbs in a short period of time when he discovered creatine for the first time, he mentioned that back in the day it was chalk full of dextrose and he beleives thats one of the reason for his gains

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I do a combination of dextrose and maltodextrin postworkout and I love it.

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Flex pretty much owned this thread. Great advice all around in here.

I like Dextrose because like Flex said its so cheap and yet very effective. It really helps with bulking

Bhana

Bhana

Dextrose with Creatine is great! And super cheap too compared to creatine products mixed with other stuff. Correct me if I am wrong but I have read that Maltodextrin is a complexed carb?

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dextrose with Creatine is great! And super cheap too compared to creatine products mixed with other stuff. Correct me if I am wrong but I have read that Maltodextrin is a complexed carb?

Correct.

It acts very similar to glucose though.