• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

RDL vs. SLDL

Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey guys!

Wich one should I inorporate to my hamstring training? Wich one is more effective in glute/ham development?

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm not a big fan of SLDL's. The rounding at the end could bring too much stress on your lower back/ligaments which could eventually lead to an injury.

So if you ask me I would go for the RDL's.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Romanian dead lifts right? RDL ?

i see a video of it, looks gay.

EDIT: i say that cus of the ass going out,
id do them if i was at the corner squat rack in my gym, but not outside of it, some dude might try to rape me. LOL

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
RDL's are going to reduce the stress on the lower back. I typically do RDL's but I will throw in some SLDL occasionally with low weight.

Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
RDL's are the way to go. It is easier to keep good form with them versus SDL's when you start to fatigue during your training session. It is easier to squeeze the hamstrings and glutes with this exercise from my personal experience.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
RDL's with dumbells, feel a crazy strech!

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
RDL is better if your less flexible, once your flexible try SLDL
sometimes i`ll bend my knees sometimes i wont depending on how i`m feeling

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't actually do a SLDL. I also don't actually do a RDL.

What I do is a hybrid of the two. The movement at the hips and lower back is similar to the RDL, in that you maintain an arch in the lower back and lower until you reach a stretch in the hammys. It is like a SLDL in that the knees are only slightly bent and don't bend further during the movement.

The reasons for this are that a slight knee bend will hit the hamstrings more than a larger bend or a movement of the knee. Keeping the lower back from rounding should be obvious (well except to Chewie :bitelip:).

X

Xiva

Banned
SLDL should never be performed if you ask me. The rounding in your lower back have a chance of leading to injury, so if you ask me RDL is the way to go.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff