• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Pacman v cotto

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fight is coming up this saturday, who yall got?

Im picking cotto in the upset, im not believing in all the pacman hype

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
well i may be the only boxing fan here....
but it sounded like a pretty good fight to start with, and then pacman took control.
i thought cotto would be able to handle the damage and hurt pacman, but i guess the speed was too much.

hopefully we can get a pacman mayweather soon!

jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am a boxing fan I just never took the time to write my opinion on here. I thought cotto had a better chance of winning than many people were giving him. I didn't watch the fight till the last couple of minutes but cotto's face looked pretty messed up and the scorecards were very lopsided. I want to see mayweather vs pacman too, I think mayweather could handle him. Mayweather easly easly beat Marquez and Pacman struggled against him twice. Mayweather is just too smart, too fast, too experienced and too athletic to lose against Pacman.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I am a boxing fan I just never took the time to write my opinion on here. I thought cotto had a better chance of winning than many people were giving him. I didn't watch the fight till the last couple of minutes but cotto's face looked pretty messed up and the scorecards were very lopsided. I want to see mayweather vs pacman too, I think mayweather could handle him. Mayweather easly easly beat Marquez and Pacman struggled against him twice. Mayweather is just too smart, too fast, too experienced and too athletic to lose against Pacman.

I agree, cotto did great the first 3 rounds, seemed like the announcers were bias though. Pacquiao came back strong and was consistant from round 1-12 like usual. I really wish pacman beats mayweather, mayweather is such an asshole... but he has some amazing skill, he is evasive, one of the fastes and one of the most accurate fighters ive ever seen.

bangbang

bangbang

I don't know what happened to Cotto but Manny was a beast. If you catch the fight, you have to watch the replay. It almost seemed like Manny toyed with him in a few rounds.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
close fight for the first 5 or so rounds, but cotto got worn down and couldnt keep up with mannys speed. cottos shots were doing damage, he just couldnt keep it up for 12, or even 6

bangbang

bangbang

I don't know about "Cotto's shots doing damage" but he was a trucker for staying through all the hits. He barely hit Manny. Manny had a 49% hit accuracy while Cotto had 31%. Did you see Cotto's face?

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sleep1-1.gif
@ boxing... the heavyweight division is just dead, and you can barely identify with the fighters compared to UFC fighters since they get so little TV air time.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:rofl3::rofl3:

Pacman vs Mayweather will be the real fight.

True it will be, but i thought cottos strength could keep him in it, but pacman's speed was just to much.
If you watched the fight cotto was hurting him, but he just couldnt keep it up. Was a fairly even fight for the first few rounds.

@ boxing... the heavyweight division is just dead, and you can barely identify with the fighters compared to UFC fighters since they get so little TV air time.
:gtfoslap:

im not going to start another ufc v boxing debate, but the heavyweight division is good right now. It's just there is no competition to the klitschko brothers. Haye is too scared to fight them, or else that would be a huge card.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
im not going to start another ufc v boxing debate, but the heavyweight division is good right now. It's just there is no competition to the klitschko brothers. Haye is too scared to fight them, or else that would be a huge card.

No it's not, a good heavyweight division would be Tyson, Lewis, Holyfield, Foreman, Moorer, Bowe, Morrison, they had personality and star appeal, and it was exciting. The only exciting heavyweight card would be Klitschko vs. Klitschko, but that isn't going to happen.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No it's not, a good heavyweight division would be Tyson, Lewis, Holyfield, Foreman, Moorer, Bowe, Morrison, they had personality and star appeal, and it was exciting. The only exciting heavyweight card would be Klitschko vs. Klitschko, but that isn't going to happen.

Klitschko(either) v haye would be pretty big, because of the fame haye is starting to garner. But that will never happen either.
The reason boxing has gone down so bad is because there is no american star even close to contending for the titles, heavyweight that is...

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Klitschko(either) v haye would be pretty big, because of the fame haye is starting to garner. But that will never happen either.
The reason boxing has gone down so bad is because there is no american star even close to contending for the titles, heavyweight that is...

That's a very good point, there really hasn't been any good American heavyweights in a while. I've never heard of Haye until now, of course I'm not a boxing fan but I'm a pretty big sports fan, the only one I won't actually pay attention to being baseball.

I know this is headed to a MMA vs boxing thread, but boxing's best days are long over, wait until 15 years down the road when you see a huge influx of guys in their early 20's who have been training MMA since they were in early elementary school.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That's a very good point, there really hasn't been any good American heavyweights in a while. I've never heard of Haye until now, of course I'm not a boxing fan but I'm a pretty big sports fan, the only one I won't actually pay attention to being baseball.

I know this is headed to a MMA vs boxing thread, but boxing's best days are long over, wait until 15 years down the road when you see a huge influx of guys in their early 20's who have been training MMA since they were in early elementary school.

yea i was going to say more but i didnt want to turn it into a mma v boxing.
i think that boxing will make a comeback soon. it is starting to get more interest these days then a few years ago after tyson and lewis left the scene.

If floyd v pacman ever happens that will be a huge fight, and i think that will actually have promotion and interest like the fights back in the 90s and before, and hopefully start a trend to more interest in boxing (because i love the sport!)

jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have been more interested in boxing this year more than any year since Tyson. On HBO they have that 24/7 show about the boxers training and everyday life going up to the fight and that makes me feel like I really get to know them and makes me want to watch the fight. After watching boxing I can tell how terrible those MMA fighters are at boxing but boxing is only a small part of MMA

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have been more interested in boxing this year more than any year since Tyson. On HBO they have that 24/7 show about the boxers training and everyday life going up to the fight and that makes me feel like I really get to know them and makes me want to watch the fight. After watching boxing I can tell how terrible those MMA fighters are at boxing but boxing is only a small part of MMA

24/7 ftw :thumbsup2:
watching boxing makes you realize how slow mma fighters are in comparison, hand speed anyway

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
24/7 ftw :thumbsup2:
watching boxing makes you realize how slow mma fighters are in comparison, hand speed anyway

Sure, but that's like watching the world long drive championship and realizing how little power PGA tour players have :icon_ninja:

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sure, but that's like watching the world long drive championship and realizing how little power PGA tour players have :icon_ninja:

It would be more like watching someone tee off and put it 6 inches from the hole everytime, then watching the nationwide tour :io:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It would be more like watching someone tee off and put it 6 inches from the hole everytime, then watching the nationwide tour :io:

This would imply that long drivers would be far superior at golf, than golfers are, which is obviously not the case.

Long drivers can do one thing and do it very well, but the golfer can drive the ball pretty impressive himself, but he can also use his long/short irons, bunker shots, chip shots, and putt.

It's fine that there are those who prefer long driving (boxing) to golf (MMA), but like the tour player is all around far superior at the many aspects which compose the sport of golf, the MMA is a far better fighter than the long driver.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ima keep this back on topic and not go that route.

The Top Rank-promoted fight generated 1.25 million buys and $70 million in domestic pay-per-view revenue, HBO announced Friday. If historical trends hold, the numbers will increase when all of the buys are officially audited.
Combined with the approximately 1.05 million buys generated by Floyd Mayweather's dominant decision victory against Juan Manuel Marquez on Sept. 19, this is the first time since 1999 -- when Felix Trinidad claimed a decision against Oscar De La Hoya in a welterweight unification fight and Lennox Lewis and Evander Holyfield fought to a highly controversial draw for the undisputed heavyweight championship -- that two pay-per-view fights have generated at least 1 million buys in the same calendar year.

Thats a good sign that things are starting to climb back up for the sport. Boxing will never die, it just goes through bad trends sometimes :thumbsup2: