• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Sleeping bad.

DanishBB

DanishBB

Been sleeping really bad the last past weeks, will just hear if you guys know something i could do to sleep better ? And sleeping pills are out the question beacuse i tried them before, and they are addictive ass hell.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
melatonin works pretty good and its in your body naturally. Also, not sleeping late works wonders. Try getting up at a set time every morning and get your sleep on a schedule.

DanishBB

DanishBB

for me a schedule dosent make me sleep better, i rarely god to bed late beacuse i go to school every day and sometimes works in weekends.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ agreed, i have an alarm clock that has two alarms A and B, i set A at around 10:00pm and B. at 10:09pm, when A goes off its a cd that plays death metal on full blast, if that doesnt wake me up then its B which is the radio on no channel just loud no static. then off to work.

jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Get a new bed or even just a pillow. Don't get stressed before sleep or while laying in bed. Watch TV to take your mind off of every day stress. Workout harder so you will be more tired. Wake up earlieir. Don't workout close to bedtime. dont drink caffiene close to bedtime.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Like big04pimpin said... melatonin is great, and it is NOT addictive.

Buy a bottle of 3mg melatonin pills, take half of one on nights you are having trouble sleeping (bite the cap in half), and dissolve it under your tongue. then take 2 ZMA pills.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Like big04pimpin said... melatonin is great, and it is NOT addictive.

Buy a bottle of 3mg melatonin pills, take half of one on nights you are having trouble sleeping (bite the cap in half), and dissolve it under your tongue. then take 2 ZMA pills.

ZMA with melatonin?, Does the combo help more?

Essensen

Essensen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Melatonin does nothing for me. I've slept like shit for ages, but here's a few things that improved my sleep a lot;

- Not having a too warm room
- Complete darkness
- Ear plugs (I have some expensive ones, shaped especially for my ears; they are the best investment ever - no more waking up from noise)
- A good pillow.
- Added zinc and magnesium to my diet.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
- Ear plugs (I have some expensive ones, shaped especially for my ears; they are the best investment ever - no more waking up from noise)
what if there is a fire? you won't hear the alarm.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Melatonin does nothing for me. I've slept like shit for ages, but here's a few things that improved my sleep a lot;

- Not having a too warm room
- Complete darkness
- A good pillow.
- Added zinc and magnesium to my diet.

I'd add to this that spending the last 20-30mins before bed just unwinding and relaxing with as little light on as possible (so no TV, I also rely on the light from other rooms not the one I'm in). Last thing you want to do is think about stuff you have to do tomorrow or didn't get done today or the like. Just need to relax rather than get the brain thinking and possibly stressed.

I also swear by having a small pillow that you place between your knees when you lay on your side. Keeps the spine aligned and helps with leg circulation.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
all are very good points. I got a temperpedic bed and its the best $4k ever spent. My big ass destroys other beds in a matter of months.

I forgot about ZMA. it does work too with melatonin.

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow believe it or not, i was about to open a thread like this bc im having the same problems ...so numero 1 melatonin, my mom used to buy that shit, i should go and pick it up.
numero 2 ndont think aobut problems, now that's a problem!! everytime i go to bed i cant stop thinking about work and shit.. :tear:

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the worst sleep i ever get is before a test :bitenails:
the material just keeps running through my head, and its always in my dreams:footmouth:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yes....

Have you tried sleeping with a fan on? I literally can barely sleep without it at night...

i sleep in my parents old room, they have a Sleep number bed, i sleep in, as long as i pay rent, i get to sleep in it, its a king size.
ya theres a huge fan in the room but doesnt work for some reason, wiring issue i guess.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
melatonin + 3 gravol + nyquil = good sleep

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow believe it or not, i was about to open a thread like this bc im having the same problems ...so numero 1 melatonin, my mom used to buy that shit, i should go and pick it up.
numero 2 ndont think aobut problems, now that's a problem!! everytime i go to bed i cant stop thinking about work and shit.. :tear:

are you on any steroids? whats changed in your life that is causing you to not sleep well?

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
also, i know this may sound gay because i used to laugh at this, but when i tried it I was surprised that it actually did calm me down and enabled me to fall asleep..

a glass of warm milk... probably just a placebo affect or something.. but it does help me

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
also, i know this may sound gay because i used to laugh at this, but when i tried it I was surprised that it actually did calm me down and enabled me to fall asleep..

a glass of warm milk... probably just a placebo affect or something.. but it does help me

melatonin in milk broski :headbang:

100 tabs of melatonin for less than $2, can't beat this price anywhere.

http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=2281