• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

VITAMINS

P

proteinguysx

Hello,

2 Questions and please dont answer if you believe my questions are stupid:

1. What kind of vitamins are relevant to increase muscle?

2. When should I eat the vitamin , before in the middle or after my meals????

thanksssssssssss

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
1)all vitamins are important to help you build muscle !!!
try a multivitamin like GNC MEGA MEN
2)after your meals is the best time to take it :thumbsup2:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
GNC vitamins have been shown to have very poor absorption along with Centrum and One-A-Day. I use dotfit multivitamin which has been studied and shown to have a much better absorption percentage due to an advanced delivery system. Watch the video on the left to find out more about the kind of multivitamin that you want to chose. Very educational. Always take with meal. In the perfect world, you can get all your vitamins and minerals through diet alone but when we are realistic with ourselves and realize that we don't eat perfect, a multivitamin is a sensible addition.

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I use dotfit multivitamin which has been studied and shown to have a much better absorption percentage due to an advanced delivery system.

this multivitamin is looking good !!!

i'm going to give it a try :thumbsup2:

Z

ZuFFuLuZ

I study medicine at medical university of vienna (austria) and one of my professors said "lick an apple a day and you have enough vitamins".
That's of course VERY exaggerated, but it shows that you really don't have to worry about vitamins as much as most people do. As long as you are healthy and your nutrition is not complete crap you will probably never have any problems with vitamins.
On the contrary it's easy to get too many vitamins (hypervitaminosis) by taking supplements like those stated above, which will then possibly lead to serious health problems. For example, high dosages of vitamin C can result in kidney stones made of calcium oxalate. (the most common type of kidney stone by the way)
So I would definately not take or recommend a product that contains 750% vitamin C (daily value) or the like ...

Please notice that I am only talking about vitamins here. Minerals are a completely different story! It is a lot easier to not get enough of them by normal nutrition and taking too much is a lot harder also.
Finally i would advise everyone to go to a doctor and let him check if it's really necessary to supplement anything before taking something "blind".

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I study medicine at medical university of vienna (austria) and one of my professors said "lick an apple a day and you have enough vitamins".
That's of course VERY exaggerated, but it shows that you really don't have to worry about vitamins as much as most people do. As long as you are healthy and your nutrition is not complete crap you will probably never have any problems with vitamins.
On the contrary it's easy to get too many vitamins (hypervitaminosis) by taking supplements like those stated above, which will then possibly lead to serious health problems. For example, high dosages of vitamin C can result in kidney stones made of calcium oxalate. (the most common type of kidney stone by the way)
So I would definately not take or recommend a product that contains 750% vitamin C (daily value) or the like ...

Please notice that I am only talking about vitamins here. Minerals are a completely different story! It is a lot easier to not get enough of them by normal nutrition and taking too much is a lot harder also.
Finally i would advise everyone to go to a doctor and let him check if it's really necessary to supplement anything before taking something "blind".

Ah the close minded approach of University proffesors! If you are a couch potato that eats an excess of calories in ridiculous amounts like most people do, then you are absolutely right when you say that you dont need a multi vitamin. The problem comes when you add intense vigorous exercise (that depletes calories and nutrients) and a calorie restricted diet (that lowers calories and nutrients). The calores (energy) that are minimized through the diet and training can be made up for through adipose stores in body :gaysign: However, the nutrients can not be made up thus they have to be made up for in the form of supplementation. Yes, in the ideal world you can eat a perfect diet and have all the proper micronutrients in there perfect form. However, since NOBODY will eat this perfect nutrition plan (usually due to the fact that with nutrients usually come calories and this is not ideal for a calorie restricted diet) the nutrients must be made up for. Yes, I know that everything is enriched but unless you are going to spend the money, take the time, and create a perfect plan full of everything from A-Z, you will undoubtedly still be lacking. I have argued time and time again with proffesors and dieticians about this, and so many take such a closed minded approach to the topic and not only that but a very unrealistic one. I would be more than happy to argue/debate my point with anyone :thumbsup2:

Now keep in mind that we are not your average individual, we are bodybuilders. Bodybuilders require a lot more than most people. And as you talked about with Vitamin C, it is probably not in a form where even a majority of the 750% are being absorbed to the body and by the time the less than adequate delivery system has depleted itself, the body will excrete out the remainder of the WATER soluble vitamin.

Here is a response to the your instructor:
Recent study flaws
To put this in perspective, the recent studies the cited by the media did NOT incorporate a properly designed or complete multivitamin and mineral formula (MVM) in all subjects; and worse, they only tracked older adult usage, NOT people who use for life. The studies and reports get even less relevant because users were older adults who chose their own MVM (not all were complete MVM) and as long as they SAID they consumed the product at least ONCE A WEEK they were considered a user. In summary, participants were advanced in age and may have disease developing or certainly lots of things not working as they once did, and once a week they thought they took some kind of MVM. Obviously this is a useless report and the good news is no one’s listening. MVM sales are still climbing because people ARE smart and intuitive. All frivolous reports or studies like this actually prove is that older people, and some with disease possibly set in or developing, who once in a while take a “who-knows-what” kind of vitamin and maybe mineral supplement, receive little to no value in staving off specific cancers or CVD. So the REAL message is, don’t take what these people did or in the same frequency, and don’t start later in life if your goal is to prevent or cure whatever diseases these studies looked at.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Considering the fact that most of our food is fortified we really probably do not have issues with vitamins. Vitamin toxicity is another point i do agree with what your saying about supplements.I do agree with your comments on minerals as well. Nutrition is vital and so is the quality of the food it comes from. I really like this post. BUT i do want to mention that there is much more to nutrition than vitamins and minerals, and eating a proper diet geared towards your goal can really help boost performance if you know the nutrients that will in fact boost your performance. Diet is like another edge you can have even if you are a student and your goal is memory. Nutrition is nothing to be over looked and to take for granted. Vitamins and minerals are not the entire picture and your nutrition plays a big role on your mood, your energy levels, and performance.

P

proteinguysx

1)all vitamins are important to help you build muscle !!!
try a multivitamin like GNC MEGA MEN

2)after your meals is the best time to take it :thumbsup2:

<cool i like te picturesss thanksssssss:gaysign:

P

proteinguysx

<wow thank you very proffesional answer

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would say you need both minerals and vitamins to build a healthy body- iron is a good example of a mineral, these are inorganic elements that come from the soil and water. Vitamins are organic nutrients made by plants and animals. No nutrient is more important than the other, both vitamins and minerals work together to keep you healthy.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Usually the vitamins are taken after meals so that it will not have an ill effect with the digestive system when the person has issue like gastritis or ulcer. But for the build up of muscles my take is the protein that we can get from the meat particularly from beef. The only vitamin I used to take is vitamin C to fortify my immunity against common ailments like flu and colds.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Take Vitamin B complex because it has Vitamins B6 and B12 which helps in protein metabolism. This leads to enhanced red blood cell production and athletic performance.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In as much as taking vitamins supplements are very good for one's health, I have also made it a habit of eating different varieties of healthy fresh fruits. They are a very good source of all kinds of vitamins which one's food alone cannot provide.