• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

My favorite parts of the Olympia...

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My favorite part of the Olympia was from 0:01 until 0:20 in this video...

Something about watching Kai train gets me pumped to train. I'm looking forward to his first DVD, which will be the only bodybuilding DVD other than "One Step Closer" I've ever bought. It's too bad there aren't more videos of Kai put together on Youtube, Coleman has millions.

2nd favorite part of the Olympia was Jay Cutler's reaction to Branch making the final two. :49:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i like watching kai train too. hes got that focus and attitude and offc strenght that branch has. only without the crappy form and miniscule ROM.

J

johnnytrava

what is the name of that song ? I mean the song in first 20 seconds of that video ?

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
His routine was great. I would love to see him making a DVD.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
You should tell Turk to pose like kai, if he sais he doesnt like how kai poses, just tell him " lets go in front of the mirror and make some posing improvments"

Hey flex, where can i see the pics on your sig?

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
This one motivates the fuck out of me. one of my favorite MJ songs and a badass routine by Kai

yair2210

yair2210

wow that was a strong posing.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I just don't get it. Everyone raves about Kai's posing and I just don't think it is that good. Refreshingly different, yes, but amazingly good, no.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I just don't get it. Everyone raves about Kai's posing and I just don't think it is that good. Refreshingly different, yes, but amazingly good, no.

Not liking his posing is like not liking Pablo Picasso's abstract art. The people who understand the depth of Picasso's art, love it... the people who dont understand Picasso's art; hate it, think its ugly, or just dont get it (which is completely understandable).

Im not a fan of Tricky's posing, its just poplocking with a bit of variation and poses in between. Melvin Anthony's posing is R&B, a bit of poplocking and breackdancing with poses in between. I dont like it because i dont feel it, i dont feel the music, mind, muscle, and movement are meshing.

What i like about Kai's posing is that he Meshes everything together and creates something unique and his transitions are so powerful and smooth at the same time that it lends itself well to the type of music he poses to. If I imagine myself posing how he poses to the power and/or frustration of the music can create a powerful feeling and the transitions from pose to pose are powerful and fluid. People say that he isnt hitting poses but if really pay attenting, he is CREATING his own poses that nobody else does and he is looking badass while he is doing them. Like dorian yates made the pose (where u put ure bicep down, out to your sides with the same leg out to your side and your opposite arm flext in front of your torso) popular, Kai has created or atleast one of the first to put them onstage, people may emulate some of those poses like they emulate dorians pose. He doesnt just breakdance and hit basic shots in between. Thank god its not like the uncreative bodybuilders who think finals is the same as the prejudging in terms of mandatory poses

Its understandable why some people dont like it though.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not liking his posing is like not liking Pablo Picasso's abstract art. The people who understand the depth of Picasso's art, love it... the people who dont understand Picasso's art; hate it, think its ugly, or just dont get it (which is completely understandable).

Im not a fan of Tricky's posing, its just poplocking with a bit of variation and poses in between. Melvin Anthony's posing is R&B, a bit of poplocking and breackdancing with poses in between. I dont like it because i dont feel it, i dont feel the music, mind, muscle, and movement are meshing.

What i like about Kai's posing is that he Meshes everything together and creates something unique and his transitions are so powerful and smooth at the same time that it lends itself well to the type of music he poses to. If I imagine myself posing how he poses to the power and/or frustration of the music can create a powerful feeling and the transitions from pose to pose are powerful and fluid. People say that he isnt hitting poses but if really pay attenting, he is CREATING his own poses that nobody else does and he is looking badass while he is doing them. Like dorian yates made the pose (where u put ure bicep down, out to your sides with the same leg out to your side and your opposite arm flext in front of your torso) popular, Kai has created or atleast one of the first to put them onstage, people may emulate some of those poses like they emulate dorians pose. He doesnt just breakdance and hit basic shots in between. Thank god its not like the uncreative bodybuilders who think finals is the same as the prejudging in terms of mandatory poses

Its understandable why some people dont like it though.

Whatever you reckon. I'm sure it really is art and that the faeces that monkeys throw at walls are also masterpieces. Saying that I don't understand or appreciate it as fully as you is condescending, arrogant and rude. :31_whip:

I'll sum up what is wrong with it by paraphrasing what Arnie said about whom he considered the best poser: Ed Corney put as much effort into the transitions between poses as he did into the actual poses themselves. How they looked, how they showed the physique and how they flowed together to show him at his best.

Don't get me wrong, Kai does an ok job at this, but not at the "OMG!!!" status that everyone raves about.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Whatever you reckon. I'm sure it really is art and that the faeces that monkeys throw at walls are also masterpieces. Saying that I don't understand or appreciate it as fully as you is condescending, arrogant and rude. :31_whip:

I'll sum up what is wrong with it by paraphrasing what Arnie said about whom he considered the best poser: Ed Corney put as much effort into the transitions between poses as he did into the actual poses themselves. How they looked, how they showed the physique and how they flowed together to show him at his best.

Don't get me wrong, Kai does an ok job at this, but not at the "OMG!!!" status that everyone raves about.

How is it condescending if i say u cant appreciate Kai's posing when you really cant appreciate it, if you appreciated it then u wouldnt critique it so often.

LMAO yeah, that was before Anie said Kai Greene is the greatest poser OF ALL TIME :bullwhip:

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've become a big Kai fan, but I'm not crazy about his posing routines either. I think it's very impressive that he can do some of the things he does, but I just prefer mandatories so I can see how good he looks. It doesn't surprise me that you're a big fan dilated, considering you're an artsy person. I never was much into art, even though I was always a decent drawer.

Rather, what I like about Kai is his dedication, his coach (Arden), his training, and I like the way he hits most mandatories.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP

Definition of appreciate.
1 a : to grasp the nature, worth, quality, or significance of <appreciate the difference between right and wrong> b : to value or admire highly <appreciates our work> c : to judge with heightened perception or understanding : be fully aware of <must see it to appreciate it> d : to recognize with gratitude <certainly appreciates your kindness>

I didnt mean to be rude. But i you dont like something that a lot of people are impressed by, then you cannot appreciate what they are currently appreciating, which is probably why u dont like it.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How is it condescending if i say u cant appreciate Kai's posing when you really cant appreciate it, if you appreciated it then u wouldnt critique it so often.

LMAO yeah, that was before Anie said Kai Greene is the greatest poser OF ALL TIME :bullwhip:

Condescending is when you patronisingly pretend that your opinion is superior. You superciliously implied that using the art analogy. The reason this is incorrect is that you are implying that I don't appreciate his posing. This is incorrect. I don't see why people rave about it. These are two completely different positions to take, something you were quick to foist upon me in order to ridicule my statement whilst not even understanding it.

When you are willing to actually discuss what I am talking about feel free to reply. Otherwise I'd appreciate less snide remarks.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Definition of appreciate.
1 a : to grasp the nature, worth, quality, or significance of <appreciate the difference between right and wrong> b : to value or admire highly <appreciates our work> c : to judge with heightened perception or understanding : be fully aware of <must see it to appreciate it> d : to recognize with gratitude <certainly appreciates your kindness>

I didnt mean to be rude. But i you dont like something that a lot of people are impressed by, then you cannot appreciate what they are currently appreciating, which is probably why u dont like it.

Oh no it isn't rude at all to cut and paste dictionary definitions as a reply when it is you that has failed to comprehend something in the first place. :bitelip:

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Timmy always so angry!

:food-snacking:

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I know, i wish he would stop bullying me :( lol

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Timmy always so angry!

:food-snacking:

:bball:

Seriously though: Why do people rave about his posing?

It doesn't display his physique as well as he could. The handstand thing does little for him except to display a level of athleticism, as does "the worm", etc. There are a few transition poses that actually make his physique down-right ugly. The key offender I have in mind is a straight arm back shot were he has his lower back rounded for some reason. It makes him look like he has a really short torso, no lower back and as though he is bending over to moon the audience a bit. Standing up straighter would give his physique more flow and highlight the difference in his waist and lat size from the back.

dilatedmuscle said:
I know, i wish he would stop bullying me lol
So I'm meant to like your snide remarks to my posts??

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
:bball:

Seriously though: Why do people rave about his posing?

It doesn't display his physique as well as he could. The handstand thing does little for him except to display a level of athleticism, as does "the worm", etc. There are a few transition poses that actually make his physique down-right ugly. The key offender I have in mind is a straight arm back shot were he has his lower back rounded for some reason. It makes him look like he has a really short torso, no lower back and as though he is bending over to moon the audience a bit. Standing up straighter would give his physique more flow and highlight the difference in his waist and lat size from the back.

So I'm meant to like your snide remarks to my posts??

lol I actually rarely try to be rude. i think u just see it as being rude. When i said u cant a appreciate it its not to offend you. I know there are tons of things i cannot appreciate that a ton of people love, like killing zombies (totally overrated)

well if u dont like it, dont get so worked up about it. we still like it. he displayes his physique better in the finals then in prejudging. and kai does have a short torso from the back.

LOL at this MD pic

_H4X4582_WSVYKKEQQU-1.jpg