• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Deadlift frequency

R

rollinswollen36

Hey guys, I have been doing deadlifts for about 3 years now. I used to do them every back workout, then I changed it to every other back workout. I have heard doing them once a month is a very effective way to do them. I was wondering yalls input, thanks.
Best Deads: 315x17, 405x10, 500x3

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yo man,

It's really tough to deadlift your heaviest weights every week. It's also pretty detrimental to your CNS. You can still deadlift every back workout, but I would incorporate wave loading.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I do deadlifts every back workout, always around 85-95% of my max.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Once a moth could be a bit on the low end. I'm the type of guy who cant deadlift more than once a week or I get burned out though Ive seen peopel DLing up to 3-4 times a week but periodization plays a big role in it. Along with that comes the lower back probs after heavy deads and squats. So if it was me I would go with once a week but you could use different loading protocols to achieve your goal.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would dead every week but just make sure that you have some periodization incorporated into your level of intensity.

R

rollinswollen36

Thanks a lot guys, Im gonna stick to a heavy day one week and a higher rep the next week