• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Shoulder kills

C

Comin_Up

Hey everyone, today during my workout my shoulder just started really hurting and i took a rest and it hurts to lift my arm up like at the bottom of a shoulder press and cant even do a push up without it hurting. Anyone know how to help this out? Just some rest or what. I did shoulders and chest this week and had no pain what so ever.:umwtf:

thanks for the help :thumbsup2:

C

Comin_Up

Cool thanks, i member i did something to it last year during wrestling season but i finished the season so it was hurting pretty bad at the end of the season but after that and a rest it has nt hurt until now. But ill look at that, appreciate it, it might just be coming back.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rotor cuff is what everyone says.

It could be any number of things. Could be impingement, could be a bursa, could be a torn labrum, could be a messed up rotor cuff.

The main thing is to find out what is actually wrong with your lifting and to fix that. Most gym people abuse their shoulders with an imbalanced routine and a lack of strength balance around the shoulder. I.e. they do too much pressing, too little back work and aren't hitting important muscles correctly, like the middle and lower traps.

Post your routine and do a few strength deficit tests (try doing some scarecrows with a light weight and see where you notice it).

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i supposedly have a winging scapula on left arm
and both my arms are double jointed.
makes it hard to do seated shoulder presses heavy, and some other movements, i went to the dr, and was told to do rotatory cuff exercises to help out, which it does for a temporarily amount of time.. i think i need surgery on left part of my back. scapula pops upwards nearly parallel like, like a wing.

C

Comin_Up

i supposedly have a winging scapula on left arm
and both my arms are double jointed.
makes it hard to do seated shoulder presses heavy, and some other movements, i went to the dr, and was told to do rotatory cuff exercises to help out, which it does for a temporarily amount of time.. i think i need surgery on left part of my back. scapula pops upwards nearly parallel like, like a wing.

So if im double jointed then that might be part of the problem, my elbows are hyperextended naturaly but idk bout double jointed. I dont think i need surgery on my back though haha my back is my strong point ha so i think its all good but ive never done the rotator cuff exercises so ill probably start them, thanks Hypocrisy! Good lookin :thumbsup2: