• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Soreness..

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
When you guys become sore, the next day after a workout. what do you guys think about it?

When i have good nutrition and i get an awesome workout i feel like im sore because i pushed myself hard enough. what do you guys think?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's called Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness; DOMS for short.

Happens from micro-tears in the muscles. Especially prevalent in over-reaching or eccentric training.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Is it good, bad, both?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Is it good, bad, both?

You get hypertrophy with or without it.

You can't train or have an active life with severe DOMS.

It isn't really an indicator of actually training hard or well.

So depending on how active you are in life, what your goals are, what your training is like will all influence the answer. If you follow one of those body part splits then you should have DOMS a lot of the time. If you use more frequency you shouldn't. If you ever want to do anything other than lift weights in any given week then you'd be better off with the frequency and no DOMS.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I hadn't had DOMS for ages until after I had my recent layoff, I still grew without it.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
when ever i have a good workout, the next day i will be slightly sore.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Is that based on the workout or the fact that you feel it the next day?

i`m not sure what the hell you are saying

If i have a good workout, the next day i might be slightly sore.
I`m basing it on the workout, that it went well, i lifted *heavy weight... sufficient enough to encourage max or nearly max muscle hypertrophy* without sacrificing any form hence making the movement even more effective rather then lifting * heavy....* and either cheating, swinging etc.. to complete the set

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I guess i have DOMS all the time but im pretty active as a instruct a few fit camps and i have to do various calisthenics and cardio exercizes. DOMS doesnt bother me anymore, i just look at it as soreness and not any sort of severe injury so if moving a certain way hurts its ok because its not injured so i keep moving anyways. I used to work in a concert lighting warehouse where everything is heavier than shit and i would still have a bodybuilding style training split where i would be sore as hell but i just block it out.... Now that i think of it, there were times when i had to lift heavier shit at work than at my gym LOL. What i have noticed is that sometimes my shoulders dont get sore unless i have an extremely intense workout with monster sets.

DOMS bothered my lifestyle when i was younger but i just learned to block it out and it never upsets me. I was just wondering what people thought about when they got sore.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Altough soreness isnt the best indicator psychologically it pleases me when I have DOMS the other day.

R

rocco-x

just gave the fst-7 a run for a few weeks.talk about DOMS...wow!

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I only get DOMS after a long lay off.. if your nutrition is good and your train consistently you should not have serious DOMS..

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Soreness essentially has 2 phases, 1) the mechanical damage phase (lasts about a day or so and 2) the inflammatory phase (the rest). The inflammatory phase is more so the cause of DOMS, with the pain/stiffness being due to increased pressure on the nociceptors and thus sensitization to afferent signaling.

Can you have hypertrophy without DOMS? Of course... but there's also little doubt that the inflamatory process is pretty powerful for promoting hypertrophy, that's why taking NSAID's after workous blocks the hypertrophic response to weight lifting.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Soreness essentially has 2 phases, 1) the mechanical damage phase (lasts about a day or so and 2) the inflammatory phase (the rest). The inflammatory phase is more so the cause of DOMS, with the pain/stiffness being due to increased pressure on the nociceptors and thus sensitization to afferent signaling.
Can you have hypertrophy without DOMS? Of course... but there's also little doubt that the inflamatory process is pretty powerful for promoting hypertrophy, that's why taking NSAID's after workous blocks the hypertrophic response to weight lifting.

None of that has been proven if i am not mistaken. But i beleive the same.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
None of that has been proven if i am not mistaken. But i beleive the same.

Care to post the article saying IS is incorrect in his statement?

IS could you post the article/s on this. I'm not sure I've seen the research you are referring to.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Care to post the article saying IS is incorrect in his statement?

IS could you post the article/s on this. I'm not sure I've seen the research you are referring to.

I was just going by what i read in wikipedia. Maybe it should be updated or something :)

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was just going by what i read in wikipedia. Maybe it should be updated or something :)

Yes I have noticed how reliable the information is on there :bitelip: At one point one of the members here used to hold the world record for the bicep curl.

Ironslave said:
Free full text

Thanks James. And your summary would have made a great addition to their abstract and conclusion.

J

jornT

Wait wut? You do not know the basics of tissue healing?

My bad :deadhorse: