• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Creator's Take/Experience and the O!

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So I had the chance to go down with some guys from bodybuilding.com for the Olympia and was fortunate enough to get top class seating to pre-judging, VIP for night show and VIP for a kick ass after party at XS. My thanks goes out to Jeremy Deluca for hooking it all up. For the pre-judging, i sat in the row in front of Jay's wife, which were very good seats to see the show. First competitor to come out was Branch and I know right when he walked out that this was the best Branch we have ever seen. I turned and told my friend that if he had a little better arms and slightly tighter back, he could walk away with the show. I had no idea how close I really was with that statement. The one thing that I have said in the other thread and that I will say again is that as soon as Cutler came out, we were looking at a man on a whole different level. I turned to Kerry after ten seconds and said, "Congrats! He just got the title back!" Gotta give it out to her for her devotion to her husband. She was a nervous wreck waiting for him to come out and she must have lost her voice screaming for him. No big arguments from me in concerns to the results. Victor needs more quad detail and needs to be more dry. Kai looked great but lacked that dry, grainy look and he should be shot for the way he holds his front relaxed. Heath looked good but again, just needed to be a little more conditioned and his muscle maturity is quite a ways behind dex and jay although I must say, I think his back improved even more and looked amazing. Love the guy's energy on stage. Dex Looked great but didnt stick out. Branch NAILED it but needs arms and a back that flows a little better. Jay exceeded his 2001 package. Awesome show and the after party at the XS was the best night of my life. Vegas kicked my ass but it was AWESOME!

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cool man, thanks for the input!

That's really awesome to hear that about Cutler's wife.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Is it fair to say that Dex just showed up?

Because looking at his posing routine it seemed like he walked on, walked off and barely got the crowd involved.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wasnt a huge fan of the energy that Dex brought on stage. He just seemed like he was very cocky and wasnt really passionate about what he was doing. Jay and Phil for example bring a tremendous amount of energy.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wasnt a huge fan of the energy that Dex brought on stage. He just seemed like he was very cocky and wasnt really passionate about what he was doing. Jay and Phil for example bring a tremendous amount of energy.
Agreed. I think it's safe to say Dex easily would of placed 2nd if he improved his presentation slightly.

(For anyone that doesn't know, Dex lost by only one point!)

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
thanks Creator for this insight. :thumbsup2:

Z

ZuFFuLuZ

Finally someone giving credit to Branch. ;)

@Flex: Where did you find the points? I've been searching for that but haven't found anything yet ...

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good to hear insight from someone actually at the show! Thanks dude