• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Phil Heath- the hype?

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the hype with Phil Heath seemed to have died down after the pre-judging, do you think based on so many guys bring a newer and more improved package is causing this? I think Phil looks the same as he did last year, i think the lack of improvements is what will keep him out of the top 3.. opinions?

_H4X3139_TVOXDXKXFW-1.jpg

_H4X3147_XNHRQKSLJE-1.jpg

_H4X3170_KWUYFHPXKG-1.jpg

_H4X3178_YCIQJUJSBR-1.jpg

_H4X3189_OJPXRZEXLO-1.jpg

_H4X3203_HZAIVUABTV-1.jpg

in my opinion, i have Phil in second place after Jay.. judging just based on how everyone looked last night alone.. I think Dex is too small compared to Phil and in some poses Phil brings a freak factor.. some of his poses do not even look normal.. just like Kai Greene, i think these 2 guys bring a "freak" factor to the game.. very freaky muscles that are so rare its hard to judge..

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Phil heath +20 lbs of stage weight = Mr.Olympia many times over..

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I actually thought Phil was a tad less conditioned than last year, but his improvements in muscularity made up for that. Making him about even with last year.

Dexter improved, and Jay improved big time, so it's no surprise that he won't make the top 2.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I actually thought Phil was a tad less conditioned than last year, but his improvements in muscularity made up for that. Making him about even with last year.

Dexter improved, and Jay improved big time, so it's no surprise that he won't make the top 2.

how do you feel Dexter improved? looks the same to me.. in all honesty his changes over the years are so very small that it takes a trained eye to actually see them..

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think Phil is going to fall to 3rd.... I'll be honest, I was expecting bigger improvements with him based on the pictures leading in. He still looks amazing, but expectations are for him to keep making rapid improvements like he has in the last few years. Another year or so, and some more muscle (especially the back, hit those heavy deadlifts Phil!) and he'll be Mr. O.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
I think he improved, back double biceps shows that compared to his last year, and the way he hits the side chest this year is also an "improvement" imo, looks better!

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I think the problem is that people were expecting the same huge improvements that he made last year, and ended up getting more or less the same.

Phil is a tremendous bodybuilder but not a machine. he still has time.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
how do you feel Dexter improved? looks the same to me.. in all honesty his changes over the years are so very small that it takes a trained eye to actually see them..
He looked the same to me when he first walked out, but after losing some water by the end of the prejudging he seemed to be at his all time best.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP

seems like his gut grew more than the rest of him. Kai's gut is the same as ASC 09 but his muscles are much bigger

yair2210

yair2210

phil was better last year...
he was sharper and drier...

although i agree with natzo.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He looks great bit indeed a bit over hyped!

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think Phil's best was still at the 08 Ironman.. but maybe it was just the lighting.

FlexFan

FlexFan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Phil heath +20 lbs of stage weight = Distorted proportions....show me where he can put 20 lbs on his frame without sacrificing his shape and waistline, which is already falling outside of his trunks.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Phil heath +20 lbs of stage weight = Distorted proportions....show me where he can put 20 lbs on his frame without sacrificing his shape and waistline, which is already falling outside of his trunks.

ok maybe 20 is a bit too much.. but i feel he can still do some growing and not hurt his frame.. his belly is just a matter of his insulin use and carb intake.. if he can control that he will be fine..

FlexFan

FlexFan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Of course he can put some more real muscle on, but he doesn't need to go rushing for the rough mass and repeat the mistakes of Wolf and others...
Dexter gained maybe 10 pure lbs in 5 years, but kept consistant in his quality, which lead to the Olympia title...

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
phil doesnt look as good as kai guys he shouldnt be top 3.

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
phil heath should be in the top 2 !!!

he's bigger and better than dexter !!! nuff said.

msuman

msuman

He made improvements. He looks good front and back. Jay looks good front only. Dex is same as he's been the past few years. I still like Phil to win.