• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Cell-Tech!

C

CRAZY CJ 20

I'm just curious because a friend of mine's mother is a doctor and claims that over time, taking creatine supplements and nitric oxide candamage the liver. Is this true? I'm just curious because I've had health issues with my liver lately..

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you were to take creatine continously for years and years there is a possibility that it could affect your liver, but I doubt it would be that much. Plus if you already have liver problems I wouldnt reccomend taking creatine.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yea, over years of usage it might do so

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
living will kill you too, sooner or later

meanwhile, the key is not abusing, rest and know what you are doing, that includes not surpassing recommended dossage and EAT HEALTHY

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think you guys are missing the point that this guy is saying that he is already having liver problems? What type of liver problems do you have? Creatine is primarily utilized in the liver and that is why on the back of all creatine products they usually say do not take if you are having problems with your liver. Talk to your doctor, your health is more important than taking a little creatine

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
damn dude that sucks, i wouldnt take none of that if i were you just to be safe, i dont listen to doctors but yyou actually have a problem so shes right, when i was 15 i wanted to get a on a protein or something i was 112 pounds and i asked my doctor and he screamed"no you will die! thats just as bad as steroids!" he didnt give me a reason why just cause he studied and hes the doctor haha w/e dude ive taken so much shit and ive never felt better

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hahaha :keke: that doc most of been a real poon

Mindgame

Mindgame

there is a study where this guy has been taking creatine since 1980 and so far no problems. I found it on MD

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There is no scientific proof that creatine will in any way cause adverse health effects. That is a myth that has been busted.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
all depends on the person, some people react different to certain supplements

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
ruel

ruel

physician or family doctors are different from sports science doctors...

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Guys, stop spreading rumors about shit you have just heard. The only problems I have seen in real life and also have read about in studies is kidney problems. Why is that you say? Well the kidneys act as a filter and if you take outrageous amounts (talking 50x normal amount) then it backs up in your kidneys. A powerlifting buddy did it in highschool when creatine first got big, he couldn't play football that season because his doctor was scared from the pain he was having from way over dosing creatine. He is fine now after his body cleared out his kidneys. It goes with anything guys, you take 50 multivitamins a day then ya you will have a problem. You stick to the directions and no it won't hurt you. Also, what problems did you have with your liver? I would get all that worked out before anything else.

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Guys, stop spreading rumors about shit you have just heard. The only problems I have seen in real life and also have read about in studies is kidney problems. Why is that you say? Well the kidneys act as a filter and if you take outrageous amounts (talking 50x normal amount) then it backs up in your kidneys. A powerlifting buddy did it in highschool when creatine first got big, he couldn't play football that season because his doctor was scared from the pain he was having from way over dosing creatine. He is fine now after his body cleared out his kidneys. It goes with anything guys, you take 50 multivitamins a day then ya you will have a problem. You stick to the directions and no it won't hurt you. Also, what problems did you have with your liver? I would get all that worked out before anything else.

Great post pimpin repped..

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

that is a really good post, and it applies to everything these days. people gotta understand that taking 10 times the recommended dosage is not gonna do anything but hurt them. anything u take in consentrated form can be bad for you IF you take tons of it instead of just sticking with the dosage u need. that being said though, taking 5 g more than normal of creatine wont hurt anyone, unless they have a pre existing condition.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As bigpimpin said: Creatine has been used and studied for decades and has not been shown to have any ill effects. The only problems would come in deficient systems like the kidneys, but then creatine would be the least of your worries.

At the "creatine are like steroids" post; that is a complete myth and the doctor is a scare campaigner that doesn't know anything.

At the liver poster; "creatine" (the metabolic product of it) already occurs in the blood as the body produces it.

At the original poster; when people make those sorts of claims they are pretty much frudulant. There are very few long term studies that they could draw evidence from to make such a claim. If there was evidence then these supplements would have been pulled from shelves instead of being used in cancer treatments and the like.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As bigpimpin said: Creatine has been used and studied for decades and has not been shown to have any ill effects. The only problems would come in deficient systems like the kidneys, but then creatine would be the least of your worries.

At the "creatine are like steroids" post; that is a complete myth and the doctor is a scare campaigner that doesn't know anything.

At the liver poster; "creatine" (the metabolic product of it) already occurs in the blood as the body produces it.

At the original poster; when people make those sorts of claims they are pretty much frudulant. There are very few long term studies that they could draw evidence from to make such a claim. If there was evidence then these supplements would have been pulled from shelves instead of being used in cancer treatments and the like.

Good to have you posting again Tim. :xyxthumbs:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
got this in an email from CWU :xyxthumbs:

datdereadvertisement-1.jpg

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:49: the fat kid is hilarious