• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Jay Cutler's - New Wheels

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
doksja-1.jpg

http://www.flexonline.com/videos/?bcpid=17320904001&bclid=1459293934&bctid=58109911001

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Nice to see him training like that..despite the Smith squats..:bitelip:

L dimi

L dimi

iT's not for nothing he is mister 0

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Man, he's looking VERY lean.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
cool video. jay looks awesome. still ripped!

big barry

big barry

Why does it matter if he uses a smith machine?. He also uses a hack squat machine, i dont see the difference?.

L dimi

L dimi

the hack squat is not exercice mass pur this angle you work the wheel differently

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Why does it matter if he uses a smith machine?. He also uses a hack squat machine, i dont see the difference?.

Smith machine = bad for joints.

Plus it is kinda lame. Hey watch me squat 350lb that has been counterbalanced and doesn't require any balance and coordination on my part :gayaway:

Real squats are hard, it is the reason why they are the king of exercises.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Plus it is kinda lame. Hey watch me squat 350lb that has been counterbalanced and doesn't require any balance and coordination on my part :gayaway:

Fact! :thumbsup2:

New Wheels? They look the same, just harder because he was in much better condition than ever this year. I lost respect for Jay in this vid, I train harder and heavier on my legs and he still manages to become Mr O :shakefist:
I actually loled when that one dude said he has never trained this hard :rofl3:

TheGift

TheGift

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you guys fail to realize that lifting heavier than someone may not necessary guarantee size. I knew guys who played bball in college that could squat 4plates for reps and had horrible leg development. Trust me, Jay has gone extremely heavy before and many who claim they're so badass should try and train with him sometime because they'd lose their lunch. I guess we have to admit that some people are just more genetically gifted than others.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
TheGift

TheGift

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I think that is a matter of opinion and personal preference, as I've had success with both. However, I've been using the smith more recently and it hasn't hurt my back and knees as much as free squats have.

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^booya tim how do you like them apples!!

fdelval

fdelval

i want to see people replying now to phil :bitelip:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't use smith because of certain issues, mostly the counterbalance thing, left leg is stronger, left arm/shoulder weaker, even with smith the thing kinda glides upwards in an odd motion that doesn't feel right for me. used to do them for chest but i got tired of hauling the damn bench under the smith. lol.
hack and squats good for the wheels for sure, specially going deep or parallel at least.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Gift has spoken. End of thread.

buzzkill44

buzzkill44

you guys fail to realize that lifting heavier than someone may not necessary guarantee size. I knew guys who played bball in college that could squat 4plates for reps and had horrible leg development. Trust me, Jay has gone extremely heavy before and many who claim they're so badass should try and train with him sometime because they'd lose their lunch. I guess we have to admit that some people are just more genetically gifted than others.

so true. also for some of you to lose respect for jay because he doesn't go heavy, or you think he doesn't train hard is crazy and ignorant. he's mr.O who are you to critique him?

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

I think that is a matter of opinion and personal preference, as I've had success with both. However, I've been using the smith more recently and it hasn't hurt my back and knees as much as free squats have.

Let them speak Phil, Jay is Mr. O and they are just talkers, who's the people going to remember, Jay or some talker on a web board?
ROTFL at normal people trying to teach a 3 time Mr. O how to train legs.It's not the weight, it's how u use it, that grants you a result.

ddragaon

ddragaon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What a LAME vid
New wheels, cmon Jay stop it please!
Cmon Phil stop defending Jay !

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
so true. also for some of you to lose respect for jay because he doesn't go heavy, or you think he doesn't train hard is crazy and ignorant. he's mr.O who are you to critique him?

Given that this is a sport of critiquing and judging this is a pretty ignorant comment :bitelip:

What a LAME vid
New wheels, cmon Jay stop it please!
Cmon Phil stop defending Jay !

:thumbsup2:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Gift has spoken. End of thread.

Although I have the utmost respect for Phil's opinion and achievements, we all know that pros are not the best source as examples or info for many reasons. They have far superior genetics than others, supps, and revolve their whole lives around bodybuilding. Given these 3 main factors he can do smith squats and grow but that doesn't argue with the fact that you should do free weight squats over smith. The point of training is optimizing your time in the gym and getting the most out of your training so you can go about your every day life. Free weight squats > smith squats.

I guess we are all just use to Ronnie Coleman training like a beast, then you have Jay doing this workout as his "hardest training ever" and "new wheels" :doh: