• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Get to know your Cork!

Cork

Cork

Hey gents. I really enjoy reading up on the forum and I am always shy to post because there is a huge wealth of knowledge here, and I'd hate to say something stupid. Because of that temerity, you guys don't know me at all, or where I'm coming from with regards to bodybuilding.

So here I'd just like to get you all up to speed with my journey through iron.

It all started in 2008 when I decided I was tired of being fat and out of shape. It was my New Years Resolution to compete (how cliche, eh?), but who knew that it was a decision that would change my life. I am a natural competitor, and I'm loving it. I haven't had great showings (especially my first), but I've been flying mostly solo and have had to learn everything the hard way. My very first show was November 08, the USBF Baltimore Natural. I had plenty of time to bulk, then cut and get ready for my grand debut.
#1 and #2- The start January 5, 2008.
#3 and #4- I thought I figured out how to bulk. Apparently I just learned how to get fat. The end of my bulk, I knew I'd need a lot of cut time. June 22, 2008.
#5 and #6- Here I am 1 week away from show time. Obviously nothing to be proud of, but dammit, I did everything I could.
#7- The Baltimore Natural, I have a ton of blurry pics, but here I am the night before.

*edit- it would seem I can only upload 3 pics at a time? Forgive the extra posts.

Attachments

• 100_1124.jpg
    100_1124.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 100_1131.jpg
    100_1131.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 2008-6-22 008.JPG
    2008-6-22 008.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 53
Cork

Cork

#4-6

Attachments

• 2008-6-22 011.JPG
    2008-6-22 011.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 100_1471.JPG
    100_1471.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 100_1478.JPG
    100_1478.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 50
Cork

Cork

Here I am the night before the Balt Natural.

Attachments

• 100_1498.JPG
    100_1498.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 83
Cork

Cork

So let's skip ahead all the way to June of 09. I competed back to back in the OCB Eastern Seaboard states and the USBF Battle for York. Still flying mostly solo with contest prep, but I did much better this time around with it. I actually had a 6-pack, :doh:.

OCB Eastern Seaboards

Attachments

• DSC01467.JPG
    DSC01467.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC01456.JPG
    DSC01456.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC01454.JPG
    DSC01454.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 66
Cork

Cork

Battle for York

Attachments

• DSC01568.JPG
    DSC01568.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC01570.JPG
    DSC01570.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC01575.JPG
    DSC01575.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 49
Cork

Cork

So now, I'm putting up one hell of a bulk.

My June comps I weighed in at 170. Right now I'm 201.5lbs, still natural, and only a few BF%s away from full fledged abs. I've recently started messing around with strongman. It's awesome and I am having so much fun with it. Here I am doing some fun stuff. 250lb atlas stone, sure why not?!

My next goal for competition is 180lbs and much lower BF%. I think I can do it. I plan on competing in the OCB again in June, I might do a show before that in the spring time, we'll see how I feel.

So that's me now. I'm always open to criticisms though I know all my weaknesses (everything). I look forward to sharing my accomplishments in the future with you guys.

Attachments

• IMG_0049.JPG
    IMG_0049.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0050.JPG
    IMG_0050.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 154
Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Best of luck with your bulking and dont be afraid to be too noisey and say stupid things, we have a guy called adam and believe me you will never say something more stupid than he does, oh...from now on your name will be "cock" sounds more "mecca".. :gaygay:

kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Best of luck with your bulking and dont be afraid to be too noisey and say stupid things, we have a guy called adam and believe me you will never say something more stupid than he does, oh...from now on your name will be "cock" sounds more "mecca".. :gaygay:
LOLOL!:rofl3::rofl3:

Anyways, what's up Cork? I remember hearing about you doing a competition but I completely forgot, sorry.
You have come a very long way, I can tell you that. You've put in a lot of hard work and it's showing. It must be very hard doing everything solo without any legitimate help. Lots of respect for stepping on stage and going through the hardships of pre-contest dieting and whatnot. Not many people can do that, including myself. :bitelip:
Well, good to hear from you and glad you're doing well. Keep working hard, bro and never give up.
And hey, don't worry, I feel shy as well because of the level of knowledge several members here present.

Oh, and I am no longer posting at BBD. Fed up with the stupidity of some of the members there that it's just not worth posting there anymore. That argument I got into was ridiculous and wasn't going anywhere and their comprehensions skills are horrible.
Not like it used to be back in the day.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Oh, and I am no longer posting at BBD. Fed up with the stupidity of some of the members there that it's just not worth posting there anymore. That argument I got into was ridiculous and wasn't going anywhere and their comprehensions skills are horrible.
Not like it used to be back in the day.

Give this man a BEER!!! :thumbsup2:

Cork

Cork

Thank's Rob, I feel like a true Mecca member now with a new name.

Kuni, for a second... I was thinking "Who is this guy?"

And Tim, let him turn 18 first at least before we get some beer in him.

As far as the BBD is concerned, I try and help out and do what I can. But it's filled with too many amateurs. The common thread is "How do I make my biceps bigger?" I'm the smart ass type where all I want to say is "SQUAT!" But they don't like that.

The problem is that not enough guys over there are actively reading research articles, or reading books on nutrition, etc.., they just glean all their info off of the few members who do actually do those things.

Not to toot my own horn but I'm probably one of the most underrated members over there. I should have been made VIP a long time ago, but they like to make me the scapegoat instead.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow that an impressive change from the first show to the next, looks like you started to understand how this bodybuilding thing works:thumbsup2:
Nice work on that atlas stone :bitenails:

Just keep on lifting heavy bro
ps how old are you man?

Cork

Cork

Yeah, Rage, I'm learning more every time I do it.

I'm 25 years old.

kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Kuni, for a second... I was thinking "Who is this guy?"

And Tim, let him turn 18 first at least before we get some beer in him.
Hahah. I'm actually 18 now as of a few months ago :gaysign:, still not of legal drinking age, though, lol.

As far as the BBD is concerned, I try and help out and do what I can. But it's filled with too many amateurs. The common thread is "How do I make my biceps bigger?" I'm the smart ass type where all I want to say is "SQUAT!" But they don't like that.

The problem is that not enough guys over there are actively reading research articles, or reading books on nutrition, etc.., they just glean all their info off of the few members who do actually do those things.

Not to toot my own horn but I'm probably one of the most underrated members over there. I should have been made VIP a long time ago, but they like to make me the scapegoat instead.
Exactly, completely agree with you. They have too much dependence on the guys that actually do research and read books and etc. and don't do any them self.
Yeah, I definitely thought you should have been made a VIP. Probably cause the fact that you didn't post useless spam 25 times a day. I felt pretty underrated, too, but I never really cared for being a VIP anyway.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
awesome transformation! you look great

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Great transformation there. Good luck with you future goals. :thumbsup2: