• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

2010 IFBB Ironman Pro - Canceled!!

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Maybe theY just forget to put the IM on there?

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Maybe theY just forget to put the IM on there?

yeah probably because IM is well-sponsored show so cant see any financial reasons for it to be canceled!

The big king

The big king

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That is really awful!! I hope they dont cancel it!

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

Maybe they forgot to insert it in the schedule.Otherwise I really hope they will do it, it was one of the best shows in the Pro season.Probably issues with promoters or something like that, maybe if some big names like Jay and Ronnie step in they can make it happen, money wise they could afford it.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
No, it's not an error or something from ifbbpro.com, the show is really canceled, but for now we don't know the reasons why that happened for sure.

On the other hand a new IFBB Pro show will make its debut on February 20th, the Phoenix Pro Show, more info here http://strykerx.com/

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
damn, the Ironman always had the best lighting.

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^

Yeah, that's true. The backgrounds were always cool too. I wonder why it got canceled... I hope it's a big mistake!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
screw that :no:

bring the Ironman back :angrydude:

FlexFan

FlexFan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
http://blog.bodybuilding.com/IronManBlog

On Nov 9th it says that the show is going to be on January 23rd in LA...four days later they say the show is canceled, according to the 2010 IFBB Schedule, but "The Fit Expo will still be taking place, on Saturday and Sunday as planned, with about 200 booths, and other sports events"....I still doubt untill it's official....

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
This fucken sux, thats the only pro show i have the possibility of attentding other than the O

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
updates

http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/blogs/lonnie/?p=1758

Iron Man Magazine Publisher John Balik reported today that the Pro Fight Supplements Iron Man Pro bodybuilding contest, originally slated to take place on Saturday, January 23, 2010, is being rescheduled for an as of yet undetermined date. The contest, which celebrated its 20th Anniversary in 2009, is one of the longest running IFBB Pro shows in the world.

For the last six years, the Iron Man Pro has been held in conjunction with The Bodybuilding.com Los Angeles Fitness Expo, produced by National Fitness Productions. With over 20,000 attendees, 250 exhibitors, and an incredible line-up of fitness, physique, martial arts and strength contests, it is one of the country’s largest and fastest growing consumer fitness expos.

“The Expo has been a huge success and is growing every year” said Balik. “But when it was held in late February, two weeks before the Arnold Classic to accommodate the Iron Man Pro, some companies just couldn’t exhibit at it. Shipping their booths coast-to-coast and asking their staff to work back-to-back expos was just too much for some of them.”

So when National Fitness Productions elected to move the Expo to the third weekend in January last year, dozens more companies were able to come out from the Midwest and East Coast to exhibit. However, as Balik noted, “for the pro bodybuilders, it meant having to train and diet through the holiday season and then try to peak again six weeks later for the Arnold and other IFBB contests that follow it.”

“And in spite of the huge crowds that attend the Expo and the myriad of sponsors that support it, ticket sales to the Iron Man Pro continue to decline, making it a challenge to produce the contest profitably.”

Balik added, “The quality of the athletes is the cornerstone of any events success. The rich twenty year history of the Iron Man Pro is the direct result of the wonderful IFBB athletes who have supported it. From the first winner, Shawn Ray, to the 20th, Silvio Samuel, and the current Mr. Olympia, Jay Cutler, the list of champions is a who’s who of IFBB Pro Bodybuilding.”

Balik went on to say he is investigating alternative dates and venues at which to hold the Iron Man Pro, either in late February just prior to the Arnold Classic, or perhaps in May around the time of the New York Pro Show.

Moving the Contest to either of these time slots would mean the bodybuilders could gear their training and dieting for multiple shows on back-to-back weekends, giving them chances for multiple paydays and Mr. Olympia qualifying finishes. In turn, the deeper line-ups will hopefully draw more fans to the contests which would be good for the promoters, the sponsors and the sport.

The Pro Fight Supplements Iron Man Pro is produced by Iron Man Magazine and presented by Gaspari Nutrition.

The Bodybuilding.com Los Angeles Fitness Expo, produced by National Fitness Productions and presented by Gaspari Nutrition, will be held Saturday and Sunday, January 23-24, 2010 at the Los Angeles Convention Center, 1201 South Figueroa Street, South Halls G & H. It will feature the Gaspari Nutrition All-American Strongman Contest, the Con Cret USPF American Cup Powerlifting Meet, Scot Mendelson’s Bench Press Classic, the Champion Nutrition MaxReps Contests, the Gracie National Jiu Jitsu Championships and the Bodyspace Spokesmodel Search. For a complete schedule and ticket information visit www.thefitexpo.com.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What a fucking shame, man...

Pob80

Pob80

shame that was going to be chris cormiers come back show