• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Nba Talk Thread

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i figured since the opening night is a week a way i wanted to start this, talk about what is going on and like that. myself i´ve been checking the preseason games

i got prediction for the east and west

east:
1 seed:Celtics
2 seed:Magic
3 seed:Cavs
i belive that celtics can have a near 70 wins this season if KG will be healthy

west:

1 seed:Lakers
2 seed:Spurs
3 seed:Mavs-if they play good defense if not then i´ll pick Nuggets
Lakers will dominate more then last year could even go close to 70 wins

wildcard teams:Memphis grizzlies,Washington wizards

smcfay

smcfay

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Im a laker fan but i think denver will compete this year

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well the things aren't looking too good for the bulls so, i'm glad i'm a big carmelo anthony fan. I'm hoping to see the nuggets do some damage this year.

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
go raptors!!...who said that? :spy:

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
so the season starts in 20 hours, what game r u guys most intrested to see? ofcourse i am looking forward to see how ron artest will tribute to the lakeshow, im deff also gonna see the celtic-cavs game

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Today is the start of the 09-10 season!! gonna skip trainin to watch the games!! wahahah!!

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great first game by Bynum. Snagged over twenty points and 13 boards.

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wasn´t too impressed by artest but he will get there, defensively he was good, but later on the season he will knocking down those shots, lamar was awesome didn´t exspect him to play that good

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cleveland really stunk it up thus far, can't see Lebron staying in Cleveland with this supporting cast.

Can anybody sum up the NBA's salary cap though? If the cap is like $56 million, how can the Lakers have a payroll of like $90 million?

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cleveland really stunk it up thus far, can't see Lebron staying in Cleveland with this supporting cast.

Can anybody sum up the NBA's salary cap though? If the cap is like $56 million, how can the Lakers have a payroll of like $90 million?

The NBA doesn't have a set salary cap like NFL, they call it a "soft cap" cause they have a bazillion different exceptions. I've tried to read up on it before but it still doesn't make any sense...
Some teams have like 4 players making 14mil from trades or something, and are 30 mil over the cap but it still works somehow. I have no clue.

-heres what wiki says, kinda helps clear things up...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nba_salary_cap

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The NBA doesn't have a set salary cap like NFL, they call it a "soft cap" cause they have a bazillion different exceptions. I've tried to read up on it before but it still doesn't make any sense...
Some teams have like 4 players making 14mil from trades or something, and are 30 mil over the cap but it still works somehow. I have no clue.

-heres what wiki says, kinda helps clear things up...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nba_salary_cap

Helps a bit, does this mean the Cavs can resign Lebron to a max contract, and their allowed salary cap is raised by Lebron's max contract amount, and they could also sign another player (ie, Bosh, Amare, Redd) to a max or near max contract?

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Helps a bit, does this mean the Cavs can resign Lebron to a max contract, and their allowed salary cap is raised by Lebron's max contract amount, and they could also sign another player (ie, Bosh, Amare, Redd) to a max or near max contract?

Thats what it seems like :dunnodude:

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I'm think there is a luxury tax once you go over the salary "cap"

Cav's off to an 0-2 start... wow.

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm think there is a luxury tax once you go over the salary "cap"

Cav's off to an 0-2 start... wow.

im suprised that they lost to the raptors but not to the celtics

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Raptors are getting better though.

Even so, it's still a huge blow to the team.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Raptors are getting better though.

Even so, it's still a huge blow to the team.

They are, Bosh is a great tier-2 Superstar (below Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Paul and Dwight), Bargnani really developed last year, and signing Turkoglu was massive for them. Tough to see anybody beating the Lakers though....

Any idea how the cap works with regards to Lebron in 2010, Flex?

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
man carmelo is playing good so far. vs trailblazer he got 41pts,6 rebs,3 assist. 35,5 ppg so far

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
They are, Bosh is a great tier-2 Superstar (below Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Paul and Dwight), Bargnani really developed last year, and signing Turkoglu was massive for them. Tough to see anybody beating the Lakers though....

Any idea how the cap works with regards to Lebron in 2010, Flex?

Nah, not really.

Fucking awful game for the Lakers tonight. Maybe the most frustrating game I've ever watched. They are still the best in the NBA though, no doubt about it.

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
raps are 1-1, they look alright so far...i think they can creep into the 8th or 7th spot...

1. cleveland
2. orlando
3. boston
4. chicago
5. atlanta
6. miami
7. washington
8. toronto

IMO

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
raps are 1-1, they look alright so far...i think they can creep into the 8th or 7th spot...

1. cleveland
2. orlando
3. boston
4. chicago
5. atlanta
6. miami
7. washington
8. toronto

IMO

boston will take the 1st spot unless they lose KG to injury like last season