• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Heath admits to precontest issues - Video interview

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Although he made the first callout and is in the mix for a top three placing, many expected more out of Phil Heath at the 2009 Mr. Olympia. For the Friday night prejudging, he took the stage at 227 pounds, roughly the same weight as he was for the 2008 finals. By all accounts, Heath was on track to be 5-8 pounds heavier at this year's contest. In this interview, Heath and trainer Hany Rambod address what happened in the 24 hours leading up to the contest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
damn, hope he's better now !!

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
^ He was ON for the finals!

Cookie monster

Cookie monster

My sympathy goes out to Phil and he was ready to go for the finals, but the prejudging just completely screwed him over. Lets hope next year is a different story.

patdiddy

patdiddy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Man I really feel for Phil. He must have felt so terrible. Im sure he will rebound and make up for his placing next year. Best of luck Phil and dont hang your head low.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
He sure is disappointed on how the things turn out, esp considering that he took a full year off to improve, gunning at the title.

The improvements are there though, I hope he won't take another year off, and do the 2010 Arnold!!!!! He might win it.

Imagine the Arnold next year, with a lineup like this : Wolf, Dexter, Phil, Kai, Victor, Branch, Centopani ..and who knows who else will be there (would be great to see Jay again also) - an Arnold like this would be one of the best, if not the best ever imo.

patdiddy

patdiddy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ I wonder if Branch will take a year off to make a run at the title?

MarkoB

MarkoB

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn... just hope next year will be his year

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
^ I wonder if Branch will take a year off to make a run at the title?

Honestly I'd lol if I'll hear this from him, he's a great bb'er, but no way in hell, he will ever win the O lol.

patdiddy

patdiddy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Honestly I'd lol if I'll hear this from him, he's a great bb'er, but no way in hell, he will ever win the O lol.

Oh dont get me wrong I dont think he can win it either at this point but a whole year off might do him some good. He def has alot of people wanting to show him up after tonight..... I am very happy for Branch though.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
People got hyped up by his ''phase'' videos, thus they expected so much from him. Hope he does better next year.

msuman

msuman

My sympathy goes out to Phil and he was ready to go for the finals, but the prejudging just completely screwed him over. Lets hope next year is a different story.

It is sad, as most predicted him to be the winner before the show started. Next year, Phil!!!

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Phil looked exactly like a Mr. Olympia should look the night of the finals. It's so sad that he had those problems for prejudging because if he showed the same as yesterday he could have given everyone a run for their money. Not saying "he could have beaten jay for sure" but he was close enough.

Anyway next year will be a different story. I know since he won the NY pro that he's gonna be Mr O, and he will. Phil, if you read this, don't be ashamed, you did what you could, your fans aren't dissapointed and you've already shown in the finals that you have the best body in the business, so go ahead and get it next year.

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

Just another year to wait, GO PHIL!!!!YOU WILL TAKE THAT SANDOW!!! HEATH EM' UP!!!

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
His Saturday night showing lived up to the hype... best of luck to him next year.