• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Halo Reach In-Game Engine Cinematic

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
So today was the Spike VGA's and they showed halo reach Cinematic.Cons- Fairly vague and boring and cheesy dialogue. I was Impressed by the graphics at some points but not so much on some stuff... IMO graphics are not better than Uncharted 2 or Crysis for obvious reasons but all of the Halo haters on the game websites keep saying that its CG which ironically is the best unintentional compliment to the graphics lol. check it out in HD and 720p available in Bungie.net. Althought they didnt show a whole lot, im still very excited... im also including a screengrab i took of the vid of probably the most technically impressive part of the video.

Last edited by a moderator:
FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Theres too many Halo games, imho.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
lol theres like 4 1/2 in the last 10 years

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The armour is freakin' cool. Especially that guy with the skull on his helmet. That's just bad ass, Gears of War style.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
The armour is freakin' cool. Especially that guy with the skull on his helmet. That's just bad ass, Gears of War style.

At first i thought it was a big uncreative because MW2,Army of Two, and ODST had something similar with that skull thing but then i looked closely and realised that its not paint, its scratches with cracks running along the helmet which is slightly cooler.

here are some sweet gif.'s

2i1hvd2 1
123o6rs 1

the halo version of "🇮🇴" lol
96l4co 1

Attachments

• reachskull.jpg
    reachskull.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 122
Last edited by a moderator:
R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I feel bad for the guys at bungie. Being stuck with the same game for a decade.

On a side note when is halo going to do anything resembling something new?

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I dont think they will, They dont like changing the halo formula because htey dont want to change it too much. They desaturated the colors like most realistic games and now people are complaining that it doesnt have the halo bright color style... Oh well. Its kinda funny how excited halo fans, including me, are that we get to fight the same enemy from the original halo (elites) because the brutes sucked big balls and also they brought back what looks like the exact same pistol from the original Halo. Seems like they are going back to the roots of Halo while bringing some new things in. Next month they announced they will have a media blitz and show a lot of new halo reach stuff. Im excited. If the new wii zelda comes out next year i will have an amazing 2010; mass effect2,mario galaxy 2, new zelda, new metroid,new halo,new splinter cell to name a few :turborun:

Bungie actually has a new game under there sleves and its going to be their main priority once this game is done. Then, as i mentioned in another thread, a new halo team put together by microsoft that will consist of Gearbox (borderlands) members, some bungie members, and a bunch of other guys from other games. There are also rumors that the Main guy from gearbox and the lead from Borderlands will be the head honcho of the team. In a GT Bonus Round episode they asked him about it and he smirked and said "I told microsoft i wont say anything"

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey you're right. It's like he scratched his helmet. That's even more bad ass! Those .gifs are cool, but when I look at them on my Macbook it nearly freezes! lol

V

vdawg

be sick if there was an Army of Two 2 coming soon, that game was sick

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
be sick if there was an Army of Two 2 coming soon, that game was sick

there is a new Army of Two coming out, its been announced for a while now. it should be coming out in a few months

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
:drool:

HR2-1.jpg

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
there is a new Army of Two coming out, its been announced for a while now. it should be coming out in a few months

Downloaded the demo of "Army of Two 40th Day" last night and it sucks ballz!

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
I hate Halo and shouldn't be in this thread.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Downloaded the demo of "Army of Two 40th Day" last night and it sucks ballz!

LOL i downloaded the demo aswell but im not motivated by it enough ti try it out yet lol

I hate Halo and shouldn't be in this thread.

yup, not being in this thread would be good for someone who hates it lol

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Halo hasn't been cutting edge or award worthy since the original xbox. Hopefully they do something really new in Reach, as it stands halo has been passed by.

Army of Two the 40th day will be out in the next few weeks. Its getting better reviews than the first.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Heres the full Article

HR1-1.jpg
HR2-1.jpg

HR3-1.jpg
HR4-1.jpg

HR5-1.jpg
HR6-1.jpg

HR7-1.jpg
HR8-1.jpg

HR9-1.jpg
HR10-1.jpg

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Current Details

The new air vehicle is called a Falcon
Sniper's name is Jun-266
EVA Skull's name is Emile-239
Carter and Kat are the two survivors from the original team.
Jorge is the only Spartan II, the rest are Spartan III's
Covenant are going to feel foreign again and as a result, scarier than before.
Covenant do not speak English.
New type of enemy, Skirmisher similar to a Jackal.
Grunts and Marines look quite different.
Assault Rifle is back, it's a new, earlier model.
# of AI at once is up to 40 from 20 in Halo 3, increase in scale.
Health system is akin to Halo CE
DMR is sort of a bridge weapon between Sniper Rifle and BR, I think this is the single shot weapon seen in previous media?
Needle Rifle is confirmed.
Back to two types of grenades, Frag and Plasma.
Citizen Vehicles can now be driven if found on the field.
Full Feature Parity with Halo 3, new features yet to be unveiled
You play as "Noble 6" a group of "mostly" Spartan III's
New enemy named the "Skirmishers" they are a cousin race of the Jackals
Reach is as much as a character as your teammates
Covenant back to speaking their native languages
Equipment is now armor attachments: Ex. Sprint, active-camo.
All multiplayer features will return from Halo 3.
STEALTH KILLS
NOT A SINGLE MENTION OF NATAL INTEGRATION
Cinematic's are all motion captured
Bungie is working with the company Image Metrics for facial work Image Metrics
New Weather system
New graphics engine
Darker story.
Elites are the main enemies of the game like they were in the original halo (no more shitty brutes)
New LOD Imposter system, lowers detail of distant objects. This allows the graphics to have more emphasis on nearby objects and lighting effects.
Many more light sources at one time during gameplay

If you are not a halo fan a lot of these details seem minor... Basically they are taking all the good stuff from all the Halo's and putting it in one and then some. They are going back to what made the original Halo ( HALO Combat Evolved) so great.

Anybody who doesnt like halo but loved the original should definitely keep an eye out in this title.

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sounds like some good stuff. I would love to see better enemy AI, perhaps some more squad based stuff if you are going to be with a squad of spartans the whole time you might as well be able to issue orders and whatnot.

I hope it is as revolutionary as Halo 1, the series is running the risk of getting stale. I loved 1, liked 2, thought 3 was more of the same

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The current details list you posted looks so cool! Looks like they've made some really good improvements. I really hope the story line is better than Halo 3. The screenshots don't look to bad either. This looks promising!

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Sorry these pics are so huge, i got them directly from Bungie.Net

Graphics evolution from Halo CE to Halo Reach

Marine_Comparisons-1.jpg

Some character renders

Noble 6
NobleSix_run01-1.jpg

Carter
Carter_right-1.jpg

Kat
Kat_right2-1.jpg

Jorge

jorge_right4-1.jpg

Emile

Emile_right1-1.jpg

Jun

Jun_right3-1.jpg

An Elite variant

Elite_walk00-1.jpg

New grunt variant

Grunt_left-1.jpg

new AR

Assault_Rifle_right2-1.jpg

New Rifle called DMR

DMR_left3-1.jpg

All new Helicopter called Raptor. nicknamed "warthog of the sky". Bungie wanted to make an airborne version of the Warthog.

Falcon_02-1.jpg