• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Hatfield Squats

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Anybody have a bar like this at their gym? I think it's called a safety bar.

I've seen Branch Warren and Steve Kuclo do these in the past and I'd be interested in doing them.

Hatfield squats are named after Dr. Squat.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Never heard of it before, but looks awesome

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've heard of these. Rusty Jeffers does them as well. Apparently it's very safe to use and it's very comfortable too. I don't have one at my gym though.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i would love to do those, hurts my shoulders a bit to hold the bar for squats

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
I'd try it for sure if my gym would've had it..

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yea my gym has one, i go to an old powerlifting gym. Flex, my advice, stick with regular squats unless your injured in some way and cant do them.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ elaborate pls

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You take a lot of the stress of balancing the weight off your legs by placing your hands out in front of you. It makes the lift significantly easier IMO. Like i said if you have an injury of some sort and are just getting back into lifting these are a good idea. Like branch said a good idea if you want to finish off with them.

Cork

Cork

"drop below parallel."... Not a single one of his reps broke the bottom. But yes that's a safety bar.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Anybody have a bar like this at their gym? I think it's called a safety bar.

I've seen Branch Warren and Steve Kuclo do these in the past and I'd be interested in doing them.

Hatfield squats are named after Dr. Squat.

I think most people call them safety bar squats. The only reason I can think of that they would have been called Hatfield squats is he may have some up with the idea for the bar itself.

Below parallel
ejg3yx-1.gif
Those reps he demonstrated battled to hit parallel, so parallel to what exactly??

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We have a bar like that in our gym, so I've done those. They are cool. We also have this other bar, which I think is called cambered bar, that's kinda cool also. If you guys ever get a chance to try, you should.

curtisymoo

curtisymoo

i think there's a guy in my gym who has a metal frame with hooks that cling to the bar.

i cant explain it because i've never seen anything like it before.

everything is the same except the guy at my gym holds the two bars sticking out in front

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
they look cool. that dave tate video was kinda meh, i dont like seeing people sitting down, it takes away all the weight as soon as u touch it stool/bench

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
they look cool. that dave tate video was kinda meh, i dont like seeing people sitting down, it takes away all the weight as soon as u touch it stool/bench

You have so little idea of what you are talking about. Please go and read about box squatting.

Milligan41088

Milligan41088

i would like to try them sometime but my gym doesnt have one

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You have so little idea of what you are talking about. Please go and read about box squatting.
Tim, do you think my gym would be willing to get one of these bars if I requested it...

:bitelip:

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP

I guess its to build explossive strength... i still dont care for it. I guess im not into powerlifting unless a bodybuilder does it

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
The bar is called a safety squat bar, but is also known as a "yoke bar" or a "spider bar" I believe. It is used for a few reasons:
1. Shoulder injury.
2. Relieving stress upon the shoulder joint when doing either heavy high volume squats or lots of sets of near max squats.
3. To offer a different load placement.

I personally would kill for one of these bars as my shoulder cops a lot of aggravation from squats due to most of my working sets being 90%+.

I guess its to build explossive strength... i still dont care for it. I guess im not into powerlifting unless a bodybuilder does it

And you still have no fucking idea what you're talking about...

Want ham and glute development + squatting and deadlifting strength? Box squat bitch!

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
The bar is called a safety squat bar, but is also known as a "yoke bar" or a "spider bar" I believe. It is used for a few reasons:
1. Shoulder injury.
2. Relieving stress upon the shoulder joint when doing either heavy high volume squats or lots of sets of near max squats.
3. To offer a different load placement.

I personally would kill for one of these bars as my shoulder cops a lot of aggravation from squats due to most of my working sets being 90%+.

And you still have no fucking idea what you're talking about...

Want ham and glute development + squatting and deadlifting strength? Box squat bitch!

Ok, im a bitch because i dont do box squats :doh: Im not naturally strong but i dont complain about squatting or deadlifting and they are relativelty decent lifts for my strength level.