• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

revelli's dietary plan - need advice

R

revelli

Greetings,

after few months of trying to put some mass to my body 3 weeks ago i started with dietary to cut down some fat. With 2 kgs of fat down in first week, 2 kgs down on 2nd week and 1kg in 3rd one i am in of advice if i have right dietary plan for next weeks.

Using Muscle&Fitness as primary reference for doing this dietary plan i read that i need to cicle carbs - 2 days in a row with low carb - with 90kgs of my weight -> 100g of carbs then 2 days with 200g of carbs.

Now i am hunting for putting 5kgs of fat away so i will be happy.

Here is the plan:

Low carbs day:

1. meal: 4 whole egs / 50g of oat / 200 ml of milk
2. meal: Edam cheese - 100g
3. meal: one can of tuna fish / 50g of full grain bread / one spoon of mayonaise
TRAINING
4. meal: 220g of curd / one orange
5. meal: 200g of low fat fish
6. meal: 225g of chicken with some vegetable
7. meal: 220g cottage cheese

High carbs day:

1. meal: 220g of curd / 50g of oat / 200 ml of milk
2. meal: Edam cheese - 100g
3. meal: 225g of chicken with some vegetable / 100g of beans / one spoon of mayonaise
TRAINING
4. meal: 220g of curd / one orange
5. meal: 200g of low fat fish
6. meal: 225g one can of tuna fish / onion
7. meal: 220g cottage cheese

Low carbs day: 2245 kcal / 277g protein / 100g carbs / 77g fat
High carbs day: 2670 kcal / 317g protein / 192g carbs / 60g fat

I am doing training 4 times a week and also 4 times 45 mins cardio.

So what do you think, is it okay to use this plan for few other weeks? Are there any places to improve? Can you share some advice?

Thanks for reading :)

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
1) Stop reading or rather taking advice from Muscle & Fiction.

2) Leafy Vegetables can essentially be counted as zero carb, eat more of them.

3) Fruit has never made anyone fat or stopped them losing it.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Votes Tim for president! :49:

Seriously though Tim gave great advice. I would have to know what you are doing in the weight room, volume, intensity ect, and what type of cardiovascular exercise you are doing to give you a more specific answer to the questions you have asked here. So I will post some general suggestions and information that seems appropriate for your situation.

If Edam cheese is literally cheese and not some sort of cottage cheese or curdled cheese get rid of it and replace it with raw avocado or raw nuts.

YOUR diet goes hand in hand with YOUR training.

The theory of carbohydrate cycling is not a bad one as long as you train appropriately for the nutrition you eat on that given day to reach your goal. The more energy you expend the more you can eat and still lose weight as long as you are keeping a calorie defecate that is reasonable and nitrogen retention positive you will burn fat and save muscle.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Edam is similar to chedder, slightly softer and lower in fat. Not bad but, I agree that an avocado or something like walnuts would be good (although I don't know much about nuts being alergic to them).

Questions:
When are you doing the cardio?
What is your required caloric intake (there is a calc here in this section or in the articles section)?
What estimate of BF do you have? As in what type of estimate and the % it gave.
What is your training routine?

R

revelli

Thanks boys, so far so good, i learned from you that i have to cut away Edam cheese.
My answers to your questions Tim:

When are you doing the cardio?

I do it just after workout. 4 times a week just like with workouts. Same 45 mins on stepper.

What is your required caloric intake?
Using calculator i found here it gave me these results:
Maintenance:2651 Calories/day
Fat Loss: 2121 Calories/day
Extreme Fat Loss: 1591 Calories/day

What estimate of BF do you have? As in what type of estimate and the % it gave.
No idea, i havent been on tests to measure these values. There is quite big fat around my belly, i currently have 98cm around waist.

What is your training routine?

1.monday: back - 2 exercises
biceps - 2 e.
2.tuesday: chest - 3 e.
delts - 3 e.
triceps - 2 e.
3.wednesday: day free
4.thursday: same as on monday
5. friday: same as on tuesday
6.+7.: free days

I found additional question to ask: What kind of suplements do i need to take? I really do not like to use any, i spent a lot of my money on them and i did not see real good results with most of them. I am half year clean of them.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ON CARDIOVASCULAR EXERCISE
You would be better off doing HIT or weight resistance cardiovascular exercise to lose fat. Weight resistance exercise is referring to getting on an elliptical, turning up the resistance to 3/4 or max resistance and grinding out your workout at a slower pace but your muscles are worked harder with every movement. Hit, again, is a great option also. Hit is usually performed at less resistance but the movements are explosive like a sprint rather than a run.

ON CALORIES
I am not a fan of calorie calculators. I am not much a fan of counting calories in general the way most typically do with understanding they do it with b/c our bodies do not work in the same manner that calories are measured by the FDA anyways. Our bodies work through a biochemical process to liberate energy from food, we do not "burn"it. But that is another thread entirely. As far as you are concerned since you already have your diet set out i will use what u have done already as it will work fine but i suggest you do it in this manner until u reach your weight loss goal, or most likely plateau. Start my suggestions on day 7 and follow through with your training as you have set but follow through with the diet as i have set.

Day 7- low carb
day1-low carb
day2- high carb
day 3-low carb
day 4- low carb
day 5-high carb
day 6 high carb

You should consider bumping your high carbohydrate days up to 300g of carbohydrates if your performance in the weight room goes down to quickly b/c your catabolizing tissue to quickly if that is the case.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Agree with Ben on the HIIT, much more benefit. I personally like hill sprints; sprint up, walk back down, repeat.

Also agree that calculators are a guide at best. I recently saw some data on how these calculators were arrived at, they are at best ballpark figures. You need to use it as a guide to know how much food you need to take in and then adjust according to how well your body responds.

Next point is that being fatter will require a slightly different approach to someone leaner. You can afford to be more aggressive with fluctuations between higher protein/low carb days and the normal days. By this I mean you can afford to take in less carbs on the low days, just replace them with protein and some fats.

Next point is that your training is flawed. Legs aren't being trained so you can just about guaruntee that your results will suck. Start squatting and deadlifting!!!

Next point is that you can start worrying about supplements when you are leaner and you're squating and deadlifting. Whey and creatine PWO are about the only things you need to bother with.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Next point is that your training is flawed. Legs aren't being trained so you can just about guaruntee that your results will suck. Start squatting and deadlifting!!!

squat-1.jpg

3347100987_062fd74da3-1.jpg

R

revelli

Thanks again for your replies. You are right that i need to start doing legs workouts too.
My decision now is to cut out that droping weight and fat and start with building some muscles. Weather outside is worse every day, i can not go and do some bicycling or like Tim suggested run into hill, so i would be very limited just to use a stepper and stacionary bicycle at home.