• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Drinking eggwhites vs cooking them

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
This past week I started drinking my eggwhites, yeah it was my Rocky moment.

the question is what is better? is there any disadvantage in not cooking?

(beside the terrible smell that comes from my back side?):bitenails:

drinking them really saves me a bunch of time, and I really prefer to eat them this way. are they absorbed equally?

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Possible harmful bacteria in the egg is a great reason to cook your egg whites and avoid serious illness that could occur from a bacteria infection. If you want to drink them for time savings sake if i remember right the brand Lana's egg whites, the ones jay cutler use to/still does have an endorsement with, are safe to drink.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Possible harmful bacteria in the egg is a great reason to cook your egg whites and avoid serious illness that could occur from a bacteria infection. If you want to drink them for time savings sake if i remember right the brand Lana's egg whites, the ones jay cutler use to/still does have an endorsement with, are safe to drink.

mine are safe too. No salmonella.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thats not the only bacteria you have to worry about their are many strains.No food manufacturer of meats, eggs, fish can be 100% sure their product is bacteria free. The best choice now a days with mass production of food is to cook your food. The bacteria cannot be controlled perfectly on such a huge manufacturing scale. Just because a product says something does not take it true, your experience in the area of muscle building supplements should be evidence enough of that fact.

I would not drink the Lana's egg whites personally. Just from the manufacturing process of meats, eggs, fish, chicken i think a person would be half crazy to not cook their food properly. Produce is an entirely different story, though.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Agree with Ben. I think I have previously posted a paper showing the rate of food poisoning from non-pasteurised dairy products (remembering that dairy is relatively free of harmful bacteria), it was something that you should be concerned about.

So just cook them or make sure they have been pasteurised (eggs, dairy, etc). Not a fan of irradiation though, does a good job but I haven't seen any data on the damage it does.

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
whats the point of doing this now portuboy? i think its worthless, pointless and very dumb, listen to what these two nigs said, they know their shit.

PS. Adam started driking eegwhites and look how he is now, bacterias are eating up his brain.......plowing his sister. :shakefist:

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
hum.. ok

gonna start cooking them again..

Essensen

Essensen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Plus you are not able to absorb some og the aminoacids properly unless you cook the eggwhites - so it's pretty pointless to drink them since you won't absorb the protein properly.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Plus you are not able to absorb some og the aminoacids properly unless you cook the eggwhites - so it's pretty pointless to drink them since you won't absorb the protein properly.

Beat me to it. The bioavalability is increased when you cook them. In other words there is zero to negative advantage to drinking them.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^^^^^

Due to.... Due to....... Enzyme inhibitors!!!! found in the raw eggs! Yes some foods are healthier to eat cooked!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree with most that has been said here. HOWEVER, Ive bought some egg white cartons at the super market lately, and have noticed that on the side of the cartons there are recipes for smoothies and shakes using the egg whites. They are recommending the use of raw egg whites. These are processed enough to be able to drink freely. I saw this on a container of ALL WHITES.

Essensen

Essensen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree with most that has been said here. HOWEVER, Ive bought some egg white cartons at the super market lately, and have noticed that on the side of the cartons there are recipes for smoothies and shakes using the egg whites. They are recommending the use of raw egg whites. These are processed enough to be able to drink freely. I saw this on a container of ALL WHITES.

As long as they are raw you will still not absorb them properly.

Just cook or microwave the shit - it takes like 5 mins.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As long as they are raw you will still not absorb them properly.

Just cook or microwave the shit - it takes like 5 mins.

That is not necessarily true. The reason that the eggs raw are not as efficiently utilized is bc of an enzyme inhibitor present in the raw eggs. If the eggs become cooked or processed to destroy this enzyme then the eggs are just as good had you cooked them at least concerning amino acid utilization. It is the enzyme inhibitor that is present in the raw eggs not the fact that the eggs are raw that makes them less efficiently utilized in the body.

Essensen

Essensen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That is not necessarily true. The reason that the eggs raw are not as efficiently utilized is bc of an enzyme inhibitor present in the raw eggs. If the eggs become cooked or processed to destroy this enzyme then the eggs are just as good had you cooked them at least concerning amino acid utilization. It is the enzyme inhibitor that is present in the raw eggs not the fact that the eggs are raw that makes them less efficiently utilized in the body.

Yep, but I still don't think they destroyed that enzyme inhibitor in the egg whites PistolPete is talking about. By 'processed' the fabricant probably means they are free of salmonella and therefore drinkable. I bet they still hold that enzyme inhibitor.

So you better check it out before you just drink it PP.