• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

dilatedmuscle's Road to Somewhere

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Im finally gonna start a log. I havent logged a workout in 3 years. Im going to try to build a little bit of strength and i figured this might help me stay on some sort of track, plus you guys can prolly help with advice.

I had a few beers and its 2:41 am. I hope this doesnt spoil my workout tomorrow lol and i hope i can get up early enough before the gym closes. Ive decided to workout chest and arms tomorrow. I havent done either in awhile so im just going to bench and see where my strength is at and do some arms coz i need to. If i cant make it to the gym, ill just do bench.

Well, Check back tomorrow for my first log!

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
12/27/2009

Man i had a bad day today, barely slept. Drank last night. I havent worked out in a while and i had heart burn. My nose was congested so my breathing was off. Oh well... I ended up doing chest, side delts and tri's

Warm Up'ed with rotator cuff exercizes and push ups.

Bench Warm-up:
65lbs X 10
95lbs X 10
135lbs X 10

Working Set:
185lbs X 3
225lbs X 2
255lbs X FAILED ( almost had it!!! its also my previous 1RM so its not bad)
185lbs X 10
135lbs X 10

DB Press:
50lbs X 10
65lbs X 3
75lbs X 3
45lbs X 10

DB Side Laterals:
20lbs X 10
30lbs X 10
45lbs X 6
20lbs X 15

Close Grip bench:
115lbs X 10 ( i really suck at this movement, i gotta get it together
135lbs X 10
115lbs X 10

Cable PushDowns:
30lbs X 20
45lbs X 10
65lbs X 10
90lbs X 5
45lbs X 25

DB Kick Backs and over head extention super set.:
15lbs X 10
25lbs X 10
15lbs X 10

This is not a typical type of workout for me. Im trying something different so if it looks like im doing something wrong, please let me know.
Please Comment.

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice looking log man, pretty good workout considering lack of sleep and that u were drinking last night

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I forgot to Mention...

Im 21 5'6.5", 180lbs.

Previous 1RM's

Squats: 315lbs

Deadlift: 365lbs

Bench: 255lbs

First i will try to reach this weight agian. Then hopefully surpass it in the next couple of months!

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Hadnt done a propper workout since my chest workout last sunday. I did back today. Also a bad day :umwtf: I had allergies so my nose was running most of the time, I was burping a lot in the beginning, and i kept getting sweat in my eyes during a set and that shit burns! (shouldve worn a bandana). I couldnt really get a pump..well, he'res my log.

"Warm-up" Pull-ups - 4 sets of 10

Barbell Rows (supinated ):
95 X20
135 X15
185 X10
225 X8
135 X10 then switched to pronated grip for 8 more reps

Deadlift
135 X10
225 X3
315 X3
365 X1
225 X10

One Arm DB Row
50 X10
75 X6
95 X5
130 X5
30 X10

I tried doing cable pull downs but my back was done, i finished off with 5 sets of lying leg curls. Let me know what u guys think.

Current weight is 180lbs with enough fat to not have a six pack

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
5'6.5'' at 180 - that's pretty good man. I find pictures have a tendency to make people look smaller then they are. I'll be keepin' an eye on this log! I'm going to create one too in the future but I'm just getting my shit back together! :)

Good luck!

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Thanks Johnny. Now would be a good time for you to create one since you want to get back on track, that way you make sure to progress consistently.

This week i will workout a minimum of 4 days (5 if i have an arm day). Its time to kick it into high gear!

Deity

Deity

What the fuck is going on in here?

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
what the fuck is going on with you?

Bone Yard

Bone Yard

settle grettle.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
props for getting back into it. now keep it up :D. your a big heavy dude for a walking headjob

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
props for getting back into it. now keep it up :D. your a big heavy dude for a walking headjob

lol, fucker..

I actually kinda stopped doing this log because i wasnt in the mood write inbetween my sets, it would distract me. But ive been training heavier and been going as heavy as i can with ATG squats, Bench, and Deadlift.

Justwonderin

Justwonderin

lol, fucker..

I actually kinda stopped doing this log because i wasnt in the mood write inbetween my sets

you mean write it down on paper or were you on your phone updating the log in between sets?

Justwonderin

Justwonderin

i just noticed the tags for your work out forum....

:borat:

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
LAZY BASTARD :spy:

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Hey guys. Im gonna start a log again. Im going to try to remember the exercises, sets, and weight. I dont like writing in between sets... Currently im working out around 3 times a week. I only got about 1 hr of sleep :/ just got back from work, gonna go back to sleep soon and hopefully workout today and start posting :D. I may take measurements and bodyfat soon to keep track every 6 months or so.

A quick update about what's been going on with me; I was doing a shieko powerlifting routine but things didnt end too well. I got much stronger and put on a bit of size but i my shoulders were getting messed up from the constant benching and squatting in my routine. I need to stretch my shoulders more often to make sure they dont bother me. I did squats last week and had no problem so hopefully things stay good.

After i had to stop my powerlifting routine, i had problems with my gym membership and didnt go for a few weeks. Instead i was working out at home, i have an old bench press that i would use. I trained 3 times a week at home but by mixing and matching the random weights i had, i couldn only add up to 225 lbs. I got my membership straightened out and i've been going to the gym 3 times a week and having some good compound workouts. Normally when i work a lot (fit camp instructor) it can be hard for me to train coz i would be exausted to go lift heavy after working so much. Lately i've made sure to get my leg workouts in before the Fit Camp leg days, i sacrifice my performance in the fit camp but im tired of not being able to train heavy since im so exausted, I'm prioritizing my own workout.

I'm not eating much and im not sleeping well. My training has been good and my length in the gym has been decent. I will order some protein this weekend and ill be taking a minimum of 2 shakes a day. I also plan on eating cleaner to lose some fat.

I forgot to Mention...

Im 21 5'6.5", 180lbs.

Previous 1RM's

Squats: 315lbs

Deadlift: 365lbs

Bench: 255lbs

First i will try to reach this weight agian. Then hopefully surpass it in the next couple of months!

Update:

I'm now 191-192 on the scale, its been like that for a few weeks, minus shoes and clothes im lighter but i think im around 5 lbs heavier then before. My legs are much bigger and leaner (will post pics soon), my abs are also leaner and my upper back has grown a bit.

Previous and Current 1RM

Squats: 315, while the weight is still the same, i now do more ATG squats so i dont go heavier then 250-265. I focus on going deep and doing more straight sets of 4-6 reps. I've had some good success with my leg development.

Deadlift: 385

Bench: 275

Last edited:
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Looking forward to it dilated.

And yeh, its a good thing to get all your measurements down for a baseline.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I want to see this.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
you've gone from 180lbs to 291-292? or did you mean 191-192?
Either way good to see your log back.