• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

New IFBB Pro Rules

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The posing round will no longer be scored!

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
no posing routine that is worth anything? That pretty stupid.

.:::X-Treme:::.

.:::X-Treme:::.

That's stupid...imo, the posing rutine is the essence of bodybuilding competition...

Cookie monster

Cookie monster

I completely agree with these rules. Yes, the posing routine is unique and adds variety to the show but when it comes to scoring, it doesn't represent the bodybuilder's physique as an entirety. Its purely just for entertainment value. The comparisons, along with the finals/posedown are crucial and I feel Jim made a logical choice to change up the rules.

P

Predah

as if the posing routines aren't bad enough already. Now people won't even dedicate half of the time they used to into posing routines. To me the posing routines are the most entertaining part in competitions and I wouldn't like to see the quality of them drop any lower.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
WOW thats terrible, usually if two guys are tied, they one may be able to move up a notch based on the posing routine... Why would anyone try hard at the posing routine now????!!!

It would be awesome if someone like kai greene just stood there, stook their gut out, didnt tighten his quads, and made a the worst presentation of a posing routine EVER! since it wont be counted for points, it shouldnt make a difference in the outcome. That would proove a point that some people work really hard at their routine to stand out and present their body in a spectacular way and if its not going to be accounted for then theirs little reason to put effort into their routines.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think this is good. It plays into the hands of the biggest guys as they have to move less and put less effort into competing.

The next move will be the logical step of having all competitors just be judged based on how much they weigh and their BF levels. They wouldn't have to even come to the competition stage to do this, they could phone it in.

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think guys like Kai will always put effort into their posing whether it is judged or not, but agree that some others will be even more boring!

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't understand. The only round that does not need to be scored it the posedown. They only touch his quads, look at the other top guys and that all bullshit.

I strongly disagree with these changes.

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

Posing routine is what makes each athlete unique, well the ones who put effort into them, preparing it and repeating it times and times before contest time.Now it's like: Yeah you can do your posing routing, we ain't gonna give a fuck, so basically they could just step on stage and sit down for 2 minutes till their turn is over.Sure the Pre-Judging is fundamental for the final results but so was the posing routine round.Posedown otherwise is very fun to see but basically things are done when it's posedown times judges already has the winner, posedown is a show for the crowd when contest it's finished.

8thWonder

8thWonder

FUCKING WORST RULES EVER

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
They did this because of Kai..

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
They did this because of Kai..

wut? :rofl3:

_MG_5047_FSWCSBQLKA-1.jpg

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I like this idea. I dont ever know how they would judge a posing routine. How can you score it when they are not up next to other competitors. The routine itself has never has anything to do with standard bodybuilding judging criteria (symmetry, aesthetics, size, conditioning etc.). Just look at the mandatories and quarter turns and compare the athletes. I believe this will make posing routines more fun for the guys.