• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Is Corn a good Supplement ?

M

Mitchell

eggs , chicken , beef

veg's is good source of energy and source of natural supplements.

How about corn?

I heard corn also has good sources of vitamins?

B

bodyforum

Corn, as well as most other vegetables is very good for your health. It has very low calories, and its only source of energy is healthy plant sugar. It also contains very large amounts of cellulose. Your body cannot digest cellulose, but it is necessary for a healthy digestive system.

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
man when you're on low car, some corn is the shit! it makes you feel like you're eating candy :D

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's always great to get a nice crisp cob of sweet corn in the summer and it's a myth that corn is bad for you. Corn contains certain B vitamins and vitamin C, as well as magnesium and potassium- it always makes me feel better also.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't know much about the properties of corn but one thing I'm sure of is that you can get more stamina with corn. It makes your breath last longer, so to speak, in terms of power and stamina of a fighter. Most boxer from the southern part of our country that includes Manny Pacquiao are corn eaters. Their staple is a mix of rice and corn. And speaking of stamina so maybe corn has a lot of carbohydrates.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

eggs , chicken , beef

How about corn?

Corn is a good source of folic acid, iron and vitamin b12 that's why it is recommended for pregnant women also it's a good deterrent for anemia and diabetes because it lowers blood cholesterol levels.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have this good friend who loves corn so much and have the habit of eating it at least once daily. I got so intrigued and interested in how much he loves eating corn and I had to ask him questions on why he loves eating corn so much. He made it very clear to my understanding that corns gives him a good amount of energy as the reason why he never fail to eat at least one corn in a day.

G

GuestHu

Banned
Corn is indeed a good source of many vitamins and minerals. Corns are like cereal grains, it is mainly composed of carbs. However, it does not heighten the blood sugar. Plus, corns are rich in fiber. In fact, one bag of popcorn is equal to the amount of recommended daily intake.

Bravosi

Bravosi

Banned
My great grandfather was 2 meters tall and they didn't have wheat in their mountains, only corn! He was strong as an ox!

jeffreyjose48

jeffreyjose48

Banned
My answer to this question is definitely yes. I believe that corn is a good supplement for body builders. It makes you strong and healthy. I remembered corn as cooked with rice in one of our province in our country makes the people there very strong. They make world champions in the field of boxing and other sports.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
B

bourehim

I heard that corn is heavily processed with pesticides, isn't that bad for health?

L

lokielovesbunny

Undoubtedly corn is really good for health as they are rich in fibers and makes your tummy full, yet energetic enough to keep you up entire day. The biggest advantage of using corn in your diet is that, that you can add corn in any meal of yours, it gives nice taste use it as a salad, with fruits , or with rice, they are light to digest

- - - Updated - - -

Undoubtedly corn is really good for health as they are rich in fibers and makes your tummy full, yet energetic enough to keep you up entire day. The biggest advantage of using corn in your diet is that, you can add corn in any meal of yours, it gives nice taste use it as a salad, with fruits , or with rice, they are light to digest

D

D-mack66

eggs , chicken , beef

How about corn?

its is relatively low in protein and high in starch

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Corn is like water. Not much in nutrients but won't hurt you.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Corn is full of sugar. Not a good source of nutrition at all.

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!

sweerie_banana

sweerie_banana

I love sweet corn especially the yellow one. We normally consume it during breakfast and in fried rice. I love the fact that it has a high fiber content making it so nutritious and lowers the risk of getting diseases. It is readily available in groceries and markets. Make sure you don't eat too much, you can end up gaining weight.

A

Athanas

I think corn is high in carbohydrates- which fuel the body with energy and the excess ones are converted into lipids that are later stored beneath the skin. If your goal is to gain weight, then I would recommend it.