• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Lactose - Your thoughts?

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What are your thoughts on lactose?
How would it do say when being used as the only carb in a meal (not pre/post workout, so IE a "normal" meal)

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think lactose is great in milk and dairy.

I think people overstate allergies, when they mean tollerance. I posted the stats on proportions of populations that are allergic and European heritage people should be less concerned.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
so would you recommend it as the only carb in a meal but not the main carb in the nutrition plan?
do you know where i can read up on lactose and how it performs nutritionally, some websites say one thing, another website says another

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
An updated nutrition textbook from a university dietetics or sports nutrition department.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What are your thoughts on lactose?
How would it do say when being used as the only carb in a meal (not pre/post workout, so IE a "normal" meal)

You would do good to think about lactose use in the same manner as you would table sugar. Now they are not exactly the same but they are both disaccharrides and should be used as such, minimally and not as the main source of carbohydrate in a meal in most cases.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hmm thx for the reply!