• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Kai Greene disappointed me

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not because he came in off, I realize that happens sometimes.

It's the fact that he appeared to "give up" at the finals. It looked as if he only did half of his posing routine, he spent more time walking around slowly than posing in the final posedown, his presentation was awful, and it looked as if he "let himself go" (holding far more water for the finals).

Many people probably don't realize this, but after prejudging Kai was only 8 points away from Jay Cutler, 3 points away from Dexter Jackson, and 3 points AHEAD of 2nd place finisher Branch Warren. (that would make him third place after prejudging) Not only that, but Kai almost let himself drop to 5th place...beating Phil Heath by only one point!

Kai is still my favorite bodybuilder, but he looked like a quitter Saturday night.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ya it did appear he let his competitive side go at the finals and just kinda took it all in on stage...he has a smile on his face but it was almost like he was lost in the magnitude of the show instead of focusing on performing. Like he did at prejudging

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It was his first Olympia. He will learn.

I think he could / should have come in much sharper. Remember before the Arnold he thought of pulling out because he was behind in his prep.

He should have learned from that. Maybe because of all the muscle he is adding (and food he is eating offseason), it is taking him longer to get in shape?

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
+1 on your post Flex.. im quite ashamed at the performance Kai put on, especially at the finals.. WTF was that?

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
+1 on your post Flex.. im quite ashamed at the performance Kai put on, especially at the finals.. WTF was that?
I have a theory that Kai is just one of those guy's that gives up when he knows he didn't bring his best package.

Lanois

Lanois

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have a theory that Kai is just one of those guy's that gives up when he knows he didn't bring his best package.

couldn't agree more, got the exact same feeling when kai stepped on stage at the finals. I was expecting him to have dropped the remaining water, but he was the same if not worse.

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
LOL at Cutler leading everyone around like sheep!

PS: I actually would place Kai 6th based on the clip

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
not sure if the comparison is up anywhere, but the first pic is Kai at the 2009 Arnold which he won, and the 2009 Mr.Olympia which he finished 4th..

_H4X2414_JSQJGDLCKH-1.jpg

_H4X2761_XRWXPBPBCM-1.jpg

_H4X2425_ATEWZHOQKH-1.jpg

_H4X2773_ISUSRQRWJI-1.jpg

_H4X2432_TNJFAXPHVB-1.jpg

_H4X2780_ICKCINZBIE-1.jpg

_H4X2441_SSPSNEMMHT-1.jpg

_H4X2781_LOFVHRXESE-1.jpg

_H4X2449_CJCTXYNQHV-1.jpg

_H4X2782_MDFVRIVAVA-1.jpg

_H4X2458_FNWVCUIUFC-1.jpg

_H4X2788_IPPABGNIQX-1.jpg

_H4X2477_TFWFCRRCSR-1.jpg

_H4X2807_MSWNBUTXEF-1.jpg

in my honest opinion, i think Kai actually improved in the fact that he seems a bit more complete, it seems that he has added a few pounds of muscle, but from these pics alone it seems everyone was right, his conditioning and sharpness was just not there.. overall, im more disappointed in the way he conducted himself a this years O and also the half ass poor performance he put on in the finals.. thats not the Kai we know..

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
look at the huge lump on his upper glute from the Mr.O pics..

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He was so much fuller at the Arnold.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

If this theory is true then Kai wont last long in this sport, and will also loose lots of fans.. not good for him.. unless he brings his best and wins each and every time.. it was his first Mr.O he should be happy to crack the top 6.. only the elite can do that..

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I predict Kai to go the way of Gustavo and DJ: tremendous success at first, and a long, sad slide into a "could've been."

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ nah, he has something that DJ and GUS lack, an olympia physique. He will do the arnold and win again, and then come back next year even better. Not size wise but condition wise and fixin his weaknesses, its his first olympia guys, he will be just fine.

H

hook3

you cant deny kais legs man they are insane

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Kai ripped is a guaranteed top 3... I was like "WHT THE FUCK?!" when kais routine was over and my friend who i was watching it with and has never seen a pro contest said " did he just end it ? it seems like it was going to be longer" ... I have a theory that kai was high as a kite, if u look at his face during the finals he is just smiling witha stoner smile and looking around at the stage and smiling and looking around some more.

kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It looked like he was losing confidence in the Finals. In the pose down, he wasn't as energetic as Phil, Jay, and Dex. He needs to bring more energy, it can make a pretty big difference and make the fans notice you more. Man, I was very disappointed with his routine.
But it was his first Olympia so a lot of things must have been going through his mind. I take it he will much better next time.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yea idk what happen.
he does look more improved, but his conditioning and fullness wasnt quite there.

and i believe he will be a future Mr O