• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

IF Toney Freeman..........

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
did not have a pec tear and brought his A game, being full and ripped (he missed the mark this year by about 10% or so).. i think he would be a top 3 Mr.Olympia competitor and quite possibly a chance at being Mr.O.. i honestly think that pec tear really puts his physique out of balance.. but his size, symmetry and lines.. i think they are one of the best in bbing history..

does anyone know who he worked with for his prep this year? I don't think he worked with Palumbo..?

_H4X3053_DYYEUYPMIS-1.jpg

_H4X3077_YNZGFQQYBA-1.jpg

_H4X4812-1.jpg

hes 43 yrs old for crying out loud.. that nuts..

Last edited by a moderator:
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I dont think he hast the back to be in the top 3, all the guys that placed in the top 5 have far superior back then he does, plus he looks thin in the side poses next the guys like greene, branch and cutler. Top 5, yes, top 3...maybe, some people would have to be off, winner, no way.

Side note: His pec tear is less noticable then before IMO

FlexFan

FlexFan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I don't think Branch has better back...Toney was just off...

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i did not say branch has a superior back, only that he looks better in side poses.

H

hook3

i agree freeman's back cant hold up

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
may bad, my english isnt top notch, but you understand me now.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's true Serb, but he was 5th last year :dunnodude:

He certainly has top 3 potential. He needs to fill out his frame a bit more though.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Honestly I think it's his glutes that really hold him up. That and a slightly undeveloped midsection compared to some of the others. If you look at top 3 this year, they all had shredded glutes and while toneys are separated, they never really look that conditioned.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
He didn't worked with Palumbo like he did last year, from a thread over RXm, Dave himself said that they were still "collaborating", but Toney "adjusted" the diet a bit, probably added some carbs don't know..

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i think the ketosis diet is a joke.. hardly ever seen anyone come in full when they use that diet.. im not a fan whatsoever.

msuman

msuman

Toney will never be able to win the big shows. He fades in the lineups. Nothing stands out on him.

curtisymoo

curtisymoo

weak in side shots and ive yet to see him come in completely on
could use 20 -25 lbs of mass in the right places as well

N

new man

toney haVE A PROBLEM WITH KEEPING HIS BODY N GREAT SHAPE I THINK THAT EVEN WHEN HE IS OVER 40 HE DIDNT UNDERSTAND HIS BODY YET HE CAME FULL IN A CONTEST THE NXT 1 HE COME OFF Y HE ALWAYS HAVE UPS AND DOWN

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think he had his best chance in 2007. I think unfortunately he is getting too old and I cant see him moving up any higher in the Olympia.
I agree with the mid-section remark to. While he has a great small waist, it doesnt seem as detailed as some of the other guys.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree with the pec tear being a blight on his physique, I've said so before. He has great lines and it is a pitty.

But that is a long list of "shoulda-woulda-coulda". He doesn't come in at his best, he does have a couple of areas he hasn't really improved, and add his pec tear on top of that........