• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Push/Pull-routine

F

FinnGasolin

Hey guys

If one were to do a push/pull-routine, would an isolation-exercise for the hammies (eg. leg-curls) be placed on the push or pull-day?

Or should one discard the exercise, and do romanian deadlifts or deadlifts(!) on the pull-day - and only squats on the push-day?

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Leg curls would be placed on pull day.

Imo iso-exersises have their place but shouldnt be the base of a program so start of with some compounds like GM, RDL, GHR and after that get some iso work done for the pull day.

F

FinnGasolin

I hate iso exercises, but I feel that a hammie exercise is justified! But on the other hand, i would not want to squat on day 1 and use RDL's or GM's om day 2 (along with deadlifts).

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I hate iso exercises, but I feel that a hammie exercise is justified! But on the other hand, i would not want to squat on day 1 and use RDL's or GM's om day 2 (along with deadlifts).

You could try an UB/LB routine than?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Why can't they be on day 3?

F

FinnGasolin

Philo: That's what I'm doing right now :)

Tim: I don't plan on a 3-split :)

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Philo: That's what I'm doing right now :)

Tim: I don't plan on a 3-split :)

:doh:

I was meaning that you will more than likely be training 4 days per week, yes? So you don't have to use the same exercises on day 1 and day 3 (or day 2 and day 4), you could actually change them slightly. :thumbsup2:

F

FinnGasolin

TIMMMM: Aah, okay. I see :) hehe

The only problem is that I want to be able to train 5 or even 6 times a week - is the energy is there. I also put together a program that has different excercises and different rep-schemes on different days. But this push/pull-routine was just a thought - I think it could be fun :)