• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Most realistic IFBB Pro comeback???

Most realistic IFBB Pro comeback???

• Total voters
HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

As the title says, which Pro could make a successful comeback and make top 6 at the O??

1. Kevin Levrone
With what he has accomplished in the last months, NATURALLY, to me he could sure as hell make a successful comeback, even aimining for the Sandow, his genetics is simply unreal.

2. Mike Francois
Huge and pleasing phisique, but enough to compete with the mass monsters of his time, he retired without injuries or health problems, and he probably didn't reach his full potential, despite now being in his 40's who knows...

3. Paul Dillet
Another freak who never reached his full potential, but still could be Sandow worth, in 2005 he came back and didn't looked bad, now he's older, but the genetics is still inside him, well also depends if he has kept himself in minimum shape or not...

4.Shawn Ray
Well I know now he's more busy in the business side of the sport, but he retired without injuries so as Francois he's another one who could come back in shape in very short time considering he's also still training...

5. Nasser El Sonbaty
Still huge, and still training, dunno if his body is now rid of the synthol, if it is, well we all know that at his best Nasser was Sandow worth so...

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
did you just randomly select some old pro names and threw the comeback question near their name because its quite... dumb the way you put it and the reasoning you used.
to even seriously think dillet, ray and mike would contemplate a comeback is .... stupid
After all the shit nasser went through in his last years competing, with all the enemies he has made0 and with the associated problems etc... of competing seriously... i seriously doubt he even wants to bother or be associated with BBing competitively
levrone is the most realistically and he AFAIK hasnt even hinted at a comeback

i dont want to sound like i`m attacking you or angry or anything that may pop in your mind so all rude words etc.. are for emphasis nothing else

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

did you just randomly select some old pro names and threw the comeback question near their name because its quite... dumb the way you put it and the reasoning you used.
to even seriously think dillet, ray and mike would contemplate a comeback is .... stupid
After all the shit nasser went through in his last years competing, with all the enemies he has made0 and with the associated problems etc... of competing seriously... i seriously doubt he even wants to bother or be associated with BBing competitively
levrone is the most realistically and he AFAIK hasnt even hinted at a comeback

i dont want to sound like i`m attacking you or angry or anything that may pop in your mind so all rude words etc.. are for emphasis nothing else
I didn't selected random Pro's.Levrone sayed he's not aiming to a comeback, but 2 years ago he also sayed he didn't wanted to train anymore, then look at him know.If you check Nasser's website you'll see he's still huge and on gear, enemies in the sport or not, he still have his Pro card, Francois, as I sayed he retired but was injuries free, still working in BB and fitness, same for Shawn Ray.Dillet already tried a comeback in 2005.I picked up these guys cause genetics would grant them for sure to battle it out even with the current contenders, contemplating a comeback isn't stupid, Coleman still wants to come back on stage despite his left side issues so....

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
its only natural for them to continue training etc.. because they have done it for the greater part of their lives

you have any idea on the stresses of competition, how do we know that mike REALLY has no problems?
Maybe mike is still working in BBing and fitness because he has no were better to go (which may not neccessarly be a bad thing), same with Shawn ray
do you think nasser is on the same shit he was back in the 90s? do you think he wants to go back on that shit?
yes i know nasser is still a big (not huge, ronnie WAS huge)
their genetics may help them but their age will hinder them, and i their age will slowly slowly hold them back more then their genetics will propel them forward

dillet made a comeback and failed, do you think he would contemplate ANOTHER comeback with some added grey hairs this time around?

ronnie is the best BBer to date, its only natural for him to not want to leave and to think he has another year in him and for BBing irrespective of his issues, he is in the best shape out of these guys so a comeback for him is different from a comeback for these other guys

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Levrone by far..

FlexFan

FlexFan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
2. Mike Francois
Huge and pleasing phisique, but enough to compete with the mass monsters of his time, he retired without injuries or health problems, and he probably didn't reach his full potential, despite now being in his 40's who knows...

Mike retired because of health problems...nearly died during surgery...

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mike retired because of health problems...nearly died during surgery...
x2

He cant diet or do "other stuff" that Pro BBing requires!
Also he was NOT known for someone with a "pleasing physique"... his forte was mass & conditioning! He was as bloody big as they come and would have held his own even in todays BBers! His career was cut short due to health issues... and there ant no come backs for him!!!!!! at all!!!

medicineman

medicineman

ya, mike has kidney issues.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

Didn't knew of Francois's health problems, on the Flex profile of the nationals greatest competitors it wasn't mentioned and I just stick with that.There are some BBers like Vince Taylor or Toney Freeman who is still competing and are in their 40's so I don't see why a comeback for some of these guys would be impossible.The fact of the gear they would have to take well sure when you are older the body reacts in a different way, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't won to go back in the rumble....About Priest there was a MD vid couple months ago where he was training and said he was aiming to the 202 Olympia crown...

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
New pics of Naser El Sombaty:

dbol-1.jpg

nassergarage-1.jpg

nasserstore-1.jpg

nassermexico-1.jpg

saturday-1.jpg

nassernewmexico-1.jpg

nasserthurs-1.jpg

Sushi-1.jpg

He looks huge but his face shows he is not young anymore.

PS: he's 45.

L dimi

L dimi

i voted mike francois it had everything to succeed good line, hard muscle and full , his pro career was too short to confirm his good rankings

Shawn Ray because I like his physique and had class on stage

Levrone for mass and charisma

Dillets, nasser I never was too fan

you had not named but I'd like to see, Lee Priest, Tom Prince, and flex coleman

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

Tom Prince almost died cause of kidney failure and heart problems, no way he can make a come back.Unfortunately.

L dimi

L dimi

i know for tome prince , mike françois have the same problem no???

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Levrone 4 sho... Francoi would be way too small and everyone else is meh. Im supprized nasser is still big but i doubt he still has it in him and im sure he still has a gut with smaller muscles. Levrone can legitimately make a comeback, we saw what he did naturally now imagine on juice, growth hormone, myostatin blockers... and a Muscle-Tech contract? :bitenails:

C

Comin_Up

Nasser is still rockin the fany pack ha very 90s

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Nasser still has the size, but I don't think he could look again like he did in '97 O or '99 ASC.