• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Evgeny Mishin - In the trenches (legs training)

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Evgeny Mishin In the trenches training legs

Last edited by a moderator:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He can't walk down the street without getting out of breath!!! :omgwtf:

You know I'm going to go and get myself a belt, some knee wraps and hit these 1/4 squats up. I reckon I could have a video of +200kg squat too. And what was up with the arms? If you fail a rep you amputate the arm on the rack.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
That was not good..

has Tim said, depth? and what the fuck with the position of the arms?? :bitenails:

buzzkill44

buzzkill44

he's a bodybuilder not a powerlifter. do you guys understand that at all. as for the arms it's to balance the bar better. have any of you ever been that big. it gets hard to put your arms in the basic position.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
he's a bodybuilder not a powerlifter. do you guys understand that at all. as for the arms it's to balance the bar better. have any of you ever been that big. it gets hard to put your arms in the basic position.

sure I understand.. but you don't have to trap your hand inside the plate. :bitenails:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Who said anything about powerlifting :dunnodude:

I was saying his ROM sucks.
I was saying his arms are in a really stupid position.
I was also saying I can't believe he can't walk down the street without weazing like an old man.

ROM: I've discussed this so many times it is getting tiring. Suffice to say that if you don't use a full ROM you are cheating yourself of gains and setting yourself up for injury.

Arms: The reason he has his arms like that (he explains briefly the painful sensations he gets) is he lacks shoulder mobility. You see some very big guys squatting who don't have this problem. Also with his arms in that position it is very dangerous. If he needs to rack the bar he could trap his hands or arms. If he fails he will be dropping to the pins with his arms trapped between the bar and the pins. Can't be a very good BBer without arms!!

Also watch the video that Natzo posted. See how easily he gets out from under 310kg. You can't do that unless you are holding the bar properly.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Having read Tim's first post I'm not even going to bother watching the video. But I do wish to respond to buzzkill44's comment...

Why the fuck do we always have to hear this excuse? A squat is a squat, a quarter squat is not. If Ronnie Coleman, one of the world's greatest bodybuilders (even I will admit that) does full squats, then why don't all "bodybuilders" do full squats. There's no excuse not to, and in fact there is sufficient evidence to suggest that doing anything less than a parallel squat is worse for your knees.

Squat or don't squat, and if you don't squat then don't let people video you pretending to squat, its pathetic.

buzzkill44

buzzkill44

different people respond different to the same exercises. it's no excuse. i on one had like to do squats below parallel for 12-15 reps, while my friend prefers doing squats a bit above parallel for reps of 6-8. we both have equal size legs. just saying that this way probably helps him build more muscle on his quads. everyone is different. it's trial an error. that's bodybuilding. so this is why you hear this "excuse" all the time. don't get your panties in a bunch.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
LOL its funny, if a training video contains squats, its guaranteed that tim will comment on the ROM

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i think tim should know pros have shitty form, it is pointless to say the form suck and w/e, they ain´t gonna change

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
different people respond different to the same exercises. it's no excuse. i on one had like to do squats below parallel for 12-15 reps, while my friend prefers doing squats a bit above parallel for reps of 6-8. we both have equal size legs. just saying that this way probably helps him build more muscle on his quads. everyone is different. it's trial an error. that's bodybuilding. so this is why you hear this "excuse" all the time. don't get your panties in a bunch.
Lots of sciencing going on here. Performing exercise with a poor range of motion only leads to problems with posture and joint health and/or mobility later down the road. This isn't about doing what supposedly works best for an individual - which is based on nothing other than personal observance - but the functional structure of the human body and how it reacts to certain movement.
i think tim should know pros have shitty form, it is pointless to say the form suck and w/e, they ain´t gonna change
Will Tim personally change the way professional bodybuilders train? No, probably not. Are his points worth making? Certainly, especially because there's this nonsensical following of copying professionals because, after all, they're professionals, no?

buzzkill44

buzzkill44

sorry i didn't quote an article like everyone else. just saying bodybuilding isn't an exact science and every person trains and reacts different. imo it's rediculous to say you can only do things one way. and no one said to copy this. just find what works for yourself.

buzzkill44

buzzkill44

Its sad that it needs to be done constantly.

what's sad is how you guys cut all these pro's down. they just woke up that big and got a pro card for no reason.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
sorry i didn't quote an article like everyone else. just saying bodybuilding isn't an exact science and every person trains and reacts different. imo it's rediculous to say you can only do things one way. and no one said to copy this. just find what works for yourself.

hey everyone is different, but we all have a human body, our knees and quads, abs, back were made to exercise especific movements. the knee bends to help you get up from a bottom position, the quad and ham helps it do that. there is a certain range were the movement has a purpouse and where the muscle is used in its full potencial.

sorry the lack of science. (not my field) But it makes sense to me.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
they just woke up that big and got a pro card for no reason.
Please tell me where this was said or even implied. While you're at it, also tell me where someone said that you will not grow at all with a small ROM.

buzzkill44

buzzkill44

hey everyone is different, but we all have a human body, our knees and quads, abs, back were made to exercise especific movements. the knee bends to help you get up from a bottom position, the quad and ham helps it do that. there is a certain range were the movement has a purpouse and where the muscle is used in its full potencial.

sorry the lack of science. (not my field) But it makes sense to me.

yes this is true but everyone has different muscle fiber distribution. like fast and slow twitch. not my field either. but i know this plays a factor into how different people respond to different excersises. anyways i'm not here to argue just trying to say things can be done different ways to achieve the same goal.

buzzkill44

buzzkill44

Please tell me where this was said or even implied. While you're at it, also tell me where someone said that you will not grow at all with a small ROM.

i'm not here to argue. just saying there's other ways to do things, and it's implied all over this board.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
LOL its funny, if a training video contains squats, its guaranteed that tim will comment on the ROM

I comment because people hold Pro BBers up on a pedastal as knowing what they are doing. This is quite clearly not the case, with a lot of them surviving in sport because of work ethic, genetics and AAS. If people are copying "BBer X" then they could end up "not being able to walk down the street without wheezing" or with "pain in the shoulders" when doing mundane things.

I think the vehemency with which this thread is being discussed shows that my comments are needed. The biomechanics of the squat alone show that squats need to be executed well in order to make them safe for your joints and back. I'd ask people to read, among the many I have made, this thread:

I've been training for 15yrs and only learnt to squat properly in the last 5yrs. I sorely wish someone had shown me how to squat properly 15yrs ago rather than having to "work it out for myself". Now in the day of the internet the "work it out for yourself" mentality still predominates when we have much better information. :no:

Last edited by a moderator:
FlexFan

FlexFan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm sorry, I don't care if he squats right or not...he's just not my model for leg development(or anything else)...

Edit
OK another pic: