• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

MadCow's 5x5 routines

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Madcow 5×5 Strength Training Programs

StrongLifts 5×5 is one of the many 5×5 approaches available. Another popular one is Madcow 5×5. Many StrongLifts.com readers have used this routine with success once they got too strong for StrongLifts 5×5. I recommend it.

Unfortunately, the site which was hosting all information on Madcow 5×5 went offline last week. Everything would have been lost if it wasn’t for forum member Mutt who knew this was coming and performed a backup.

Nobody knows where Madcow is. The contact info on the site no longer works, and he hasn’t been active on the forums he used to visit since mid 2007.

To avoid this information to get lost in the future and since Madcow seems to have disappeared, I’ve decided to host everything on StrongLifts.com’s server.

Madcow’s site wasn’t updated since +3 years. I fixed all the broken links, added a sitemap and got rid of the top banner. In the future, everything should move to another platform to increase readability/usability.

I wish I could involve Madcow into this project, but I have no idea of where he is. So here are the full guides. Credits go to Madcow for this. Enjoy!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I got this on email today and copied it across with all the links.

I know a lot of people love the MadCow routines and 5x5 is a great program for just about anyone short of advanced.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Good work Timbo, it'd be shame to lose this resource.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice work Tim! Imo one of the best programs out there!

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Thanks Tim :)

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I love this program. Since i adopted it i have been extremely inconsistent. I train on average of twice a week and i dont enough protein. Even though im in a slump, when i go into the gym i apply 5X5 to all my excercises and i've been able to improve faster then before and be in the best shape ive ever been.

G

GreasyFox

I have lost motivation with the gym lately and I may just need something fresh to re energize my workouts. I have heard good things about Madcow so will give it a go.
I had previously adopted the 5/3/1 routines and gained a fair bit of strength, especially on my bench, so hopefully madcow shows some decent gains