• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Phil Heath will compete in the 2010 Arnold Classic!

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Phil Heath is going to Columbus, announcing in a text message today that he will compete in the 2010 Arnold Classic. The message read:

"I'm in."

Heath has been quiet in recent months, since placing fifth at the 2009 Olympia. A stomach virus hit Heath hard 24 hours before the Friday prejudging and caused him to come in to the Olympia's first day roughly 10 pounds lighter than he had planned. The fifth-place finish hit Heath hard, so hard that he went back to work immediately at Gold's Flamingo in Las Vegas, training legs the morning after the Saturday night finals.

When pressed for further comment, the usually talkative Heath declined to talk about the past, or much more about the future.

"Not much more to say," Heath said. "I'll do my talking when I step on stage in Columbus."

Last edited by a moderator:
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Also Dexter is going to compete as well,

Looks to be a great show!

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Really good news, on both phil and dexters side.. I predict Phil beating Dexter

MJ23

MJ23

Great news !!! Dexter trying to equal Flex and Phil with certainly a revenge regarding O' and he seems that beating Dex is a goal....

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks for posting that Tkd.

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

It's gonna be a great Arnold Classic, Dexter's 3rd place finish really disappointed him, taking another AC title is a way to show he ain't out of the battle, Phil on the other hand, after the 5th place, wants a big victory to come at the Olympia as a more dominant force than ever.Also, looking at past shows, Phil still hasn't beaten Dexter, so it's gonna be a tough one....

B

BauBau

if dexter brings his A game phil has no chance. no time to improve for phil, and when i mean time i mean a few years.people say phil is the gift bla bla bla. but phil beside wining the ironman didn`t do shit only being hyped. yea he was 3rd last year but with that structure and those very obvious weak points he will never be mr olympia. maybe if everyone was off... if the judges are fair dex owns phil. but who knows who will come and defeat both dex and phil.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
if dexter brings his A game phil has no chance. no time to improve for phil, and when i mean time i mean a few years.people say phil is the gift bla bla bla. but phil beside wining the ironman didn`t do shit only being hyped. yea he was 3rd last year but with that structure and those very obvious weak points he will never be mr olympia. maybe if everyone was off... if the judges are fair dex owns phil. but who knows who will come and defeat both dex and phil.

You're a funny guy, :talkhand:

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

:rofl3::rofl3:
His A game?This year, Phil spent most of the hours before Pre-Judging throwing up in the bathroom and came in 20 lbs lighter than he should've been, 09 Olympia Heath was 70% of what he was planned to be.
Mr. O 08 Phil owned Dex in most mandatory poses, BDB Dex's hams and "calves" were nothin' to Phil, he was more ripped at the IM, but still at the O he was a contender, and he could've been second without much problems.Dexter looks always the same, he might add some lbs to his frame,but that's it.
On the other hand, comes in everytime bigger and better.But hey, it's a free world, feel free to illude yourself :umwtf:

B

BauBau

:rofl3::rofl3:
His A game?This year, Phil spent most of the hours before Pre-Judging throwing up in the bathroom and came in 20 lbs lighter than he should've been, 09 Olympia Heath was 70% of what he was planned to be.
Mr. O 08 Phil owned Dex in most mandatory poses, BDB Dex's hams and "calves" were nothin' to Phil, he was more ripped at the IM, but still at the O he was a contender, and he could've been second without much problems.Dexter looks always the same, he might add some lbs to his frame,but that's it.
On the other hand, comes in everytime bigger and better.But hey, it's a free world, feel free to illude yourself :umwtf:

exactly what i am talking about extra hyped. last time i recall dexter is mr olympia phil isn`t maybe he will be second as u said but second only his structure and his chest are not in his favour and yes ur right about the legs but then again we all know dex`s legs are not the best in the business and as someone mentioned above in this thread PHIL HAS NOT defeat dex so stop bullshiting me about what he should have done about his illness and bla bla, thats only crap talk or excuses. maybe dex didnt came 100%? maybe he came 90%, maybe victor didnt came 100% bla bla bla only talk. the placing are what they are. when phil will defeat dex in his best form then i will say i was talking bullshit. till then u are talking the bullshit. LOOK AT THE FACTS NOT THE COMMENTS!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well I'm looking forward to the Arnold then. Phil taking an AC trophy over Dex who also has a lot to prove after the O, should be a big show down!

Wonder if Kai will compete at the AC again? I also wonder if Phil will come to the Aussie Open like Kai did last year after the AC?

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Great news!

we need the top guys competing more that once a year!!!

I doubt he will do that Tim.

A

alexnorth

Anybody know if theres a webcast for the ASC 2010 ??

thank you

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
^ I'm sure there will be one on bodybuilding.com, like all the previous years.

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

exactly what i am talking about extra hyped. last time i recall dexter is mr olympia phil isn`t maybe he will be second as u said but second only his structure and his chest are not in his favour and yes ur right about the legs but then again we all know dex`s legs are not the best in the business and as someone mentioned above in this thread PHIL HAS NOT defeat dex so stop bullshiting me about what he should have done about his illness and bla bla, thats only crap talk or excuses. maybe dex didnt came 100%? maybe he came 90%, maybe victor didnt came 100% bla bla bla only talk. the placing are what they are. when phil will defeat dex in his best form then i will say i was talking bullshit. till then u are talking the bullshit. LOOK AT THE FACTS NOT THE COMMENTS!
Facts?
Well, you want facts, in 3 years of Pro career, Phil won 3 shows, 2 in his first rookie year.First Olympia appearence, 3rd place.At the 2008 AC he was 2nd behind Dexter, by very close decision.Dexter is 40 years old, Phil is near to his 30.Who's got more time to improve and win again?Who has the better genetics?Phil.If Dexter "calvless" Jackson can take a Sandow, Phil can take 2 or even 3.You think illnes in pre contest is crap talking?You probably don't know shit about BBing competitions and the issues of the last days pre contest, not a rare thing for an athlete to have stomach problems caused from diet and other facts.Happened to Jay last year, he took 2nd place.This year, Jay was on, and Dex was cannon fodder.

B

BauBau

Facts?
Well, you want facts, in 3 years of Pro career, Phil won 3 shows, 2 in his first rookie year.First Olympia appearence, 3rd place.At the 2008 AC he was 2nd behind Dexter, by very close decision.Dexter is 40 years old, Phil is near to his 30.Who's got more time to improve and win again?Who has the better genetics?Phil.If Dexter "calvless" Jackson can take a Sandow, Phil can take 2 or even 3.You think illnes in pre contest is crap talking?You probably don't know shit about BBing competitions and the issues of the last days pre contest, not a rare thing for an athlete to have stomach problems caused from diet and other facts.Happened to Jay last year, he took 2nd place.This year, Jay was on, and Dex was cannon fodder.

u are right he has lots of potential man i am not saying he doesn`t have a chance. i did say that till the 2010 arnold when he will step on stage has no time to improve and yes in a few years he can get a sandow only if someone is off. tell me if jay or kai comes in a sick condition phil will beat them? dont think so his structure sucks, thats why. and lets talk about the contest prep till u mentioned it.. the sickness part or any other problems like vics sister lose matter. but when u are on the stage a judge doesn`t ask u if u are ill or if u lost someone or if u dont have enough money to pay ur bills or any other problem. the judge looks at ur phisique and does his job. thats what am i saying about illness doesnt matter all those thing.if for some reason u are not on at the day of the contest u are fucked. they JUDGE THE PHISIQUE not the hyping bullshit if they came or not 100%. now tell if i am wrong...

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I look at the fact that Phil is a member here and he hasn't been talking about the O, he hasn't made any excuses, and is a BBing fan. He will be taking notes on Dex and Jay and Kai, then with the hunger from what must have been a disappointing O campaign, he will hit the gym. I can't wait to see him on stage.

B

BauBau

when i say hyped i dont mean phil is hyping him self. the media... i repet my self if phil deserves on stage that he is the best so be it. i dont have a problem in him wining an olympia or any other show. but the fact is he hasn`t, maybe he will or maybe he will not win a olympia. but until he does lets just llimit our selfs with what he accomplished. not saying that he is future mr olympia the gift the most gifted genetic body bla bla. that doesn`t mean shit. thats selling a book or some supplements. win the damn show proove everybody wrong including me and then i will say that PHIL IS THA MAN!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Two things

1. Kai IS doing the AC this year. He said he was doing it in the last muscular development podcast, and also on his blog on the MD forums.

2. Question for the battling BauBau and heavy weight 86...
We all know that Phil was off for prejudging because of a stomach virus. But then he regained a lot of his size during the night show, and was probably around 85% (says he in Flex magazing I believe).
Did he beat Dexter at the night show? I can't remember looking at the score card, but this would be an interesting piece of information for your debate as to if Phil ever beat Dexter. I realize its not the entire show, but it would make Phil's case a lot better if he beat him in scoring for 1 or 2 of the rounds.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok just looked it up.

There's the score card for the 09' Olympia.

Dexter beat Phil in the Prejudging (obvious stomach virus)

Then Phil came back better (but not his best!) and beat a consistent Dexter in both rounds 3 and 4.

There you go, by the scorecards, by the most recent showing of both of these competitors Phil has the capability to beat Dexter.