• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Foot problem.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I am having a pain in my foot. It has been happening for a few days.

It only hurts when I walk, and it doesn't happen all the time. I did heavy deadlifts and attempted an equal max and I felt no pain ( I use sumo stance), but when I did some seated calf raises afterwards the pain started again.

I'm not sure what is wrong, because I don't remember hurting my foot at all. Any advice would be appreciated guys :)

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Assuming this is serious and moving to the Training section.

Number of things could have happened. Stress fractures, but they tend to hurt with any load (although you could have one that is only aggrevated by certain movments). Fracture, but you'd know all about that, there would be swelling. Inflamed tendon or ligament, which can be temperamental.

Advice would be to check for swelling (photos are good) and keep an eye on your pain levels. Avoid anything that causes pain and try to stay off your feet as much as possible for a few days. If it gets better over a few days then :xyxthumbs: If not see a MD. Pain could flare up again though so give it awhile.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Had the same problem a month ago. Did nothing about it and it eventually went away. Not this is any help to you though. :p

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
id recommend that u stop putting ur foot in my mum. rest up.

Cork

Cork

id recommend that u stop putting ur foot in my mum. rest up.

Say what now?

You could have a strained tendon. What kind of shoes were you wearing? What kind of shoes do you normally wear? When accustomed to running/tennis shoes, your feet will have weak tendons that aren't used to abuse. I suggest that as a cause because I strained a tendon in my foot going too hard when I switched to barefoot sprinting. It's definitely something you have to work up to.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
There isn't any swelling and it occasionally seems to hurt when I'm flexing my foot, so tendon problems could be the issue.

I generally wear either chucks or barefoot heh.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i had the same problem, same pain in same area. i found a little tiny splinter in that area, after i removed him everything was fine.