• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Muscle Mecca: Does Your Parents support your bodybuilding life style

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Muscle Mecca: Do Your Parents support your bodybuilding life style

as thread title states, do your parents support your life style of eating and training like a bodybuilder, or do they ask questions all the time on why you do such things

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Not many of my family or friends understand really.

My mum is always on my back about lifting heavy things and how I'm only going to hurt myself.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
f.
same

my old man didnt watch me compete when i did. my mum did tho. she didnt know what to think. epic lulz all round. I think they were proud i did it drug free though and my nanna has a few of my poses stuck up on her walls. :thumbsup2:

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not really. My parents think the supplements I take are very dangerous for the system, and the amount of protein I eat is bad for my kidneys/liver... They had me setup an appointment to take a blood test. But when I got the doctor, he said I don't need one because I'm already healthy (no drinking/smoking/no drugs etc).

I like this thread lets hear more!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My parents like me to have better language usage in thread titles. :bitelip:

My Mum thinks I'm too big already, Dad can't see the point of lifting weights if it isn't for work, they both seem to think I'll get hurt doing it.

My brother is very supportive, my sister is happy for me. My fiance appreciates the side effects.

P

power

Nobody understands, they think it is a waste of time!

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My parents like me to have better language usage in thread titles. :bitelip:

feel free to use your mod tools to correct the thread title :gaysign:

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Am too old to still be getting permission!

When I was younger my mom fully supported me.

For those parents who don't understand, do what I did.

I told them I don't smoke, drink, do drugs or party.

How could they not support the healthier lifistyle?

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
my parents absolutely understand it.. and in fact they even know some of my cycles and how some compounds differ from others lol

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
My parents are supportive now in some way, but not so much in the past. Nowadays my mom isnt on my back about taking supplements or working out, and my dad always tells his friends that i workout lol. My friends are fairly supportive since im a "trend setter" with my friends, i got all my friends eventually into working out. My friends and family now know that Bodybuilding has made a very positive change in my life.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
My parents are pretty much supportive, especially my mom, and the gf thinks that I'm already big, so why I continue training? LOL!! :doh:

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
in a word NO..to cut a long story short
parents arent supportive at all, my sister is slightly more but still unsatisfactory for me
they dont take my food eating seriously and most likely dont give a fuck
they are the traditional know nothing fucking useless parents that would go train at planet fitness.
this is just in the bodybuilding department... i virtually argue with them and fight etc... in every other department
they couldnt buy quality food to save their life

its a constant arguement with them.... if i could i`d change my parents

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
they didnt at first, but now i think they do. i think it's because they've got a better understanding of what its all about now. but we've had our share of agruments on the subject. and they are kind of oldfashion so they still comment on some of the things i do. especially when i'm dieting and tell them i cant eat this and that they give me some weird looks. parents. lol.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My parents are pretty much supportive, especially my mom, and the gf thinks that I'm already big, so why I continue training? LOL!! :doh:

Yeah, I know what you are saying man. Always the same shit: "OMG, your arms are so big, quit training!"

But now, my parents-friends-gf know this is a very important part of me, they do understand it and I apreciate that a lot.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP

My mum is always on my back about lifting heavy things and how I'm only going to hurt myself.

the same with me.

they are always syaing that i'm going to hurt my spine and when i'm older i'm going to feel all the side effects.
diet is hard to explain too..:bitelip:

my dad drinks protein and all, after his bike workouts.. so that's a start...

it's not a convencional sport and it does take a big part of your life.

I understand.

(ps : on gf matter - they all seem to like , my ex. liked it )

T

tavuthekid

my parents and friends think that bodybuilding is the sport of roids.They think it doesnt take anything else except drugs to get that big,and also they believe you can become like the pros just if you take what they take.They dont know what dedication and hard work it needs to build a physique like that.My mom loves this lifestyle because it is very healthy,she also understands to take supplements because she take also,the same is my grandmother.But no word about steroids.When i showed her a pic of Phil Heath and said i want to become like him,she said he takes drugs,she believes he achieved it only with drugs.HAHA.My uncle is a bodybuilder like me and he is competing so we support each other and he was the one who made me love bodybuilding.The only thing i remember about him when i was young is the VHS of old Olympia's.I was 5 when i saw my first Olympia.He is also my training partner when i am in Greece.He was the person i looked up to and still continue to look up.My father is the most close minded person about these kind of matters.He believes sport is dirty and nothing is natural.Only sports like F1 and Gp are clean because he is the classic motorhead and thinks every sport having and engine is drug free.LET HIM THINK THAT.He believes protein is DRUGS and if you take creatine you will die,the things that he eats and always has in the house are ten times harmful than the worst quality supplement.Full of chemicals.For steroids not a word.Although he likes that i can lift heavy weights and that i am quite big for my age.He always brags about these kinds of things to his friends.Last but not least a part of my friends that dont know anything about diet and working out think that i did everything i did only because of the supplements i take.That i eat 8 times per day doesnt mean anything to them.Although they have never even tried to do this,they say that if they took supplements they would become like me or even more because they believe their genetics.I hope they will try at some point so that they can see how difficult it is,to be dedicated to only one purpose.My other friends are gym rats,some of them even know that i will try GH this year if all goes well.That sums it up for me :p

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
My dad supports me in my training,
But just like most people he and the rest of my family are self proclaimed experts.
And since they didn't do it the same way I most be wrong.
I can sit down with one of my brothers, who's a doctor and he really thinks he knows more about training then me
just because he used to read about human anatomy +10 years ago.

My fathers girlfriend is a good cook. But that doesn't mean that she knows shit about nutrition.

I dont know if its just the people around me but most people I have the "chance" to talk to about training and nutrition all have the same way of thinking.
"If you stop training your muscles will turn to fat" ...I then normally say that your brain will start to decay if you dont use it.
"But it doesn't work that way" They then refer to something that was writting by some idiot that doesn't know more then they do.

Do I need to say that I dont talk much about this stuff with my family/friends?

Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
They do. Thay always make sure thats there's enough eggs, milk, cottage cheese, meat etc. in the fridge for me. Actually my mom has got used to the fact that I'm so big so other kids in my age look like sknny tards for her lol. I think that they're really proud for me being muscular and having such dedication to work hard.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
But just like most people he and the rest of my family are self proclaimed experts.
And since they didn't do it the same way I most be wrong.
I can sit down with one of my brothers, who's a doctor and he really thinks he knows more about training then me
just because he used to read about human anatomy +10 years ago.

My fathers girlfriend is a good cook. But that doesn't mean that she knows shit about nutrition.

I dont know if its just the people around me but most people I have the "chance" to talk to about training and nutrition all have the same way of thinking.
"If you stop training your muscles will turn to fat" ...I then normally say that your brain will start to decay if you dont use it.
"But it doesn't work that way" They then refer to something that was writting by some idiot that doesn't know more then they do.

that is EXACTLY MY SITUATION

Have they mentioned that too much protein will fuck up your kidneys yet?
that always makes me laugh

FlexFan

FlexFan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mine are ignorant as hell too, but at least they don't get in the way...my mum also helps me alot with the food, but as far as money goes - I'm on my own...