• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

"show me the money"

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I do find it hard to watch the special Olympics.

The Paralympics though is amazing stuff.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I do find it hard to watch the special Olympics.

The Paralympics though is amazing stuff.

what's the difference between the 2? im only asking because i dont feel like googling right now lol.. was Adam being rude in his post?

this guy is probably stronger then you Adam.. so hushhush..

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
what's the difference between the 2? im only asking because i dont feel like googling right now lol.. was Adam being rude in his post?

this guy is probably stronger then you Adam.. so hushhush..

Paralympics is the disabled guys and gals, so spinal injuries, born without a limb, etc, etc. Some of these guys are amazing athletes, although they have a lot of categories to allow an evenish playing field in some events.

Special Olympics are the mentally handicapped. They have all sorts of grades of handicap and are generally doing it for self fulfillment.

And Adam thought it was funny to post some gifs that, given the subject matter, weren't funny at all but rather condemnatory.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Paralympics is the disabled guys and gals, so spinal injuries, born without a limb, etc, etc. Some of these guys are amazing athletes, although they have a lot of categories to allow an evenish playing field in some events.

Special Olympics are the mentally handicapped. They have all sorts of grades of handicap and are generally doing it for self fulfillment.

And Adam thought it was funny to post some gifs that, given the subject matter, weren't funny at all but rather condemnatory.

ok cool.. thanks for the explanation, i believe i knew this already but i had a brain fart.. how often do these paralympics take place?

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
That's not Adam23.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Its good to see that everyone can get into weightlifting and have a good time doing it!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Its good to see that everyone can get into weightlifting and have a good time doing it!

At the gym I used to train at there was a guy who lost his leg in a work accident. He only started training as part of his rehab and really got a lot out of it.

Just imagine what it would do for someone with poor motor control to be able to lift or compete at international level!!!

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
seeing people with injuries such as loosing your leg/arm etc working out and being happy in their lives really motivates me and most of all makes me feel quite ashamed of not taking advantage of having the gift of being injury free but still not taking advantage of it.. i salute these individuals..

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
ok cool.. thanks for the explanation, i believe i knew this already but i had a brain fart.. how often do these paralympics take place?

AFAIK every 4 years, same year and place than olympic games, just after those.

As tim said some disciplines have such a huge amount of categories that it's a bit boring to watch (swimming for example has like 20 for each distance: no arm, no leg, no arms, no legs, almost blind, completely blind and what not) but anyway it's amazing and inspirational how those atletes do what they do.
Wheelchair basketball is just plain awesome.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Cork

Cork

I was at a power lifting meet last weekend they had 2 lifters who were Special Olympics lifters. Very inspirational to see. I didn't get their exact totals, but they did really well, especially considering they weren't big guys.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP

i doubt i could jump 4 meters having two damn legs, and i know for a fact that i can't do a backflip like that :49:

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great stuff Serb! Positive post. :)

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Look at this.

11.17 on a wet track. Just wow.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wheelchair basketball is just plain awesome.

Guy that grew up down the road from me is currently the captain of the Aussie wheelchair basketball team. He was a decent athlete before he had his leg ripped off in a boating accident.

co05

co05

I thought I'd repost this video since it's fairly related

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is just simply amazing

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP