• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

2009 NPC Easterns

GetSize

GetSize

Hey Guys just wanted to share a couple of pics of my experience at the 2009 NPC Easterns. I weight in on the nose at 176....I should have been 5-6lbs lighter then that. I was holding more water then the kitchen sink I just couldnt get it off. But bodybuilding is all about improving and for next time I have to start that prep earlier! All in all it was the greatest experience meeting all the competitors backstage and see everyone well almost everyone in shape makes all those grueling 16 weeks of dieting worth it. Well ANY criticism is welcome! Any advice weather negative or postive will help drive me to be better next time!

DSC_0344_XLKXTVFAOE-1.jpg

DSC_0344_XLKXTVFAOE-1.jpg

DSC_0351_TTICQOAIDN-1.jpg

MostMuscular-1.jpg

GetSize

GetSize

Some pics my friend took from her camera

DSC01275-1.jpg

DSC01276-1.jpg

DSC01277-1.jpg

DSC01279-1.jpg

DSC01280-1.jpg

DSC01282-1.jpg

DSC01284-1.jpg

Cork

Cork

You look great. I'm not going to criticize because I'm looking at you on my phone. It's impossible to see specifics, but you look good compared to the other guys. How did you place?

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great build man. While I am sure that you were holding some water, you could have been more lean as well. Dont get me wrong, you were very lean but I have the feeling you want to be a top level national competitor and that is going to take coming in a little more sliced AND dropping some of that excess water. Other than that you have great balance. Id be curious to know what your prep week looked like?

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you're looking good bro !!!

nice pic's :thumbsup2:

GetSize

GetSize

Thx for the feedback guys!

Cork I placed 5th in the Novice and didnt place in the Open.

Creator I agree! This show is going to be my last for some time Im going to go on a hiatus and just grow. Im 23 I have 2 kids (3 year old, 6 month old) and getting ready for a show is NOT easy. LOL

But my last week was just depleting. Monday before prejudge saturday morning I pulled all fats and was eating just protein/veggies. I did this until Thursday. Thursday I added fats again and started to carb up with white rice 35grams per meal. Friday I did the same as thursday but started pull water but I just wasnt. My feeling on this was because I was constipated for days prior to this. I just didnt have any bowel movements and I think this caused me to hold more water.
After the night show I ate an entire pizza pie....FINALLY I went to the bathroom and woke up looking better then i did on stage for prejudge and at the night show. I was shredded, dry, vascular and hard as nails. At this point my lower back was much drier and my glutes MUCH tighter.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Okay I gotcha. Yeah just find what works for you. Try to supplement with some fiber next time. I find what works best for most folks involves no drastic changes to food or fluid during peak weak, just a little something to help tighten up. But, like I said, everyone is different and you sound like a very humble guy who is willing to learn from mistakes and those are the folks that end up successful in the end. Great job and keep working hard. You have a lot on your plate in regards to life in general but you have a great attitude. Hold on to that.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
In my opinion you could be a pro in the next few years, great structure, keep training hard man!

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
After looking at your pics a little closer I would say spend some time this off-season really working on developing your hamstrings. You conditioned with hamstrings and calves= real tough to beat.

Cork

Cork

Thx for the feedback guys!

Cork I placed 5th in the Novice and didnt place in the Open.

Damn man, must have been some tough competition.

It's good to hear you know what your problems were, and hopefully you fix it next time. Good luck in the future with whatever you decide to do.

And only 23 y/o! Great potential.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
GetSize

GetSize

Thanks for all the great feedback guys!

TKD- That would be a dream come true. I love to lift/train everyday so I will put in the work to be the best I can.

Creator- You really have an eye for physique critiquing because without doubt my hammies are my weakest bodypart. What would you say are more beneficial stifflegs or lying leg curls? Or a just a combo of both?

Cork thx bro just taking things step by step you know? Im 23 I dont need to be pro tommorrow I love to journey and the transformation. Train hard!

GetSize

GetSize

Just a couple of backstage shots before night show after eatting up so I smoothed out a bit by then.

DSC01536-1.jpg

DSC01523-1.jpg

DSC01535-1.jpg

DSC01529-1.jpg

DSC01531-1.jpg

Zviko

Zviko

Man i agree with Tkd u have a great physique those last pics u poted just emphasised tht, from the competition pics it looks like conditioning was the issue