• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Something odd happening.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
On my left arm noticeably i have a stiffness occurring when either doing left arm bicep/tricep work or anything else involving my left hand.
when im at my house posing and stretching, it hardens up and left arm goes numb a little bit, slightly hurts, until i get it to my side again..
i think it might be due to my winged scapula, because when i do a MM pose it looks like my left trap is forming a wing and right trap looks normal, big, huge veiny etc.

i dont have healthcare coverage til jan 1st, even till then i can't go because they'll say its a "pre-existing" condition, but anyway, what should i do? anything i can do here? cold, heat pads,... pills etc? cus sometimes this interferes with my workouts and i have to quit them early.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wouldn't it be great if there was some sort of public health care system that would take a look at the problem.

I can only say see a doctor, sports doctor, as this is way too hard to even point a finger in the general direction of.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wouldn't it be great if there was some sort of public health care system that would take a look at the problem.

I can only say see a doctor, sports doctor, as this is way too hard to even point a finger in the general direction of.

So i have to wait, and make up some excuse..

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
it's probably just the aids.

why cant it be pre-existing anyway?

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP

Im assuming his health insurance wont cover pre-existing conditions...

Do u have pain accompanied by the stiffness?

I used to have stiffness in my hand aswell. there would be times when i would wake up and my fingers would be slightly clenched and i would need to use my other hand to straighten them out lol im not sure what it was, i have some ideas though... I just stretched often and paid more attention to the temperature of my hand (cold water, cold wind etc.) and made sure i kept it slightly warm by tucking it in my taint.... LOL JK

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
it's probably just the aids.

Dr. wont cover pre-existing conditions, so im gonna wait a month after January and tell them it happened in the gym etc, so they will cover it.
anyways by that time it might be even worse, i dont know..

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you have a winged scapula, start by stretching your chest a lot more. I can almost guarantee you that it is due to a muscle imbalance. Like I said, stretch your chest and work your rhomboids more.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you have a winged scapula, start by stretching your chest a lot more. I can almost guarantee you that it is due to a muscle imbalance. Like I said, stretch your chest and work your rhomboids more.

I see, i notice my left side chest slightly smaller too when im pumped, but not much a difference relaxed or out of the gym.

whats a real good rhomboid work that can isolate or at least focus more on my issue?. right now i do either db rows, cable rows. but usually heavy weight and low reps, would higher reps work better?..

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Yeh you're right. Steve should just get a diagnosis on the internet and hope everything turns out for the best.
yes of course, when a person can't afford something.....the government should give it away for free. :bitelip:

name one thing that the US government currently operates correctly.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeh you're right. Steve should just get a diagnosis on the internet and hope everything turns out for the best.

If he went to a doctor, he's just going to make a half ass educated guess based on his symptoms (like we are doing), or get sent to another doctor who makes a 3/4 ass educated guess based on symptoms, then tells him to rest it and stretch it. While he's waiting to see these doctors, he will be sitting next to someone who has a rolled ankle, and a kid who wants to get a doctor's note because he faked sick so he didn't have to study for his test.

Socialized health care is a disaster where people abuse the system when they don't need it.

Hypo, just stretch a lot, especially the rotator area and see if that helps.

I'd also look into doing some active release techniques (ART) before I went to a doctor. You could see a provider, or if you're cheap, you can find a cheap massage tool and have someone press in on the "trigger points" and try and work out the kinks while moving your arms around.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yes of course, when a person can't afford something.....the government should give it away for free. :bitelip:

name one thing that the US government currently operates correctly.

How very priviledged of you. Also I'm Australian so I don't have any experience in things the US government does, but I'll take a stab in the dark and say roads.

IS said:
If he went to a doctor, he's just going to make a half ass educated guess based on his symptoms (like we are doing), or get sent to another doctor who makes a 3/4 ass educated guess based on symptoms, then tells him to rest it and stretch it. While he's waiting to see these doctors, he will be sitting next to someone who has a rolled ankle, and a kid who wants to get a doctor's note because he faked sick so he didn't have to study for his test.
Difference is that he would be in the same room as the MD and the MD would at least (should) be familiar with what to look for and be able to see it and test it first hand.

Socialized health care is a disaster where people abuse the system when they don't need it.
A society were health care is something only some people can afford or have isn't any better.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
On my left arm noticeably i have a stiffness occurring when either doing left arm bicep/tricep work or anything else involving my left hand.
when im at my house posing and stretching, it hardens up and left arm goes numb a little bit, slightly hurts, until i get it to my side again..
i think it might be due to my winged scapula, because when i do a MM pose it looks like my left trap is forming a wing and right trap looks normal, big, huge veiny etc.

i dont have healthcare coverage til jan 1st, even till then i can't go because they'll say its a "pre-existing" condition, but anyway, what should i do? anything i can do here? cold, heat pads,... pills etc? cus sometimes this interferes with my workouts and i have to quit them early.

Go to a chiropractor and have them fix the sublixation that is most likely causing your problem. Braaq aren't you going to school for chiropractic? Elaborate on this you would know more than me. Hypo if you do decide to go this route do some homework when deciding who to choose as yr doctor of Chiropractic b/c some are better than others. The science behind chiropractic is sound, but the adjustment it self is an art b/c performance is involved. I would Find the doctor who knows both very well and choose that doctor.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How very priviledged of you. Also I'm Australian so I don't have any experience in things the US government does, but I'll take a stab in the dark and say roads.

Ahh, my favorite strawman, "we need roads". Very few conservatives don't support any form of taxation (anarchim), because you're against the massive wasteful spending doesn't mean you don't support any taxes. I'm against any sort of income tax, but I wouldn't be opposed to some local and state/provincial taxes for thing like roads, some police (less than we have now), and others. It's just when a centralized government gets so much money and they just waste it which is the problem.

Besides, if the government is so great at building roads, why do they need to spend all this extra "stimulus" money now on them?

Difference is that he would be in the same room as the MD and the MD would at least (should) be familiar with what to look for and be able to see it and test it first hand.

In some cases of course.... but in something which is 99% weight lifting induced imbalance, they'll just say stretch/rest, go to phyio, etc. There's not much that can be done.

A society were health care is something only some people can afford or have isn't any better.

That's another argument, if people can't afford care they won't get it. I've asked dozens of doctors if someone came to them in dire need of treatment yet couldn't afford care, would they still treat them? I haven't gotten one single "no" answer yet, or even a hesitation before saying yes.

Besides, we've already somewhat discussed this before in another thread that you "probably wouldn't" contribute financially to the care of a friend if they needed it (which is fine, that's your right).... but if you won't do it voluntarily, why do you feel I should do it through forced taxation?

imraan47

imraan47

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thoracic outlet syndrome...look it up

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Go to a chiropractor and have them fix the sublixation that is most likely causing your pain. Braaq aren't you going to school for chiropractic? Elaborate on this you would know more than me. Hypo if you do decide to go this route do some homework when deciding who to choose as yr doctor of Chiropractic b/c some are better than others. The science behind chiropractic is sound, but the adjustment it self is an art b/c performance is involved. I would Find the doctor who knows both very well and choose that doctor.

I disagree. There are some good chiropractors but they're basically physiotherapists. Work in soft tissue is fine but spinal "adjustments" are essentially a scam, it's essentially just cavitation in the joint releasing gasses, but it does provide a temporary relief (ie, a few seconds). They often make a lot of extraordinary success claims, many of which are simply impossible based on human anatomy of the way certain nerves run.

http://www.chirobase.org/02Research/crelin.html

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ahh, my favorite strawman, "we need roads". Very few conservatives don't support any form of taxation (anarchim), because you're against the massive wasteful spending doesn't mean you don't support any taxes. I'm against any sort of income tax, but I wouldn't be opposed to some local and state/provincial taxes for thing like roads, some police (less than we have now), and others. It's just when a centralized government gets so much money and they just waste it which is the problem.
Wasn't meant to be a strawman. The question was directly asking what the government in the US actually does right/well.

I think it slightly derisive to suggest that planning social infrustructure such that you indirectly fund a better society is somehow neither good nor efficient nor "conservative". Like it or not the menial tasks that support our society are such that without their continued health (etc) society crumbles. I believe an example of this occurred in the UK where the local supply chain fell apart in 3-5 days when the guys that unload trucks stayed home due (I can't remember the details, but I think it was related to the flu pandemic fears). My point being that it is very middle class or affluent to think that everyone can afford to pay for all services (etc) and that society doesn't need to as a result.

If we were talking about government funding of stuff like the arts or propping up industries then I have no issues. Some things are public good. Also my stance differs slightly due to the vast population differences between the US and Aust.

Besides, if the government is so great at building roads, why do they need to spend all this extra "stimulus" money now on them?
Bring forward capital spending for projects already planned, retains skills and labour markets while stimulating the economy. Makes more sense than giving it to banks/creditors that created the problem or creating a skills cycle that makes it hard to maintain industries (great example is engineer lay-offs and how hard it is to then start new projects when the market picks back up due to employment time period, skills retirement or migration and retraining).

Just to be clear I'm not a fan of the amount and how most govt's spent their money this past year. Most of it was pissed up against a wall in order to divert attention from bail-outs and to keep voters happy.

In some cases of course.... but in something which is 99% weight lifting induced imbalance, they'll just say stretch/rest, go to phyio, etc. There's not much that can be done.
I'm not questioning your diagnosis (or Creator's) but you understand my reticence at making a call on something that is based on a vague description. I've been told that I had a rotorcuff problem in my shoulder, then went and saw a physio who spent 1/2hr diagnosing a mild impingement caused by my trapezius. Guess which diagnosis has me benching pain free!?

That's another argument, if people can't afford care they won't get it. I've asked dozens of doctors if someone came to them in dire need of treatment yet couldn't afford care, would they still treat them? I haven't gotten one single "no" answer yet, or even a hesitation before saying yes.
Assuming the patient/person is thought to have a serious enough problem. "Dire" is the crux of that statement and where it falls down.

Besides, we've already somewhat discussed this before in another thread that you "probably wouldn't" contribute financially to the care of a friend if they needed it (which is fine, that's your right).... but if you won't do it voluntarily, why do you feel I should do it through forced taxation?
I have private health care and have had it all of my life. I don't see this as an option for me, but a friend (remembering that most of my friends have similar levels of affluence) who hasn't seen it as important can't expect me as an individual to fix that shortcoming. Now if money was less of an issue for me, then sure, no problem. Right here, right now, no.

But why through taxes? Because as a member of society I rely upon someone to do the mundane things that keep society running. Society cannot afford to lose people to ill-health or the like. By contributing as a society the burden of the expense is distributed by a larger number thus lessening my contribution to my friend's health (or anyone else upon whom I rely). If I paid zero tax then I would only be able to fund one friends heart operation and still have my garbage collected, roads to drive on, parks to play in, etc, etc per annum. I'd like to think I have more than one friend and I wasn't necessarily relying on them to do some of the mundane but necessary functions of a functioning society. It may be unrealistic to think that I'll know more than one person who will get majorly sick in any given year, but it has happened. Aanother solution of asking for a bit of money from each of their friends........ hang-on sounds familiar.

Spreading this burden through tax also allows for planning for the future. You can spend money you have now on future projects/investments. Private industry can do similar but less altruistically.

The main problem I see with government spending is the expenses on private good. Subsidising industries and sectors so that they exist at all is annoying, let alone when these are private companies. In essense this creates an industry that is inefficient or falsely valued, neither of which are desirable. The USA is renowned for subsidies to its industries. The other problem I see is in frivolous spending on things seen to be the public good, but which the public don't share this view upon. A classic example of this is the arts. I don't know about the USA but most art galleries and artists in Australia are subsidised or are wholely supported by the government. Why? Because art is seen as an important public aspect, so important that no-one goes to art galleries or buys paintings by "struggling artists". But the government feels better that our cultural identity is supported by giving the arts community money.

It's not like I wholely disagree with you IS or Tech. Just that there are holes in your ideology that needs to be filled with a more middle ground approach.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am going to respond to that link in full, quoting the study in the link and my arguments against their experiment and how their experiment is flawed. But for now i will say that i do have a counter argument. I am tired i have been reading all night and do not want to write a poor, quick response.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
AWESOME posts tim!

that is all.