• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Effects of fat on protein digestion

Cork

Cork

Anyone in college still who has access to this journal? I'd love to be able to read the full study.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/vp340w1334t68887/

Summary Results of the two series of experiments on four human subjects who were representative of normal gastric secretory and motor functions have shown that, under the experimental conditions, neither moderate nor large amounts of fat, added to lean beef either by physical mixing or by cooking, affect the gastric secretory response to the meals.
In other words, the addition to lean beef of fat as a hydrogenated vegetable oil did not diminish the capacity of the gastric juice to digest protein.
Also, the addition of moderate or large amounts of fat to the lean beef did not retard the evacuation from the stomach of either the protein or the fat of the meal.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Unfortunately I don't have access to that journal.... pretty cool find though, props for that, post it up here if you get it.