• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

202 Class??

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Although I feel its a very good class and a step in the right direction, these smaller guys just don't have the muscle mass to bang out with the top guys in bodybuilding, but the thing i dont get is the damn price money??? the winner got 8 grand? are you kidding?? whats the point of competing if this is the reward? like i said, i like the idea of this class, but i feel the price money is just stupid.. what did 5th place get? 1 grand? like come on? the last few day so prep costs more then that.. thoughts and ideas?

should this class continue? is it good for bodybuilding?

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I like the 202 class, but was that really the prize money? That's ridiculous.

That's probably why Kevin English is going to switch to the open.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ya pretty retarded earnings compared to the open...

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I like the 202 class, but was that really the prize money? That's ridiculous.

That's probably why Kevin English is going to switch to the open.

yes I believe that's exactly what it was, lets say Kevin English did the open and got 10th, his reward would have been something like 15 grand? i can remember correctly but for even competing in the O you get something like 5k? im trying to find the exact prize money but i cant.. if you find it can you post it please.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have a strong feeling it was higher than 8K. I know it's not very high compared to the open, but that sounds too low.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have a strong feeling it was higher than 8K. I know it's not very high compared to the open, but that sounds too low.

I just did a search and someone on rx posted that it was 10k.. but still, 10k to beat the best in the world under 202 in the biggest contest of the year.. I dont think they should have taken away and price money from the Mr.O because their prices are fully deserved.. i think bbing in general is just a shitty career unless you are the Top 3 in the world and have big contracts with supplement companies.. does anyone know how the contracts for someone like muscletech works for someone like Dexter Jackson as opposed to someone lower in rank like johnny jackson or fouad abiad.. anyone know?

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I read that muscle tech matches the contest earnings if you win....so Jay just made a cool 400k from the O. That's just a bonus! god knows how much they pay him normal salary

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I just did a search and someone on rx posted that it was 10k.. but still, 10k to beat the best in the world under 202 in the biggest contest of the year.. I dont think they should have taken away and price money from the Mr.O because their prices are fully deserved.. i think bbing in general is just a shitty career unless you are the Top 3 in the world and have big contracts with supplement companies.. does anyone know how the contracts for someone like muscletech works for someone like Dexter Jackson as opposed to someone lower in rank like johnny jackson or fouad abiad.. anyone know?

It's gotta be enough to make payments

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just more money. :dunnodude:

They all get their transportation & contest fees paid for, they all get basically as many supplements as they need. The difference comes down to money.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I also read somewhere that it was $10,000. Still way too low.

Maybe in a couple years the prize money will go up.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

Well they get free clothing from MT, see under armor, nike, and that kind of sport clothes all free, plus supplements and the money which depends on their ranking in the sport, but well I wouldn't dislike being Fouad I mean you still get payed to be a BBer and get economical support which ain't that bad.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is just the second year they have done the 202 class, it was already hard to increase the winnings for all other competitors, like after 5th place in the open and the ms. Olympia and such, we can not expect for a new division to come in and immediately start getting the big bucks, we have to take in consideration there are other areas that have existed longer that also need to increase the monetary earnings, besides 10k is the earnings of a small show, and they have now just started posing on the main stage. The 202 class gives small bodybuilders to become known, which IMO is more important then cash right now, mostly because some of these guys wouldn't even get a thread here if it wasn't for the 202. Slowly but surely the earnings will increase, but you just cant compare a new show like the 202 to the mr. olympia open, they started in 1965.

ddragaon

ddragaon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is just the second year they have done the 202 class, it was already hard to increase the winnings for all other competitors, like after 5th place in the open and the ms. Olympia and such, we can not expect for a new division to come in and immediately start getting the big bucks, we have to take in consideration there are other areas that have existed longer that also need to increase the monetary earnings, besides 10k is the earnings of a small show, and they have now just started posing on the main stage. The 202 class gives small bodybuilders to become known, which IMO is more important then cash right now, mostly because some of these guys wouldn't even get a thread here if it wasn't for the 202. Slowly but surely the earnings will increase, but you just cant compare a new show like the 202 to the mr. olympia open, they started in 1965.

agreed:thumbsup2:

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I cant really get excited by guys competing who are the same height as me when I was about 11 or 12.
It must be a tough sell marketing wise to promote short dudes bodybuilding. The average joe just wants to see big freaky mofos.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I cant really get excited by guys competing who are the same height as me when I was about 11 or 12.
It must be a tough sell marketing wise to promote short dudes bodybuilding. The average joe just wants to see big freaky mofos.

wow you were one fat kid..

this is bodybuilding, i don't think fat % is included :)

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
see the bright side winners of major contests here in Portugal make 300$ more or less.. so...

sometimes that doesn't cover the travel costs..

it's all love for the sport.