• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Ultimate fighter- Kimbo fights!!

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
starts in about an hour, im pumped to see Kimbo kick that fat boys ass tonight.. i seen previews that Kimbo looks jacked to the 9! anyone going to watch this? do you see a possibility of Kimbo loosing his first fight?

smcfay

smcfay

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thats for the heads up. got it on my DVR now

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sorry the replay is on now.. the new series starts in 12 mins.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
that was completely crap.. the fat ass just sat on him and punched him like a little girl.. anybody could win a fight if you just sit on someone and dont let them breath.. that was retarded.. that fat ass actually felt like he performed well.. what a joke of a fight.. i hope Kimbo comes back with vengeance next time around.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
that was completely crap.. the fat ass just sat on him and punched him like a little girl.. anybody could win a fight if you just sit on someone and dont let them breath.. that was retarded.. that fat ass actually felt like he performed well.. what a joke of a fight.. i hope Kimbo comes back with vengeance next time around.
Roy Nelson dominated him.

mount....crucifix...ground'n'pound

smcfay

smcfay

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
kimbo= 230lbs
roy= 264lbs

WTF? thats how he won after he sat on him. But kimbo really needs to step that ground defense up though. I thought he would win this one but i guess the fat guy sung?

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nelson is a clown, but he won the fight legit (though his punches weren't doing any damage, the rule is if the fighter isn't defending themselves, you stop it).

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
all this hype over kimbo, i was ready to bet he was gonna lose

F

Freakzilla

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That fat ass just sat on him. And I'm sorry that wasn't ground and pound. My two year old hits me harder than that.

Freak:shakefist:

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That fat ass just sat on him. And I'm sorry that wasn't ground and pound. My two year old hits me harder than that.

Freak:shakefist:

agreed.

i think Kimbo will learn from this and hopefully come back strong..

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I respect all fighters, but I do not necessarily consider that a ground and pound. I think this is a great example of a ground and pound.

Last edited by a moderator:
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Big country won, plain and simple, work on ground game kimbo

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
I'm guessing not too many of you watch fighting.

Roy Nelson is a well known fighter with well rounded skills. Even if he was the same weight as Kimbo, he would have still won. Nelson passed the guard with such ease, it was clear that Kimbo had no idea what to do.

Size had nothing to do with it.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
btw for those who don't already know, Kimbo is under contract with the UFC and will be fighting on the Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale. (at the end of the show in December)

Dana is being pretty hypocritical.

smcfay

smcfay

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ yeah it was kind of political at the end of the fight you could tell dana didnt like the win and wanted to boost kimbo's reputation.

Oh and a 30lb difference? thats huge!! in fighting...look at that mayweather vs marques fight just that 2lb difference made mayweather look more powerful and huge, even though he has more skills you could see the advantage.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
^^ yeah it was kind of political at the end of the fight you could tell dana didnt like the win and wanted to boost kimbo's reputation.

Oh and a 30lb difference? thats huge!! in fighting...look at that mayweather vs marques fight just that 2lb difference made mayweather look more powerful and huge, even though he has more skills you could see the advantage.
boxing is different. and I believe Mayweathers last opponent was a naturally smaller fighter, but he moved up weight classes specifically for that fight.

Randy Couture and Antonio Nogueira are two examples of smaller heavyweights who are routinely outweighed in fights, yet that still do very well.

Look at the Couture/Sylvia title fight. Couture was outweighed by at least 35lbs and 7 inches, yet he took Sylvia down with ease and dominated him for 5 complete rounds.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tech is right, Roy was the superior fighter and won the fight fair and square,but i'm not sure if I'd completely dismiss the weight advantage though. I know from wrestling that 30 lbs is a big difference and if Roy was the same weight, Kimbo might have been able to get up from the ground. But, doesn't really matter, Roy would have found some other way to win the fight on the ground, or by points, even if that happened.

It's pretty silly to complain about Roy's weight, because he fits in the weight for the class. It's like what Lesnar did to Heath Herring, when he used his size and weight to keep him pinned. Exciting and entertaining? No, but it won.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ahah Henderson pwned

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Roy is the former IFL champ....he has more experience and is clearly a better fighter on the ground...Kimbo has impressed me though with his attitude etc on the show. He can only get better.

BTW rumor has it Kimbo gets a second fight on the show against Schaub. If nothing else he brings excitement to the show, this season is the first time since season 1 that I've actually watched a full episode.