• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

m i a hardgainer

MaxSteel

MaxSteel

hello sir...actually i m havin a bit of problem which has really let me
i hav a trainni split like this
mon:chst/tri
tue:bicps/bck
wed:chst/tri
thur:bicps/bck
fri:chst/tri
sat: shoulder/legs
(i tried doin shoulder on wed but it gets sore and cauz of it i couldnt do other exercises, and legs on sat cauz i want to walk A LOT on my weekdays due to my work ,hence i do shoulder and legs on sat which gives me sore legs only on sundays not hampering my work and job)

i do basically 2 exercises per body part i genrally do bout 4-5 sets per body part..most of compound exercises..i do high reps (8-14) on 1st exercise and (4-8) on the 2nd...

now another reason for my having 3 days for triceps is that my triceps are my weakness and i would like to bring em up..and they seem to respond well to frequent training..so i think

now two things really bother me..

1: i'd say i have a preety fundamental trainnig programme i manage to get to get a preety massive pump after training(i know pump has nothing to do with growth ) but its just that sumtimes after the training u just feel it was good ...i feel sore the following day..but after sum days it absolutely goes away and i feel as if i m back to ground zero...
i mean sumtimes do to my work say i missed a day or two in the gym i feel as if m back to square one or even lower...

2:my biceps respond very well to trainnig then my triceps the result being i just feel awkward ..
i hav been checking back on my biceps training just so that my triceps would catch up but its not(same problem after few days of training my triceps seem to go back to where they were)..

due to which i m often feel like just giving up training...but i m not a quitter..

i feel embarassed to start a new thread on ths topic..with all the accomplished bodybuilders around
..but i have to find a solution..

my routine looks like this:
chst/triceps:
incline barbell press: 5*10-6(pyramid up on each set)
dumbell bench press: 5*(12-8)
skullcrushers: 4*(14-6) (pyramid up)
close girp bench: 5*(10-6)
dips behind the back: 3*(14-12)

bck/biceps:
chins: 5*(15-10)
dumbell row: 4*(10-8)
biceps curl: 5*(12-6)
incline dumbell biceps curl:4*(10-6)
hammer curl: 3*(10-8)

shoulder/legs:
shoulder press: 4*(12-8)
lateral raise: 4*(10-6)
upright row: 4*(8-6)
5 min break
squat: 5*(10-6)
lunges: 4*(12-8)

i try to train forearm evryother day:
and do abs almost daily if m not in a hurry

i seem to feel gud a few days...but even if i miss a single day or so it seems to be back where i started...

my current measurments are:
chst: 37
arms: 15.
waist:28
sorry i didnt measure my legs
im 5-4 inch...kind of the shorter side....weigh: 60+ kilos
i started of as a very skinny kid with arms almost 9inchs(as a kid u only measure arms) and now well m a little less skinny...

any comment or critisism will be highly appreciated...

my goals for the 3 months: add mass to my arms/ shoulder/ back/ legs...and chisel my chst...
no supplements all natural(hey i work in the IT sector hit by the economic Recession)..protein sources 8-10 eggs spread throught out the day..
and well other stuff like chickpea and milk

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
First of all, you can train legs without making them really sore. In fact it would be better to do so. Try training legs at least as much as the rest of the body (i.e. twice per week).

Secondly, you are training your chest more than the biggest muscles in your body (back and legs). Plus you are actually doing more chest exercises in your chest days than your other major body parts.

Thirdly, you are doing no direct hamstring work and no direct calf work. And you are not doing these before shoulder stuff.

Triceps being a weakness is really not so much of an issue this early in training. Training them more regularly is probably not the issue so much as making sure you actually do some exercises that will hit them when you do. Two of your tricep exercises are shit (bench dips and skull crushers). You would be better off doing just one exercise for several sets, such as close grip presses.

Another point is that you are doing the same stuff several times a week. Variety is a good thing. Do a heavy day and a higher reps day for each training day. Or do one exercise heavy and one light.

Don't give up on training just because things have started to get tough. It takes effort to actually get what you want. Train a bit smarter and you'll see some changes.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree with Tim, and want to get the point across of *Your working out chest way too much, spread the joy to all muscle groups and *mix it up. If you/your workouts become stale, so will your muscle growth.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Your working out triceps 3 times a week. If your triceps are lagging that may not be the greatest way to speed up the growing process. Maybe your not working out triceps hard enough so that your able to work them out so often with no problem or maybe your working them out hard enough but not letting them rest since ure working them out so often. Try changing things up and having a seperate arm day and maybe throw in a light tricep workout to get a pump in between the week. I agree with Tim except i dont beleive dips and skull crushers are shit... I do beleive u need more variety of exercises though, which would be more convenient if u had a seperate arm day

MaxSteel

MaxSteel

actually i hav come to find that my triceps respond well to more frequent training...

i used to train it once and twice a week...but i never got satisfying results...it just ddnt respond well...

now it responds atleast...slower than other parts , but this is the best result i hav got out of triceps training than my previous attempts...

i may however be accused of involving too many chst training..i'll train legs on wed instead of chst

also im seriously thinking about having a light wednesday session for triceps just to keep it stimulated.....
so i'll be doing
legs/triceps on wednesday

and as far as the intensity is concerned i keep a log and i try to incerease one rep in every set and also incorporate forced reps ...i try to increase the weight every 2 weeks...for the last few weeks/months...

and when the weight becomes too big to handle and compromise my form...i start with a lighter weight(heavier than my last starting point, but challenging enuf)...
i hav gotten stronger than before...

and as far as training calves is concerned i used to love it when i was in college but now with limited time and stuff,,,i thought i cld spare it,,,since i m not going to be a pro why so much detail...but i guess i hav to find tym for it....

thankx all for ur advices

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Your working out triceps 3 times a week. If your triceps are lagging that may not be the greatest way to speed up the growing process. Maybe your not working out triceps hard enough so that your able to work them out so often with no problem or maybe your working them out hard enough but not letting them rest since ure working them out so often. Try changing things up and having a seperate arm day and maybe throw in a light tricep workout to get a pump in between the week. I agree with Tim except i dont beleive dips and skull crushers are shit... I do beleive u need more variety of exercises though, which would be more convenient if u had a seperate arm day

I said bench dips are shit. They are terrible for the shoulders.
I said skull crushers are shit because they are terrible for the elbows.

Us old trainers know this and wish we hadn't done them.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I said bench dips are shit. They are terrible for the shoulders.
I said skull crushers are shit because they are terrible for the elbows.

Us old trainers know this and wish we hadn't done them.

Ah, i c gotcha... Yeah i would never do those exercises on a regular basis. I still like doing them around once a month because i really like workout they provide for me. I cant do overhead dumbell extentions though, its hard for me to feel the stretch and contraction, they also bother my elbows once in a while... so i never do them.